**Spoilers** Review of Battle for LA

**Spoilers** Review of Battle for LA

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Deified.7520

Deified.7520

Hello,

Here is my review for this weeks Living Story Patch

Overall, I’d give this event a 7/10.

First lets go over the playable content itself.

The content was pleasing to the sight, but the depth of the combat was probably one of this weeks lowest points. The mini fights themselves were fun, but when the knights spawned is when problems started to arise. The Knight fights and somewhat the hologram fights are very boring and again have very little depth. Lets start with the Knights. The knights have a very high HP, immune to CC, and conditions are very bad to use. This basically means that 75% of the games skills are now useless because of the anti CC and anti condition mechanics. This also is very hurtful towards classes that main meta and “good” skills are centered around conditions. I found the gameplay style of sitting there attacking, dodging his ocasional AoE attack for 10+ mins at a time to get very stale/boring fast. The hologram fights were better, but similar in problems. The Scarlet fight was much much better and was probably the best fight.

Next up is Rewards.

The rewards were great. I like the new guns and helm. I would have loved to see more weapons that would’ve dropped instead of just a rifle, but we can’t have it all. I’d like to see more armors and weapons outside of the gemstore. I know that the gemstore is kind of like progression since you can get gems with gold. Though with the promise of delivering content through the livign story that you’d find in an expansion; I’d rather have an expansion than the current setup for the armors in the gemstore. RNG is another factor again. It kind of irks me that me getting that rifle is based on tons of factors I can’t control. I can’t control who I play with to a certain extent so if I get a “bad” group then there really isn’t anything I can do. Then you have the drop rates. Low drop rates are good and all, they increase the value of an item. However, with the events being spawned at only certain times it makes earning them a much harder process since if I don’t get it I can’t instantly do it again.

Quality

For the big finale of a living story season, there were a large amount of progression blocking bugs. Map crashes, none spawning buffs to get into the drill, Knights resetting/healing 100% to full, etc. The other parts of the content and LA in general seemed fine however, so that was good.