The effects of the Breachmaker

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: LokreN.7698

LokreN.7698

I would like to open up a discussion about the Breachmaker’s effects. For those of you that don’t know what the Breachmaker is, it is the giant drill that Scarlet is using in Lion’s Arch. We know that she’s looking for the leylines, but what I’m more interested in are the unintended consequences of the drill because I don’t think that the destruction of LA is the major Tyria-changing event that we’re led on to believe. Drilling into a planet with that kind of force could do a lot of damage, like a massive earthquake. What do you think?

Posted by: Taisia.2813

Taisia.2813

It’s not a really powerful Breachmaker though, and I’ve seen a lot of Breachmakers in my time… I mean.. not 1 pixel penetration in 2 weeks? That is indeed slow…

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

I think the fact that the water level is lowering in the bay is proof of a speculation by myself and others: this is going to flood the Depths of Tyria and likely force the destroyers out. Earthquakes are definitely possible.

That said, I still think Primordus is down there snacking on that leyline hub. She built that Marionette to fight something, and the fact that it comes out of the end of the drill tells me that she needs it down at the leyline. I’m more worried about what’s going to happen when she makes him mad…

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I think the fact that the water level is lowering in the bay is proof of a speculation by myself and others: this is going to flood the Depths of Tyria and likely force the destroyers out. Earthquakes are definitely possible.

That said, I still think Primordus is down there snacking on that leyline hub. She built that Marionette to fight something, and the fact that it comes out of the end of the drill tells me that she needs it down at the leyline. I’m more worried about what’s going to happen when she makes him mad…

The marionette has already been abandoned at the site of the fight.

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

The marionette has already been abandoned at the site of the fight.

Also.. some of us already know what’s coming, and it’s not Primordus.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Kalarchis.8635

Trust me, I’ve read the spoilers, I know what’s coming as well. But as Konig pointed out in the Lore forum many times, she sent out a new Marionette every time.

Also, why would she test it and then abandon it? She has another waiting in that drill. The completed version. And just b/c I know which dragon it is doesn’t mean Primy isn’t also involved.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I always thought the Marionette was just a device that absorbed energy to power the zone-killing super laser above her.

exits stage right and heads to the lore forum

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

TheReaperTheFourthHorsemen.7894

How did you find out it’s name I wasn’t aware it had one

my fate is my own, I will not be Mordremoth’s slave!- Ezonos Nightbriar

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Well yeah, I think the vast majority of informed players think that the Marionette is to fight a dragon, or at the least distract it while it powers up the Aethercannon.

Now that this patch has dropped, I’m really interested to see how this all turns out next patch.

In a way, I’m kinda disappointed in this patch. I don’t really think we need 2 weeks of Escaping Lions Arch. In my opinion they should have had this event change after a few days or so and evolve into something else.

The last patch is going to be pretty jam packed I think.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

How did you find out it’s name I wasn’t aware it had one

POI in LA, just swim over to the drill (don’t touch it, that kills you)

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

Trust me, I’ve read the spoilers, I know what’s coming as well. But as Konig pointed out in the Lore forum many times, she sent out a new Marionette every time.

Also, why would she test it and then abandon it? She has another waiting in that drill. The completed version. And just b/c I know which dragon it is doesn’t mean Primy isn’t also involved.

This is literally what Konig said:

Marionette’s dead – there was only ever one, the repeating event was for benefit of players it seems, confirmed during a Live Stream. – Konig

Also the Marionette came out of a portal, not out of the drill directly. A NPC near the Marionettes Landing says this.

As for the spoilers, I still dont believe them. They could be fake.

On the actual topic, the fact that the water level is lower is strange because LA is directly connected to the open sea so the depths flooding shouldnt be such a big deal.

Look beyond the obvious…

Kalarchis.8635

Ah, I didn’t catch that bit of new info. That makes more sense honestly. But it’s still possible that she built a second, final version of the Marionette. I don’t understand why she would build a giant combat robot just to test a laser (or explosive) weapon. Surely the robot itself has significance beyond the obvious symbolism of Scarlet being a puppet. We’ll find out I guess.

And yeah it comes out of a portal, but the portal was centered on the bottom of the drill. No reason she couldn’t make the portal elsewhere I suppose.

The fact that the bay is lowering while still connected to the sea would mean that there’s a huge amount of space down there being filled up, which matches the “huge tracts of land” that we know Primy cleared in the Depths. But if that much water were pouring down, I’d expect to see a current pulling us down there…which may simply be something the devs neglected to put in.

Also, the fact that the mods rapidly deleted threads about the spoiler at the time pretty much confirms for me that they’re true. Why work that hard to cover up false information?

(edited by Kalarchis.8635)

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Ah, I didn’t catch that bit of new info. That makes more sense honestly. But it’s still possible that she built a second, final version of the Marionette. I don’t understand why she would build a giant combat robot just to test a laser (or explosive) weapon. Surely the robot itself has significance beyond the obvious symbolism of Scarlet being a puppet. We’ll find out I guess.

And yeah it comes out of a portal, but the portal was centered on the bottom of the drill. No reason she couldn’t make the portal elsewhere I suppose.

The fact that the bay is lowering while still connected to the sea would mean that there’s a huge amount of space down there being filled up, which matches the “huge tracts of land” that we know Primy cleared in the Depths. But if that much water were pouring down, I’d expect to see a current pulling us down there…which may simply be something the devs neglected to put in.

Also, the fact that the mods rapidly deleted threads about the spoiler at the time pretty much confirms for me that they’re true. Why work that hard to cover up false information?

The bolded part is wrong, it’s modeled after the watch knights and was to symbolize our races (I think specifically humans) being the puppets. NOT Scarlet.

Also, it wouldn’t surprise me if she EXPECTED the marionette to fail since it was a WEAPONS TEST, it’s likely a case of what happened with the toxin from the nightmare tower. Send it out for a field test, kill tons of people with that, heroes stop it, go back, fix what was wrong with it, send it back in and watch it cleave through heroes.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Posted by: Blurk.6231

Blurk.6231

Sure she could make the portal somewhere else but I really dont think the Marionette us that important. The devs said the thing above the Marionette was important even before the patch went live.

If the water level in Lions Arch went down the same thing should happen in all coastal regions, like Southsun Cove and Orr, this is not the case so the water level isnt going down. The only explaination is that the ground in LA rose. This is possible due to the effects of the breachmaker but I find this to be a useless addition. The devs are only making explaining things harder for themselves.

Also when a fake spoiler is posted on the official forum and people say it is data mined, as a dev you are putting a lot of people on the wrong track and there will be a giant miscommunication that is not good for the game. They also cant say the spoilers are not true because then they would rule out a huge theory. So as a dev the best thing you can do is just remove everything that has to do with it.

Look beyond the obvious…

Kalarchis.8635

I don’t mean that Scarlet meant it to symbolize that she was a puppet. I think you’re right that she would consider us the puppets. I think that the devs meant it to symbolize that she was a puppet.

Your second point is exactly what I’m saying. It was a weapons test; you only test a weapon if you have intent to use it for something. You take a gun out to a range and test it on targets before you use it on the enemy. But you don’t take it to the range, fire on the targets, and then scrap the gun, particularly if it works. We were the test targets, so there must be a main target.

BTW this is my favorite and the most interesting topic in the game right now, if you couldn’t tell