*Spoilers* No choice at the end?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

So I thought RPG MMOs are not so linear and you can actually have some choices? Why the only option was to finish her off? I had some questions from her before I ended get life but I wasnt given a choice!!!

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

She was trying to kill you. The time for questions ended when Braham decided to shoot first and ask questions… well, he doesn’t ask questions other than who to hit.

Posted by: Abellus.2615

Abellus.2615

Hi, I mean no offense, but have you ever played MMORPG’s before? Making choices is not a staple of MMOs at all, the vast majority of popular MMO’s (Guild Wars 2 included) are primarily linear. The only illusion of decision is during Living Story, and even that will come to the exact same conclusion no matter what the player selects.

If players could make a different decision here, it would cause a split between players that did and did not save Briar. That or, the decision would have to be rendered obsolete somehow, which just puts us back where they are now. Quite frankly I am very happy that the event played as it did, instead of a fake “make-a-choice” followed by “trololol, it happens like we want anyways”.

Posted by: Mr Mango.3504

Mr Mango.3504

Given the circumstances it made sense. But if we had been better about going after Scarlet as a community we might have gotten more answers. But instead, we just wanted her dead.

I’m Mango. Fight on!

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

Do you really think Scarlet would of told you everything at the end? Well ok she was kind of begging to be asked about it from the cutscene.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I would’ve liked a choice there (I can’t remember what the actual names are for the options):

Braham: Player, what should we do?

Heart: Let’s hear her out, we’ve come this far
Crown: She might have a trick up her sleeve, let’s be cautious
Fist: Kill her now!

Maybe the aftermath could’ve been the same, but at least we would get an illusion of choice.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

This isn’t Mass Effect or DA where you can choose which answer will result life, death, or a nice time in bed.

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

But the whole game has that three-option choice mechanic in it already. I did say that the end result could still be the same (Braham and Marjory going Leroy on Scarlet) but at least they want to ask for my opinion. Now I’m just standing there scratching my butt while they run around.

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

There will never be a choice that carries meaning unless the company wants to keep splitting the population into parallel worlds and keep expanding every time there is a choice until everyone has their own personal story and it becomes a single player game.

I agree with Traveller, something small like a choice with small changes in dialog that lead to the same result. Best they can offer.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

In truth we are the dragon champions, that is why we have no free will in the event.

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

In truth we are the dragon champions, that is why we have no free will in the event.

Well… some of you anyway…

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