Tempered Spinal Blades

Tempered Spinal Blades

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: trunks.5249

trunks.5249

I was looking forward to getting Tempered Spinal Blades . when i found out you have to craft a few parts. i knew i wouldn’t be able to get it. i have 0 in crafting and it will stay that way i hate crafting. i find it very boring. i wish they would let crafted ascended items to be sold. i wouldn’t mind buying one from a guild mate or the trading post. i hope at some point they change that because there are a lot of people that don’t craft

master jedi david

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

How lazy are you really? If you have gold it takes maximum 30 minutes for you to get your crafting discipline to 500.

9 Guardians later…

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

Some people just want to complain that some stuff should be done in different way because the current way it is is not what OPs like.

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I get where the OP is coming from, but honestly I thought it was very nice of them to let the exotic version be forged and not require crafting. Besides, OP, the exotic bit looks pretty sweet too!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

How lazy are you really? If you have gold it takes maximum 30 minutes for you to get your crafting discipline to 500.

“If you have the gold” lol

There’s the kicker. As of right now, here is what it would cost to level the professions involved in this to 500 (according to GW2Crafts.net). This is assuming you had the gold to buy all the mats at once. Not following this guide and not doing all your crafting at once will cost you more than these estimates.

Armorcrafting: 116g 81s 77c

Leatherworking: 110g 40s 46c

Tailoring: 107g 26s kitten

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

And those costs are much higher right now. Just try to buy iron…

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

There’s the kicker. As of right now, here is what it would cost to level the professions involved in this to 500 (according to GW2Crafts.net). This is assuming you had the gold to buy all the mats at once. Not following this guide and not doing all your crafting at once will cost you more than these estimates.

Huh, I thought leathercrafting was supposed to be the cheapest.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Sure it’s boring, but you only have to max it out once. Like someone said, if you can’t be bothered to spend the 30m-1h to max out a craft (even if you find it boring) so you can get the Ascended piece you want, then you’re just lazy.

I had to go to a couple’s date this weekend that I didn’t want to go to, to talk to people I don’t care about, about things I have no interest in. It took 4 hours. Seriously. There are worse things you could be doing than maxing crafting within an hour. I just named one. Oh and I didn’t get an Ascended anything from that couple’s date.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

Sure it’s boring, but you only have to max it out once. Like someone said, if you can’t be bothered to spend the 30m-1h to max out a craft (even if you find it boring) so you can get the Ascended piece you want, then you’re just lazy.

I had to go to a couple’s date this weekend that I didn’t want to go to, to talk to people I don’t care about, about things I have no interest in. It took 4 hours. Seriously. There are worse things you could be doing than maxing crafting within an hour. I just named one. Oh and I didn’t get an Ascended anything from that couple’s date.

Uh huh. How long does it take to save up the mats for that 1-500 crafting in half an hour? Or, if you’re too lazy to get your own mats, how long did it take you to earn the 100+ gold to buy them?

Don’t tell me it was 30 minutes.

So, unless you’re willing to shell out like $30 or $40 to buy the gold to buy the mats, it’s a MUCH bigger investment than half an hour.

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: GrandmaFunk.3052

GrandmaFunk.3052

arguably you didn’t start gathering your first material today though, you’ve been accumulating them for just such an occasion.

that or you sold them all as you got them, in which case you have the money to buy the ones you need.

GamersWithJobs [GWJ]
Northern Shiverpeaks

Tempered Spinal Blades

Dahkeus.8243

arguably you didn’t start gathering your first material today though, you’ve been accumulating them for just such an occasion.

that or you sold them all as you got them, in which case you have the money to buy the ones you need.

And if you’re like most players, you have an overabundance of the cheap materials and a shortage of the ones worth any decent amount.

Either that or you’ve sold your mats for gold to spend on other things.

Either that or you’ve already spent all your mats leveling a weapon profession.

So yea, it’s a very ‘arguable’ point, lol.

Tempered Spinal Blades

Vikkela.7261

So what you actually are saying is that you deserve to get ascended back items without:

a) paying for them
b) doing any work for them

As a comparison you can check what it would cost you to buy the mats for the ‘There with Yakkington: A Traveler’s Tale’-back item, the one with selectable stats. Almost 120g too, roughly.

Remember, it’s not only a nice and unique skin, it also has ascended stats. I’d suggest you guys stick with an exotic version and upgrade it later when you can afford it. It’s not that hard.

9 Guardians later…

Tempered Spinal Blades

Dahkeus.8243

So what you actually are saying is that you deserve to get ascended back items without:

a) paying for them

As a comparison you can check what it would cost you to buy the mats for the ‘There with Yakkington: A Traveler’s Tale’-back item, the one with selectable stats. Almost 120g too, roughly.

