Thank you for the 3/11 patch

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Thinsett.3789

Thinsett.3789

I have been laying into Anet for this latest LS, so I thought I would drop a line and say thank you for improving it with the latest patch. With the knights massively more doable, people show up and you beat it. I just beat them twice, along with prime and scarlet, having never managed any of them (I know, I could have done scarlet with the back piece, but I didn’t want to if it didn’t come to that).

I still find the fights gloriously uninteresting and would much prefer smaller instanced fights to these, but I recognize you were going for epic and you wanted to make the fights not merely aft on auto. That’s a tough balance. You flubbed it at first, because it was awful, but now it’s about as good as it could be, consistent with the above. So, thank you. I have a much better taste in my mouth regarding this event.

(Escape was far better, tho. Just sayin.)

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Except that Six minutes to knightfall is still bugged.

Six patches and it’s still not right.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: The Art of Killing.8643

The Art of Killing.8643

Nice to hear its still bugged. Just automatically give everyone that achievement anet. Pretty much everyone that has that achievement got it through the bug that was randomly given by killing only one knight in under 6 minutes what will be fair is to just give us all that achievement. Personally i did the knights in under 6 minutes about 10 times by guesting to servers and got nothing due to the bug. I just gave up. Please give everyone that achievement IF u want to be fair

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

It was fixed? Then I give Anet a +1 cookie!

This post was sponsored by +1 cookies. The cookies for those that do good things!

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Not all of us got the achievement via the bug and others are still trying to get it.
Yeah the latest patch to drop knights health by 25% and remove menders is a good quick fix but it isn’t a solution to the issues, in fact I would call it a lazy band aid.
It still doesn’t help players who’s play times sit outside of the few hours prime time and as such still can’t muster enough players to complete the knights/ a knight/ the 6min achieve … the event needs scaling not insta health drops, but I guess it will help widen the number of single knight farming and a few more completions closer to prime.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Not all of us got the achievement via the bug and others are still trying to get it.
Yeah the latest patch to drop knights health by 25% and remove menders is a good quick fix but it isn’t a solution to the issues, in fact I would call it a lazy band aid.
It still doesn’t help players who’s play times sit outside of the few hours prime time and as such still can’t muster enough players to complete the knights/ a knight/ the 6min achieve … the event needs scaling not insta health drops, but I guess it will help widen the number of single knight farming and a few more completions closer to prime.

Guesting exists. Use it if your server is empty at your gaming times.

Can’t single knight farm anymore. Capped at 50ppl per knight that can even damage it. Better served by spreading out and beating the event.

Insta-health drops are fine when the attacks are so heavily telegraphed.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Bloodstealer.5978

Can’t single knight farm anymore. Capped at 50ppl per knight that can even damage it. Better served by spreading out and beating the event.

Dooh.. look at the issue before jumping in .. guesting only exaggerates the issue across server.. where have you been for months and months.

You absolutely can farm a single knight.. because if you had read around the issues the event has.. not enough servers can grab 50 people on a singlew knight let alone each knight.. except maybe for a few hours a day at prime, which surprisingly doesn’t suit everyone.. the event does not take into consideration server pops across a 24 hr period let alone 12 hrs… and scaling is non existant so you load up as many on one knight to at least grab your chest … if you do mange to get moe than 50 you begin to filter them out to the next knight… its been happening ever since the patch.

Insta health drops will only help when sufficient numbers exist to be able to tackle a single or multiple knights.. unfortunately that isn’t proving to be all that common across many servers.. read the plethora of posting on it and map chats on servers… lack of event scaling makes it all but impossible to do anything more than tickle them most of the time even with 25% less health…the attacks and dodges aren’t the issue when there are so few in the first place.

Personally I am not at all bothered about it any more, I got all my achievs (excepot the impossible 6min to knightfall debacle) and a bit of loot Helm etc so I am one of those just farming knights for cores now add in the fact that RNG is fickle at the best of times in GW2.. people have began to loose interest in the event anyway and farm a single knight instead… argue it as much as you like but its a sad face fact because there is little else to go for.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

co-sign, the reduction in HP has helped a lot.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Except that Six minutes to knightfall is still bugged.

Six patches and it’s still not right.

Six patches to knightfall, it should be called now

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Clear.8512

Clear.8512

311 good band. Patch did help to get more people involved with the entire LS. I hope the menders were removed due to a glitch and not because players are too lazy to make sure they are tagged and bagged before they get to blue.

Seras.5702

Dooh.. look at the issue before jumping in .. guesting only exaggerates the issue across server.. where have you been for months and months.

You absolutely can farm a single knight.. because if you had read around the issues the event has.. not enough servers can grab 50 people on a singlew knight let alone each knight.. except maybe for a few hours a day at prime, which surprisingly doesn’t suit everyone.. the event does not take into consideration server pops across a 24 hr period let alone 12 hrs… and scaling is non existant so you load up as many on one knight to at least grab your chest … if you do mange to get moe than 50 you begin to filter them out to the next knight… its been happening ever since the patch.

