Still no Knight Loot after recent patch

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

We just got done failing the knight event. We only managed to kill the blue knight (most likely had the most number of people there), and got the red and green to about 30% or so. When the event was over though, no one at the green or red knight got any loot.

The patch notes state.

A reward chest will now be awarded after all three Assault Knight events have finished, and will be given to the corresponding participants even if only one Assault Knight was defeated.

The phrase above to me implies that everyone who participates in a knight event will get loot even if only one knight was defeated. If that isn’t the case, this doesn’t stop people from zerging in the slightest. Afterwards when we realized that only people at the blue knight got drops, people already started stating, “why don’t we all go to one and grab the buff when someone else dies”. This isn’t promoting team work at all.

Is this a bug, or is this intended? I figured this would be similar to the Scarlet Invasions where everyone (who participated) on the map got the ending chest, same for the Marionette. Did other people have this problem as well?

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Posted in another thread but I’ll put it here as well:

The problem is the developers are saying split up, while the rewards are saying just go to which ever knight will be downed first. If you are part of the fighting that doesn’t kill your knight you are screwed out of any loot at all.

In my opinion it would have been much better to reward bags map wide and scale the reward based on how many knights managed to go down. That way people are more likely to split up and not get screwed for it.

Come on now, this is easy stuff. How many content releases have we had, and we still can’t figure this stuff out?

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Wallace MacBix.2089

In my opinion it would have been much better to reward bags map wide and scale the reward based on how many knights managed to go down. That way people are more likely to split up and not get screwed for it.

Well that’s exactly my question because I thought it was suppose to work exactly like that.

Miflett.3472

Well that’s exactly my question because I thought it was suppose to work exactly like that.

Nope, you have to have event credit for at least one of the knights that go down to even get anything at all putting a hamper in their ‘spread out’ policy. Essentially meaning that if you don’t get all the knights down, a group fighting will get screwed out of loot.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Posted by: Axialbloom.8109

Axialbloom.8109

Absolutely horrible work, Anet…

Posted by: LaCorpse.6750

LaCorpse.6750

Two events.
2/3 Legendary bosses down.
Why? Because our overflow is underpopulated.

Thanks. I’ll possibly not see scarlet again for ~a week!

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Nope, you have to have event credit for at least one of the knights that go down to even get anything at all putting a hamper in their ‘spread out’ policy. Essentially meaning that if you don’t get all the knights down, a group fighting will get screwed out of loot.

This just happened to me, and it guarantees I won’t be doing this event again until they either revert it back, or fix the changes to a good level. Because I’m sorry, 15 minutes spent trying to down a knight, to get nothing, and knowing I can never get the Six Minutes to Knightfall achievement or even get to Scarlet to get the In Tune achievement now? I am kittened off by this, upset, and actually crying irl…because I spent DAYS going for those two achievements, just to get completely roadblocked by this patch. I was having fun until this, and now I’m not.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Miflett.3472

These guys should have scaled from the start, I don’t think these legendary types scale at all regarding how many people are in the area. Meaning if you aren’t lucky enough to be in a absolutely full map, you can’t even hope to achieve this. That fact alone should call into consideration the quality of this final piece of content.

I hope after this last story we can get some longer development cycles going where we can see as much thought going into actual mechanics that should have been polished by now, rather than pumping out a new shiny gem store roundup every week.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

Just came from an event where only the blue and green knight fell.. those groups got loot. Those poor buggers who were on red got zilch because red wasn’t killed, despite people coming at the end with 5 min left. This doesn’t encourage splitting up, this encourages stacking as much as you can on 1 knight until your maxed at 50.

They’ve buffed one or 2 of the knights toughness which was a bad move. There is absolutely no incentive to do these knights unless your an extreme achievement hunter IMO. You get far more “champ bags” from doing Frostgorge sound, like far far more.

If this doesn’t scream “don’t touch this event with a 10ft pole” I don’t know what does.

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Need to re-post this here because it’s very relevant.
So just got back from trying out the new mechanics & reward system and this is how it played out.

