The floating city south of Garenhoff...

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Meadfreek.6789

Meadfreek.6789

…in Kessex Hills. I’m assuming it’s still there. I don’t believe it’s been used for anything. It’s just…there. Like a big ‘ol plot hole. I’d like to see that fleshed out and used (at least temporarily) as the new central hub once LA gets trashed.

Mead
Tol Acharn [PHNX]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

The hub replacing Lion’s Arch after its destruction is the Vigil Keep.

Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/02/11/prepare-to-escape-from-lions-arch-in-guild-wars-2s-next-conten/

I do agree with you that the flying castle in Kessex should have something done with it; I wish it could have its own living story release.

(edited by Caveth.3268)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

The hub replacing Lion’s Arch after its destruction is the Vigil Keep.

Source: http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/02/11/prepare-to-escape-from-lions-arch-in-guild-wars-2s-next-conten/

I do agree with you that the flying castle in Kessex should have something done with it; I wish it could have its own living story release.

I strongly dissagree with that. Don’t get me wrong. I know the feeling and understand why many people would like to see that.. But let me tell you a lil bit off history.

This structure is tied very deep within GuildWars and even Arenanet development. In GW1 there where quests. In the dat-file they where numbered. The quest with number 1, and asumed to be the first one created, or atelast the first one to make it to the game, is the Villainy of Galrath. This quest brought players to a boss, that was trying to get into this city to unravel the mystery’s locked inside.

The tower had likely some more purposes then just being there, but for reasons unknown to us, they have never been put into the game. So this tower has a lot of history and even sentiments.

The more important reason to be against a living story arc is that the reason it appeals to so many people is not just cause it is floating (so is Rata Sum, big deal!!), but cause it is a mystery. A living story would break that mystery and make it just another floating rock. So I’m for keeping this one a mystery forever

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Posted by: MisterElliott.2481

MisterElliott.2481

Mysteries are meant to be solved. Best we get it out of the way before another Mary Sue villain appears.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

Looking at early artwork (Daniel Dociu) I think the vigil keep is only a temporary hub. Afterwards, we’ll move to the Black Citadel. From there, we’ll flee massively, using zephyrite ships, to Cantha.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

By the way, it’s not a city. It’s a castle.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

It’s the Wizard’s Tower. We don’t know who the Wizard is. We don’t even have enough information to hypothesize.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wizard's_Tower

I’d be surprised if anything is ever done with it. It is sort of important that the tower makes sense from a lore perspective because of it’s roots in GW. If the Lich, Titans, Destroyers, Shiro, Abbadon, Mantle Oppression of it’s region, Mursaat, Zhaitan’s Rise and Toxic Alliance couldn’t stir the occupants to give a kitten, then why would they open the doors all of the sudden under the threat of the remaining Dragons? Especially when said Dragons haven’t even done anything since they woke up.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Looking at early artwork (Daniel Dociu) I think the vigil keep is only a temporary hub. Afterwards, we’ll move to the Black Citadel. From there, we’ll flee massively, using zephyrite ships, to Cantha.

We are not going to Cantha. Just stop. Its not happening. We will be opening up Maguuma Jungle, The Northern Shiverpeaks and the Crystal Desert LONG before ever seeing Cantha. The first place outside of our neck of the woods we might see will be Elona.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

mercury ranique.2170

Mysteries are meant to be solved.

Wich means it will no longer be a mystery.

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

Exactly. But after two games, I think its time this mystery IS solved. A mystery is intriguing; a mystery that goes on unsolved forever is just an irritation.

Posted by: SlothBear.9846

SlothBear.9846

Please no. That is one of the few remaining cool things in Tyria that Scarlet hasn’t been given credit for. Don’t give them ideas!!! In fact, I’m pretty sure there is no castle there.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Exactly. But after two games, I think its time this mystery IS solved. A mystery is intriguing; a mystery that goes on unsolved forever is just an irritation.

This isn’t a Yes or No matter, though. They could give us more information, or have something happen there to respark the mystery without solving it.

