This..

This..

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Crimsonjr.4708

Crimsonjr.4708

If I could give everyone one of A-net a hug, I could

Scarlet has activated additional defenses on the Breachmaker during the Prime Hologram encounter. Thirty seconds into the battle, lasers will target the areas near the entrance portal and the elevator leading to the Breachmaker’s interior. Being hit by these attacks will count against the “No More Tricks, Scarlet” achievement.

This made my day. You are forgiven for any bugs or past deeds. I love you all :’)

Mázai – Guardian
Legendary Jr – Engineer
Member of Cube on Piken

This..

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Its too late. Most people who care already got their achievements done.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

This..

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Too little too late. Everyone that did it got the achievement others trying the hard way now can’t even get up to her to try =/

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

This..

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

A positive change, even if people have gotten the achievements. It shows that they have both 1) recognized the leeching of rewards and achievements and 2) care to do something about it.

Thanks ArenaNet. Putting more cash into gems in 3…2…1…

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

This..

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

I finally got into the Scarlet instance this evening – almost impossible now! – and wondered where the mob in the doorway had gotten to. I’m sort of sorry that I missed them getting blasted. Hmmm…maybe I should have gone for the devil horns instead of the halo.

This..

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

It’s good that they are actively taking steps to discourage leeching, but I can’t help but think about the times I got hit by laser attacks right as I loaded into that fight. I usually don’t have long load times, and that was going into the portal very soon, along side may others. It was just really bad luck, but it’s rather discouraging to have an achievement ruined before you even get started. Those incidents alone were enough to make me not want to even attempt the achievement.

For someone that does tend to have longer load times, this change could mean a guaranteed strike at the load-in area instead of just a chance of that happening. I think this new attack should be delayed a bit longer, and repeat a few times throughout the fight. It would accomplish the same goal, with reduced chance of failing the achievement for someone that wasn’t even leeching.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

This..

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

The event has been changed now from what I saw on the breach maker – the fight up there is delayed so you have a couple of mins from the death of the last knight till the hologram event starts. There is even a cutscene at the start (which I guess no one saw before the patch). Should be ample time for you to load in. We even had food trays set out :-)

This..

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

Food trays set out by players, I should add. You have enough time to buff yourself etc.

This..

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

The event has been changed now from what I saw on the breach maker – the fight up there is delayed so you have a couple of mins from the death of the last knight till the hologram event starts. There is even a cutscene at the start (which I guess no one saw before the patch). Should be ample time for you to load in. We even had food trays set out :-)

Ah, well that’s good to know. Nice to see they’ve improved the start, other than just the added attack.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

This..

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

It’s a good improvement. It’s just a pity that it’s so difficult to get into the hologram fight now…

This..

Posted by: Crimsonjr.4708

Crimsonjr.4708

I was happy when people went into the fight not knowing what was happening. They lost the chance within the minute

Mázai – Guardian
Legendary Jr – Engineer
Member of Cube on Piken

This..

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

The cutscene and waiting period after porting up always existed, it’s just that it lasts 5 minutes after the first knight dies. When people fought them in sequence it almost always took longer than that to kill the second two.