Ran to blue first at random (and because I want the blue back piece…worth a shot). Soon realized I wasn’t getting the attunement and so doing 0 damage.

Immediately asked in map chat who was under 50. Understandably it was hard for anyone to tell in the midst of battle.
A note here, since I have my culling turned all the way down it was impossible to tell how many players were anywhere. I’m sure I’m not the only one having to do this due to crashing with culling turned up.

Looked at the status of the 3 Knights and saw that green was behind so rushed off to go help, hoping there wasn’t already 50 there. There wasn’t…GREAT!…finally doing some damage.

Of course there was only maybe 10 there, the rest were finishing off Red & Blue (no reason to leave if you are already in the first 50).

We unlucky 10 ineffectually wailed on Green until the timer ran out…fail.

Those who where lucky enough to be in the 50 for Red and Blue got a chest…those that ran to Green to help…nothing.

My suggestions:

• Make a simple windowed time (unreliant upon a 50 max player cap) in which the Knights need to be killed, within the total max time of 12 minutes.
  • Make the status of the Knights during the event display throughout the entire map. When downed and waypointing or just entering there is no way to tell where to go until you get there, and by then it’s often too late.
  • If the event succeeds all get the appropriate loot. If a person is lucky enough to get a core they choose (much like choosing a reward from a personal story) which core they get.

That would simply work. So far this simply isn’t.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Miflett.3472

This just happened to me, and it guarantees I won’t be doing this event again until they either revert it back, or fix the changes to a good level. Because I’m sorry, 15 minutes spent trying to down a knight, to get nothing, and knowing I can never get the Six Minutes to Knightfall achievement or even get to Scarlet to get the In Tune achievement now? I am kittened off by this, upset, and actually crying irl…because I spent DAYS going for those two achievements, just to get completely roadblocked by this patch. I was having fun until this, and now I’m not.

I feel you, I really do. I am pretty confident that they will have to do something better than this, I’m sure they will patch in something more sound because I don’t see this actually being what they envisioned.

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

I’ll re-post this as well
Unfortunately for me and for anyone else who’s main goal is to get a particular color back piece upgrade the best strategy for this event is now:

• Camp early the particular Knight you hope to get the core from, assuring you one of the 50 max spots.
  • Stay there irregardless of the status of the other knights, you will get the loot as soon as it is downed whether or not the event fails.

This is getting dangerously close to the awful ‘kill stealing’ or camping of other MMO’s.

I’m willing to forgo the blue backpiece out of my objection to this strategy. Not many others will do the same however, which is totally understandable. Making this the optimal strategy for attaining a soon to be out of reach item is unacceptable.

I love this game and absolutely respect that the developers are doing all they can to make it the best it can be. I sincerely hope they take some of these suggestions to heart in this or future updates so we can all continue to enjoy the game we love.

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

Wallace MacBix.2089

I’ll re-post this as well
Unfortunately for me and for anyone else who’s main goal is to get a particular color back piece upgrade the best strategy for this event is now:

• Camp early the particular Knight you hope to get the core from, assuring you one of the 50 max spots.
  • Stay there irregardless of the status of the other knights, you will get the loot as soon as it is downed whether or not the event fails.

While this seems to be the only way to have a shot at loot (unless you get lucky and have a max map with everyone wanting to do the knights) it can’t be their intention. This is worse than zerging and makes me feel that I need to be selfish if I want any loot (honestly to a lesser extent the same can be said about the previous patch, if you went for civs to save you got far less loot than someone who was doing events).

And that doesn’t even really even mention that this boss is just another big dps check (I’ve been against these boss timers since the teq patch) It’s depressing when 30-35 people can’t kill on boss in 15 min. If the event upscales everyone to 80, why can’t it be designed to be beaten by upscaled/non-ascended gear/non-food buffs/etc. characters. I want my friends who haven’t hit 80 (or who are 80 but still trying to get their first exotic set) to actually be able to help and enjoy this event. Plus it makes some weapons useless, and makes conditioners only useful for ~15% of the time the fight is active.

But all that is an aside. Why doesn’t anyone who gets credit for a fail on a knight also get loot from any knights that were killed?