The new Knight events discussion

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Darkly.8926

Darkly.8926

On our first try just now, we managed to kill red, and get blue and green to 30ish%

Honestly, I would say the change is pretty fair. Its a pretty okay difficulty increase.

But, I know a lot of people won’t like it, so discuss your opinions on it.

EDIT: Everyone who’s blue watchknight healed to full, I would take it up here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Blue-Watchknight-healing-to-full-randomly/first#post3729191

(edited by Darkly.8926)

Posted by: FANY.6524

FANY.6524

Ashe Walker
Prescribed [Rx]

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

what was the reward like for this result?
which one did you fight?
what server were you on?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

I don’t like it, the knights can still scale beyond 50 people at them, this caused a failure on my server’s attempt. PLEASE don’t let it keep scaling beyond 50 when there’s a 50 player damage cap on it already, it makes no sense for it to scale beyond that!

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Guess we’ll see how well this goes in prime time. Right now, it was pretty awful.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Laserhog.5049

Laserhog.5049

On FA main we killed green, got red and blue to about 5%, then in the last few seconds blue HEALED back to 75% health. I’m calling this fix a massive failure. The only people that got any kind of reward were some people at green who got some deluxe boxes. The rest of us got nothing except the chance to wait another 40 mins to try again. The 50/50/50 is a nice idea but I really don’t think it was necessary.

All we wanted for the fix was to get drops from the knights, or a reward for the event. But no, now they go and make the event harder with no visible increase in rewards.

Great job.

Darkly.8926

what was the reward like for this result?
which one did you fight?
what server were you on?

I heard some people who downed red say one got 2 chests, and another got 6, so I dunno

I fought the green one

I was on an overflow

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

My overflow killed blue and got red and green down to 30%. I got no loot from fighting green, but I think the people who beat blue did get loot, so it’s back to the zerg with me. When I got back into my home servery they apparently got green and red with no blue.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Posted by: Hebee.8460

Hebee.8460

TC main failed cause blue went insta heal to full at 5-10%.
Red & green died though.
I got 6 gear champ boxes and a Static core

Darkly.8926

On FA main we killed green, got red and blue to about 5%, then in the last few seconds blue HEALED back to 75% health. I’m calling this fix a massive failure. The only people that got any kind of reward were some people at green who got some deluxe boxes. The rest of us got nothing except the chance to wait another 40 mins to try again. The 50/50/50 is a nice idea but I really don’t think it was necessary.

All we wanted for the fix was to get drops from the knights, or a reward for the event. But no, now they go and make the event harder with no visible increase in rewards.

Great job.

Our blue one also healed to full at about 70%. I think that’s probably a bug.

I like the difficulty increase actually. Too much GW2 content is just a cake walk

Posted by: Ivannasmash.7301

Ivannasmash.7301

I actually preferred the old method of the fight. With the 50 cap its going to be really tuff having a sold group to nuke them properly. If they just get rid of the shield mechanic then I believe it will be totally doable. But until then its going to be ragging servers minus the few that get content like this down.

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

Bad update, the HP wasn’t changed to compensate and blue can still heal to full.

You guys still have some work to do.

Magumer Ranger

Ohoni.6057

Guess we’ll see how well this goes in prime time. Right now, it was pretty awful.

I don’t care how it goes at prime time, now is when I play, if it doesn’t go now, it doesn’t go.

done by now.”

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Sad part is that it’s still primetime on my server and we failed this hard. :/

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: FANY.6524

FANY.6524

They heal when the menders get to them. (Not sure if that’s your problem, but it was the problem on our server. After we pointed it out, they stopped being able to heal.)

Ashe Walker
Prescribed [Rx]

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

My overflow was managing a decent run at them. Got all of them going down steadily, then at about 50%, Blue jumped back up to full.

We still managed to get Red and Green killed. Once the event ended in failure, I received a chest containing 6 champ boxes. Other people reported getting 1-2 cores of different types. (Not sure if Blue’s cores were there).

All in all, feels like a huge nerf to the loot.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Clisna.3041

Clisna.3041

Just tell me how to do 6 mins achievement…

Posted by: Laserhog.5049

Laserhog.5049

Great job.

