Three favorite things about LS Season1

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Gatvin.6510

Gatvin.6510

Lists are great! This thread is for things you liked about the first round of living story. In no particular order.

1. Fun plot – Overall, the plot was a fun trip around the world, and better than many games I’ve played. Cut scenes were nice, and a clear effort was made to keep people who missed pieces connected to the story. Characters grew and changed over time. Not bad!

2. Worldwide events – The events had a great scale to them that demanded attention the world over, pushing people to different corners and highlighting different zones to drive exploration. You really got the feeling the world was under attack.

3. Quick Updates – For the most part, responses to problems with a fight were addressed in a timely fashion with some forum communication and patches. I hope such communications continue even outside living world.

Thanks ANet!

Posted by: wookiee.4631

wookiee.4631

Get your positive sentiments out of here! This is a place to complain with as much hyperbole as possible!

I kid. :P The joke was obvious.

1. Speed of Releases. A lot of people hated the 2 week release candence and seemed to make the assumption all content was made in only 2 weeks (which wasn’t the case. It was 4 months or more), but I loved it. Kept me busy and in the game. All season long there was something to look forward to.

2. Variety. Every couple of releases brought something different for the most part. I don’t think I ever knew exactly what to expect before a patch was announced. They didn’t quite follow any set pattern.

3. The Impact. I like that season one’s over, and not just because I thought it was kind of meh. I legitimately enjoy going back to all the areas where stories took place and reflecting on everything that’s happened. There aren’t that many places left behind, but some. I hope season 2 leaves more stuff behind as reminders. Going back to areas like the Nolan Hatchery and finding the marionette’s deactivated body in Lornar’s Pass were really nice reminders of everything that’s happened.

BTW, and because it always bugs me, shouldn’t this be in Living World forum?

Guild: Northern Wolf Clan [WOLF]

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

1. Marionette: Really, I loved that event even though my world sucked at it.

2. Scarlet turned out to be a better thought out nemesis than it originally appeared. Even though we still don’t know her full motivation we have enough clues to guess.

3. Persistance of changes. This actually turned out to be not quite as good as I hoped as the only thing the players actually decided was who the new member of the captain’s council would be, but it’s good to see lingering effects of the story, such as the Marionette and the ruined tower.

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

1. Scarlet’s death
2. Taimi
3. It is over

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

No more Zhaitan!

NO MORE ZHAITAN!

NO MORE ZHAITAN!

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

1. Marionette Battle.
2. Lots of achieves to do. In the absence of quests at level 80 I do the Achievements.
3. Escape from Lyons Arch and the Knight Battle and Killing Scarlet I will put in as one because really it was one big party.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

1. Something new to do every two weeks.

2. I loved the Marionette.

3. Trahearne was nowhere to be found. Maybe we’ll be rid of him for a while.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

1. The Marionette battle. I loved this and I hope to see similar mechanics being used in the future.

2. Something new to look forward to every two weeks. I’m glad I don’t have to wait a year for something completely new to happen in the game.

3. Inside the tower of Nightmares. I don’t know why exactly but I just loved this map. It was not very good to do alone most of the time (especially the third floor) but if you got a group together, it could be great fun.

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

1. New stuff every 2 weeks.
2. Marionette battle.
3. Cast of characters I enjoy, and want to see more of. Getting to know them through idle dialogue and things in game, not just short stories was nice.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Aliatis.7836

Aliatis.7836

1. Marionette battle (best boss mehcanic and concept in GW2).

2. Dialogues and scenes with NPCs (loved those in Dead End Bar and in LA when you first meet Taimi).

3. New things to do every 2 weeks AND new hairstyles/faces the NPCs came along.

Desolation – still [GoD] in the spirit

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

1) Getting excited each Tuesday for an update or preview
2) The Molten Facility dungeon
3) The Marionette