Insta health drops will only help when sufficient numbers exist to be able to tackle a single or multiple knights.. unfortunately that isn’t proving to be all that common across many servers.. read the plethora of posting on it and map chats on servers… lack of event scaling makes it all but impossible to do anything more than tickle them most of the time even with 25% less health…the attacks and dodges aren’t the issue when there are so few in the first place.

Personally I am not at all bothered about it any more, I got all my achievs (excepot the impossible 6min to knightfall debacle) and a bit of loot Helm etc so I am one of those just farming knights for cores now add in the fact that RNG is fickle at the best of times in GW2.. people have began to loose interest in the event anyway and farm a single knight instead… argue it as much as you like but its a sad face fact because there is little else to go for.

You’re talking about a systemic problem and I’m giving a personal solution. The post said that he/she can’t accomplish the Knight fight because there aren’t enough people in his LA. Guesting solves that for him/her. You’re right, it exacerbates the situation for that server. But if there aren’t enough people anyway, what’s it matter? I’m not saying “everyone guest to BG!” I’m saying guest if your server has low pop or you play at off times (as the poster does).

And “farming” a single Knight is zerging a single Knight. Which is what was happening until Anet patched the content so that it can’t be done any more. Simply using everyone that’s in LA to kill 1 Knight if you’ve only got 50 people….I wouldn’t call that a farm. That’s just accomplishing what you can with what you’ve got. But the actual farming of 1 Knight was happening, where everyone would zerg 1 Knight after another, knowing they wouldn’t be able to win the event, just to get the chests.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Meh, so a single meaningless achievement is still bugged.
Yes, it’s really bad as far as their QA goes, especially if they cannot get something this simple fixed.
But no, there’s much bigger fish in the pond. A single achievement. Out of a few thousand.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Bloodstealer.5978

Meh, so a single meaningless achievement is still bugged.
Yes, it’s really bad as far as their QA goes, especially if they cannot get something this simple fixed.
But no, there’s much bigger fish in the pond. A single achievement. Out of a few thousand.

Agree.. though from a challenge standpoint if were being taught to coordinate to succeed its one of those achievements that goes a long way to help bring that theory to life… as it is now most players on my server simply stack red then any numbers beyond 50 become dead weight or move to blue/green..

@Sera – So yes Seras its called farming with what we have.. bourne originally out of necessity, now out of can’t be botheredness (I made a new word).
Every man and his dog knows the original day of the knights event was easier to zerg one knight to the other and yes that hasn’t been possible since the patch.. that’s a different mindset that’s simply players working out collectively how to best achieve not only the event to get to Scarlet, but to also beat the clock.

Now the achievs are meaningless to most, its just time to catch up on the cores we lost out on due to the loot bug shambles.. farming is farming whether it be in a zerg, an organised front or soloing like with blades etc. Of course if by chance there are enough to load up other or all knights its a no brainer… and the recent 25% in health likely means 40 on each knight will be a success, but even getting 40 is a hot topic for many servers.. so yes we guest if we still need to.

(edited by Bloodstealer.5978)

Posted by: Blade Syphon.4325

Blade Syphon.4325

Telling people to just Guest to another server isn’t solving the issue. Instead of just telling people to guest to another server to do content, we, as well as Anet, should be looking to fix this problem all together.

The biggest way of fixing this would be to, obviously, more accurately show how many players are actively logged onto a realm, not how many characters have been created on that in the world selection. It’s painfully misleading, and alot of new players, returning players, or hell, just people looking to migrate are lulled into a false sense of “Oh wow, every server is Very High, which means there’s people everywhere!” when this is very clearly not the case.

Of course, this only slightly fixes the issue by moving players towards populated realms. Those still stuck on low-pop realms need to have their problem fixed as well, and the only way to do that is to use the “dreaded” word: Realm Merges.

People shouldn’t feel forced to have to constantly guest to another server to complete content, nor should they feel as though they need to pay real money to permanently transfer as well.

GW2’s population is not as high as it was a year ago, and some servers are paying for it, especially when it seems Anet’s developers are either painfully ignorant of the population of their own game, or simply don’t care, and are making content specifically for TTS and similar guild, as well as for Blackgate.

As the game gets older, and more people get frustrated by Anet’s lack of doing anything, or care towards low population servers, the game’s going to only continue to sufffer worst and worst for it. Over Flows will become worst as everyone quite literally migrates to Blackgate or whatever other server is considered to be full, and the other servers are left abandoned, yet will still claim to have “Very High” populations due to how the servers record players.

Guesting is a bandaid fix, nothing more. Instead of telling people “Just Guest to Black Gate to do the event and get your achievements”, we should be telling them to Guest for now, while we continue to try to get Anet to realize the growing problem that the realm population is becoming.

Posted by: The Art of Killing.8643

The Art of Killing.8643

Telling people to just Guest to another server isn’t solving the issue. Instead of just telling people to guest to another server to do content, we, as well as Anet, should be looking to fix this problem all together.