Our blue one also healed to full at about 70%. I think that’s probably a bug.

I like the difficulty increase actually. Too much GW2 content is just a cake walk

The blue heal is most likely due to the Menders that float around the area.

And, while I agree that difficult content is nice, I don’t think that gating living story content behind this kind of thing is a smart move. Permanent content, fine. But not temporary content, especially when the only reward from these knights is components towards a colored back-piece.

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

6 min achievement is officially impossible.

Also, way to fix the loot, but make the event impossible, waaaaaaay to go. /slowclap

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

The problem is the developers are saying split up, while the rewards are saying just go to which ever knight will be downed first. If you are part of the fighting that doesn’t kill your knight you are screwed out of any loot at all.

In my opinion it would have been much better to reward bags map wide and scale the reward based on how many knights managed to go down. That way people are more likely to split up and not get screwed for it.

Come on now, this is easy stuff. How many content releases have we had, and we still can’t figure this stuff out?

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

In my opinion it would have been much better to reward bags map wide and scale the reward based on how many knights managed to go down. That way people are more likely to split up and not get screwed for it.

Then you’d just get leechers, like all those people in the Escape Lions Arch rescue event.

All they had to do was keep the event the same, but just DROP LOOT. It’s amazing how they can create so many problems that were easily avoidable.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Posted by: StealthTv.4076

StealthTv.4076

TTS just killed all 3 in under 3 minutes, but no one got the achievement.

Clisna.3041

of course, because they haven’t fix the achievement bug…

Ohoni.6057

The overflow I was on the second run after the patch managed it, but I was on green and we only killed it like half a second before the timer, and I don’t think red was any better (hard to tell since the health sidebars were bugged out).

I still do not enjoy the new versions relative to the ones on Tuesday night. It’s no fun to just ping away at these guys for fifteen minutes dealing very little damage. We didn’t even get close to dealing respectable damage until Blue died and people flooded over from it.

done by now.”

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

How are you supposed to do the 6 minute achievement when you’re doing 1/4 of your normal damage vs them.. and that’s WITH the attunement?

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Zephouria.7102

Zephouria.7102

I haven’t even logged in to try the new version, and I’m horrified by this. If you run to a knight that’s already full, chances are by the time you’d make it to another knight, it’ll be dead or almost dead, and that’s if it’s not full, too. Anet should have just made it so if you helped kill a knight, you got credit/drops for it. This new change has zapped all the fun out of it, and definitely goes against the ‘play the way you like to’. And it’s just going to reward campers, while giving casual players the short end of the stick.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

I haven’t even logged in to try the new version, and I’m horrified by this. If you run to a knight that’s already full, chances are by the time you’d make it to another knight, it’ll be dead or almost dead, and that’s if it’s not full, too. Anet should have just made it so if you helped kill a knight, you got credit/drops for it. This new change has zapped all the fun out of it, and definitely goes against the ‘play the way you like to’. And it’s just going to reward campers, while giving casual players the short end of the stick.

Don’t worry about them being dead.. now you do 0 damage to them without the buff and about half your normal damage when attuned. Before you did like 2x normal damage while attuned, so they died VERY quick if group was on the ball. Now they die really slow even with people all using the attunement and using might.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Mr Bimble.2764

Mr Bimble.2764

Jumping from dot to dot was bad enough with no reward.Was through to the final part last night.But it was so time consuming getting 3 colours together to deal damage that little damage was done in the end. 25% with under a minute to go. Now we have to count people at the knights to ensure damage.This is a joke isn’kitten What a kitten up.After three days of getting nowhere,“waste of my playtime”its time to forget it and go back to champ trains.I kill kitten and get a nice little loot drop for doing it.

Clisna.3041

I really want to know that how TTS can kill them in 3 mins…
Maybe…using some bug we don’t know?
I think it’s impossible for this patch…

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Great job.

We are all seeing the same things in different areas…

The Knights are not “scaling” or they aren’t scaling properly to the actual number of participants.

The AFK problem is still here – and now it’s much worse with buffed Knights/Scarlet who can’t be conditioned and split forces.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security