Remember, it’s not only a nice and unique skin, it also has ascended stats. I’d suggest you guys stick with an exotic version and upgrade it later when you can afford it. It’s not that hard.

No, what he’s saying is that he would like to see an ascended item available without requiring crafting.

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Huh, I thought leathercrafting was supposed to be the cheapest.

It was cheaper to use leathercrafting until everyone rush to level that and all the leather prices went up.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Daxxter.8920

Daxxter.8920

Nice guys very nice, very quick to call a guy lazy or what ever. I am exactly like the OP, I hate crafting, I don’t want to be part of it and no I am not lazy. That aside I still went and got my leatherworking to 400 without a problem and for not more than 1 gold with all the mats I had saved up. From 400 to 500 is another story and is enough to discourage a lot of poeple so please take your thumb out of that dark place you sit on and have some respect for people that don’t follow the same path as the rest of you.

Tempered Spinal Blades

Vikkela.7261

Why should anyone respect such a whiny person? No back item for you, and more back items for people who are willing to work for it. Sounds fair in my ears

9 Guardians later…

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

a) paying for them

Shhhhh, stop it with your silly “logic” and remembering that “its a game”.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

I was kind of in that position; I hated crafting, barely did it in other MMOs, barely did it for this game. I got a few professions to 400 just so I can have a way to craft gifts for the legendary I’m too lazy to try and get but didn’t want to sink the gold into getting them to 500.

Then I saw the ascended blade backpiece and it pushed me over the edge. I got my armorsmith to 500 and crafted my ascended backpiece, then I got my weaponsmith to 500 with the intention to craft some ascended weapons. I only regret not doing it sooner since I’m running a little low on ascended materials.

I have enough to make the ascended axe I want, but I kind of want to see what I need for the colored version of the backpieces before I spend more materials to make an ascended weapon and more backpieces.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

Tempered Spinal Blades

trunks.5249

lol far from lazy .you know how long it would take to get the gold to buy if from the trading post or buying it from a friend without buying the gold ? a lot longer then a few hours that it would take to get crafting to 500 i log it to have fun i love killing kittens weather its pve or dungeons and by the way i worked my kitten off to get all the cultural armor and volcanus for my alt. im saving up atm for twilight and that will take a year or so for my so no far from lazy

master jedi david

(edited by trunks.5249)

Tempered Spinal Blades

trunks.5249

a) paying for them

i dont want anything for free. i am more then happy to do pve.dungeons for gold to buy it from trading post or from a friend. i log in to have fun i don’t care if it took me a few weeks to grind for gold

master jedi david

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

lol far from lazy .you know how long it would take to get the gold to buy if from the trading post or buying it from a friend without buying the gold ? a lot longer then a few hours that it would take to get crafting to 500 i log it to have fun i love killing kittens weather its pve or dungeons and by the way i worked my kitten off to get all the cultural armor and volcanus for my alt. im saving up atm for twilight and that will take a year or so for my so no far from lazy

Well that’s your problem. Pick and choose what is most important and work for it. If Twilight is more important to you then stop complaining. You can always craft the backpiece at a later time. Just farm the Blade Shards and get the recipe now.

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Todd.8162

Todd.8162

When I came to the realization that the game expects you to achieve 500s in all crafting disciplines, I quickly said, “No, thanks” and destroyed the 2000 Bloodstone Dust sitting in my bank that I didn’t know what to do with.

Seriously; I spend time playing games to receive fun in return. “Crafting” is not fun. I enjoy a puzzle or challenge or need to work with others to accomplish a reward. But running thousands of make-believe bits through a make-believe “craft” to receive a different make-believe bit? That’s time hole stupid.

I expected Guild Wars 2 to be smarter and encourage people to concentrate on a few crafting disciplines then trade work with their guild mates who have levels in other disciplines. Y’know; community and working together and all that good happiness stuff.

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: wolfpaq.7354

wolfpaq.7354

So because someone doesn’t want to level crafting they are lazy? Wow. You are a bad person, judging someone like that for no reason other than your pathetic self gratification.

There is absolutely no reason crafting should be required for this ascended backpiece. They are clearly meant as an event reward, therefore should be obtainable by anyone who participates in the event, regardless of their crafting skill.

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

So because someone doesn’t want to level crafting they are lazy? Wow. You are a bad person, judging someone like that for no reason other than your pathetic self gratification.

There is absolutely no reason crafting should be required for this ascended backpiece. They are clearly meant as an event reward, therefore should be obtainable by anyone who participates in the event, regardless of their crafting skill.