There’s no reason for this mystery to remain a mystery forever. SOMEONE should be working on figuring it out, after all. Several someones, in fact. But that doesn’t mean we need the answers all at once.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

I’ve wanted to know what’s in that tower since Villainy of Galrath. I suppose to an extent, since leveling my first GW toon in Wizard’s Folly.

The Wizard is Isgaren, and you can check out Wooden Potatoes’ channel to find out more about this GW lore mystery. It’s pretty cool. That said, I think it’s best we let this one remain unsolved.

I don’t see a satisfying conclusion from it (given the current storytelling).

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

¬_¬
castle is hands off..
kind of the whole point

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

So instead of having stories told about things steeped in lore that you care about, you want more tales of the Trahearnes and Scarlets of the world that no one has any connection with or cares about? Got it.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Redball.7236

Redball.7236

I think it’s sort of meant to be a forbidden fruit kind of thing.
Never explaining what it is and keeping it shrouded in mystery is what makes it interesting, if they fleshed it out it would probably be not as awesome.

Cassius Snowstorm – Engineer
Tycho Snowpaw – Guardian
Gandara – [WvW]

Posted by: Tyrion.8632

Tyrion.8632

This is the best explenation i know

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

Lol at people saying it should remain a mystery forever. That’s stupid, what’s the point of a mystery if you can’t eventually solve it?

With that said, please ANet DO NOT reveal the secret of the tower right now. The Living Story is not good enough to deliver a satisfying experience with the tower. The LS is getting better and better but I know for a fact that if they came out with an update in the next few months that allows access to the tower, it would be disappointing. Don’t let us into the tower until you’re ready to make a huge, expansive patch that will satisfy the 8 years of hype preceding it.

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

Posted by: Thiagugu.9682

Thiagugu.9682

cough…Verata…cough

“Don’t be discouraged, darling. You can’t help being inferior.”

mercury ranique.2170

cough…Verata…cough

He is dead, trust me. It was me who killed him. no way he will ever return!

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

Well actually it’s not a far stretch to believe it may be Verata considering what he was trying to do during his lifetime. Even if you did defeat him. (Cringes inwardly at people who throw around the term Mary Sue incorrectly)

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

By the way, it’s not a castle it’s a tower :P

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Touché!

:D

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

On the outside, yes.

On the inside? Whoever made it was an outstandingly powerful mage with a lot of skill. We can’t say what’s on the inside, or how much inside-ness there is.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

The Wizard’s Tower was a complete mystery throughout all of Guild Wars 1. Remaining a complete mystery throughout Guild Wars 2 won’t hurt.

Seriously though, I do wish they’d finally explain it, or make a dungeon out of it, or something. I just hope to god they don’t wreck the experience by lumping it into a mediocre living story chapter.

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

they could just troll us and get us “close” to it but not actually get to see anything inside.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

There’s a door in Ebonhawke that leads to Crystal Desert.

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

It’s the Wizard’s Tower. We don’t know who the Wizard is. We don’t even have enough information to hypothesize.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wizard's_Tower

I’d be surprised if anything is ever done with it. It is sort of important that the tower makes sense from a lore perspective because of it’s roots in GW. If the Lich, Titans, Destroyers, Shiro, Abbadon, Mantle Oppression of it’s region, Mursaat, Zhaitan’s Rise and Toxic Alliance couldn’t stir the occupants to give a kitten, then why would they open the doors all of the sudden under the threat of the remaining Dragons? Especially when said Dragons haven’t even done anything since they woke up.

Try this one..

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard%27s_Tower

It has since been relocated by its new owner, Isgarren, to the southeastern edge of Kessex Hills.

Whoever Isgarren is.

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Isgarren is some creepy “wizard” who is kidnapping people and putting their souls inside Golems – at least this is the implied story if you listen to the dialogue around Garrenhoff. (Sounds an awful lot like something an Asura would do…)

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

This is the best explenation i know

Never been interested in any lore but i found this theory very interesting, I feel converted lol :P

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

Isgarren is some creepy “wizard” who is kidnapping people and putting their souls inside Golems – at least this is the implied story if you listen to the dialogue around Garrenhoff. (Sounds an awful lot like something an Asura would do…)

Well, the Arcane Eye has a base in Garenhoff.
Suspicious…

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”