The biggest way of fixing this would be to, obviously, more accurately show how many players are actively logged onto a realm, not how many characters have been created on that in the world selection. It’s painfully misleading, and alot of new players, returning players, or hell, just people looking to migrate are lulled into a false sense of “Oh wow, every server is Very High, which means there’s people everywhere!” when this is very clearly not the case.

Of course, this only slightly fixes the issue by moving players towards populated realms. Those still stuck on low-pop realms need to have their problem fixed as well, and the only way to do that is to use the “dreaded” word: Realm Merges.

People shouldn’t feel forced to have to constantly guest to another server to complete content, nor should they feel as though they need to pay real money to permanently transfer as well.

GW2’s population is not as high as it was a year ago, and some servers are paying for it, especially when it seems Anet’s developers are either painfully ignorant of the population of their own game, or simply don’t care, and are making content specifically for TTS and similar guild, as well as for Blackgate.

As the game gets older, and more people get frustrated by Anet’s lack of doing anything, or care towards low population servers, the game’s going to only continue to sufffer worst and worst for it. Over Flows will become worst as everyone quite literally migrates to Blackgate or whatever other server is considered to be full, and the other servers are left abandoned, yet will still claim to have “Very High” populations due to how the servers record players.

Guesting is a bandaid fix, nothing more. Instead of telling people “Just Guest to Black Gate to do the event and get your achievements”, we should be telling them to Guest for now, while we continue to try to get Anet to realize the growing problem that the realm population is becoming.

Guesting IS NOT the solution to anything. When i guest into a certain server, due to the fact that everyone is in there i have to be either extremely lucky or guest to that server in like 6 am in order to get in the main. If u guest and get in an overflow when the queue to travel to the main server pops up surprise surprise you get a “Network connection error” or get ported into a different overflow. I personally have been filling bug reports since august up to today about that problem but i guess am only filing those bugs so that only my self can see them. They are not even bothered to fix that.

The only way is to get in guilds such as those you most of the times want to act like ….. and even prefer to lose the event that help you get it if u are not part of their guild. Well nice one. I dont want to be a part of such guilds. Personally i would have preferred this to be an instance from now on and take people from the lfg than just sit and rage all the time. Eventually people will slowly stop playing. IF that is what anet wants well i cant say anything more.

There are 5 minimum topics about the issue of this specific content but i am sure that only we see what we post. They don’t even care.

If i had a design team that cannot deliver after 2 years of this game’s release a content that is bugged free i would have shown them the way out on the spot.

Seras.5702

Well…yea…..I don’t think anyone is saying guesting is a permanent solution to these issues. But it’s all that we, as players, can do until Anet does something to consolidate the populations. There have been plenty of threads open regarding this precise issue, so it’s been said. It’s out there. Unfortunately, if you’re playing on a low-active-pop server or are playing at off-peak times, guesting is the bandaid fix we’ve got.

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

I have been laying into Anet for this latest LS, so I thought I would drop a line and say thank you for improving it with the latest patch. With the knights massively more doable, people show up and you beat it. I just beat them twice, along with prime and scarlet, having never managed any of them (I know, I could have done scarlet with the back piece, but I didn’t want to if it didn’t come to that).

I still find the fights gloriously uninteresting and would much prefer smaller instanced fights to these, but I recognize you were going for epic and you wanted to make the fights not merely aft on auto. That’s a tough balance. You flubbed it at first, because it was awful, but now it’s about as good as it could be, consistent with the above. So, thank you. I have a much better taste in my mouth regarding this event.

(Escape was far better, tho. Just sayin.)

Agreed, you beat me to it. I would also like to thank Anet for the recent adjustment to the Knights. People grouped after it hit and were pleased and so excited to face Scarlet. Well done. Now, that said… let’s talk rewards.. XD

Posted by: Carcerus.9107

Carcerus.9107

ANet did the right thing by broadening access to the holo fight by making the knights fight easier. But as other have pointed out, their solution — reducing the knights’ health pools — doesn’t actually fix what was broken, which was the scaling system. The Living Story let’s them get away with Scotch tape fixes like this because the content is here today, gone tomorrow … so why bother spending resources addressing the real problem? It’s one of the downfalls players have identified with the way ANet has handled content updates in GW2.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

311 good band. Patch did help to get more people involved with the entire LS. I hope the menders were removed due to a glitch and not because players are too lazy to make sure they are tagged and bagged before they get to blue.

It’s pretty clear they heal a percent as opposed to a set amount, which is seriously unfair in this case.

Posted by: shogei.8015

shogei.8015

I am happy that this fight has been tweaked. It has finally allowed me to progress to the holo fight, which is a blast. It’s a pain that the achievement is still broken, but not a tragedy since I am having fun.

Guild warrior for life!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

6 min to knightfall is now the only LS achievement I don’t have yet…but still haven’t gotten close on the timer yet to even see if it’s bugged or not.

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Thanks Anet for the fix. Kind of interesting to see an event go from Epic Win to Epic Fail to Epic Win in less than a week lol.