Obviously the backpiece is supposed to be crafted (hence the crafting required). Why should any ascended backpiece be given away for free/participating in an event where you can finish all achievements in 2 runs, while others had to craft their ascended pieces throwing an insane amount of materials into the MF (or directly crafting it with the new recipes), farm relics in the fractals of the mists, etc. You see the flaw?

I would understand a free giveaway as meta reward if it was just for the skin, but an ascended backpiece where you can pick your stats: no

If you want event rewards for “participating”:
Apart from tier rewards for saving citizens, gold/exp/karma given for each event you participated in, bags, drops, etc. there are several things you can get by exchanging found belongings and heirlooms. These are obtainable regardless of crafting skill.

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

And those costs are much higher right now. Just try to buy iron…

Iron really isn’t an issue, in fact, you can make some money off of it, on top of easily getting the iron you need to craft the back piece.

If you have a couple 80s (can also be done with toons lower than 80), and hit up a lot of perma rich iron nodes, you can get up to 300+ within an hour.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Hopeless.5403

Hopeless.5403

450 maybe but from there on it’s pretty difficult since most items are account bound.

To the original post, Gw2 ‘imo’ did a great job with crafting from other games i’ve played. You should try it out…..

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

450 maybe but from there on it’s pretty difficult since most items are account bound.

To the original post, Gw2 ‘imo’ did a great job with crafting from other games i’ve played. You should try it out…..

Actually, you don’t need any account bound mats in order to level to 500. This can all be done by using normal T6 mats and rediscovering the different stat/piece combinations due to the fact that all the exotic recipes you have discovered before were reset when level 500 was introduced (recipes you have bought are still there though – like e.g. celestial).

Leatherworker Guide:
http://www.guildwars2hub.com/guides/crafting/guild-wars-2-leatherworker-leveling-guide-400-500

This guide is just for reference so you get an idea what I’m talking about. It’s not the cheapest so you should always check on the TP if there are any cheaper mats you could use. Maybe you have some spare Snowflakes or Quartz Crytals – those can make it a lot cheaper (in case you don’t need them for anything else of course).

If you start leveling now it isn’t cheap at all though if you need to buy some mats… I would recommend a bit of waiting until the prices for several materials reach reasonable values again. Currently some prices are insane…

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yet another I want it handed to me post. I too hate crafting. But I’ve spent the time/money to level my weapon and armor crafting to 500(armor smith was just today. ). But if you want I that bad, you have to work for it. I really want The Flamseeker prophecies. But the fact that I’ll have to pay god know how much in gold which will take me forever to gather just to buy some of the mats I’ve given up as I know I just don’t have the time to comit to it. But I’m happy with my ascended weapons. And now I can start on the armor.

So in short, work for it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Miltek.2104

Miltek.2104

You can buy recpites now and gether all necessery parts now (which will unget’able after patch).
And after it you can slowly lvl up your crafting and craft it in the time.

You need:
Spinal backpiece recipte
Tons of Blade shards
Gift of Blades recipte

Thats all, rest you can craft even in 2020. Only get those parts.

Trust me. I’m engineer

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Uh huh. How long does it take to save up the mats for that 1-500 crafting in half an hour? Or, if you’re too lazy to get your own mats, how long did it take you to earn the 100+ gold to buy them?

Don’t tell me it was 30 minutes.

So, unless you’re willing to shell out like $30 or $40 to buy the gold to buy the mats, it’s a MUCH bigger investment than half an hour.

I guess it depends on how long you’ve been playing the game. I’ve been playing since early release and have plenty of money at this point. Some days I’ve farmed for it I suppose, but mostly it’s just selling things I get or play the TP here and there.

I wouldn’t be able to tell you how long it would take to farm 100g, but I’d venture to guess if you, say, did 3 dungeon paths a day (the fast ones that take 10-15min), considering the drops you’d get, plus guaranteed money from completing the runs, you would probably have your 100g in ~3 weeks playing less than 1hr each day (16.5hrs play time). This doesn’t take into account potential high value drops that could reduce your time greatly. This is assuming 4.5g each day from running 3 dungeon paths plus selling what you get.

If you really wanted to “farm” for it, you’d be able to get 100g in a matter of days.

So no, not 30min if you don’t already have mats and are broke. You can’t accomplish as much in this game if you are broke.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: NightShadow.1429

NightShadow.1429

Huh? How are they leveling O-0… I’ve gotten 1-300 using about 10g… and making that back overnight selling the kitten I made, so really, I haven’t lost any profit………… 107g seems really excessive.

“Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Tempered Spinal Blades

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Huh? How are they leveling O-0… I’ve gotten 1-300 using about 10g… and making that back overnight selling the kitten I made, so really, I haven’t lost any profit………… 107g seems really excessive.

For 400-500 you use a lot of expensive materials including t6 and ectoplasm which boosts that up significantly.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.