Ultimate Citizen’s Rescue Bag

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Onza.7165

Onza.7165

“Destroy Scarlet’s defenses on the Breachmaker to free Lion’s Arch and win a chance at rich rewards like the Molten Jetpack, Monocle, Air-Filtration Device, Scarlet’s Kiss, and Scarlet’s Rainbow, and more! In addition to all those rare and exclusive skins, the Ultimate Citizen’s Rescue Bag also has a rare chance to reward other items from past releases.”

I was just wondering, does the Ultimate Citizen’s Rescue Bag also contain the Gas Mask skin? Can anybody confirm they’ve got one?

Thanks!

More violence, less violets.

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

“a chance at” – I do not think it means what they think it means.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Ommission in the description! They left out “Not a” in the sentence.

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

I was just wondering, does the Ultimate Citizen’s Rescue Bag also contain the Gas Mask skin? Can anybody confirm they’ve got one?

The wiki lists the Gas Mask as an available drop. I’ve gotten the Air-Filtration Device so I know some stuff like that does show up.

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I opened a lot of those. Most unique item I found was a green recipe for spicy mushrooms. Not really worth the headache all the flashing lights cause me.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

All I’ve ever gotten is a few shards and a lot of garbage.

Posted by: crystalpink.2487

crystalpink.2487

I got better stuffs from alliance bags than from ultimate citizen’s rescue bags lol

Euphemia Hime (Elementalist), Pinky Pearl (Mesmer), Avicenia (Ranger), Vanille Morgana (Necromancer)
Chibi Asura San (Engineer), Hikaru Masai (Guardian), Selene Minerva (Revenant)
Guild: The Bunnies [Bun] ~ Server: Jade Quarry

Posted by: Marcus Greythorne.6843

Marcus Greythorne.6843

My personal experience with loot drops in GW2: it isn’t exciting for me any more. I don’t play the game a whole day, playing the game for 2 hours a day gives me 2 rolls on the ultimate bag. I guess my chances for these rare items are below zero.

Trying to be constructive:
Add more non-generic stuff (not crafting mats, shards, bags etc.) to the loot table. You have stuff that drops all the time and stuff that drops for 1 person in 100… rarely. Why not include things in between?

Things with a 10-20% chance per try. Things where not every average player get’s lucky, but having an actually realistic chance to get something you want to have.

examples:

• a new unique mask like the one’s in the gem-store
  • a black lion key
  • a platinum coin (worth 5g)
  • a part of the ultra-rare item – non-tradeable – combine 10 of those to get the rare one.

you could also add more “very rare” drops like the ones we currently have

• rare/exotic minis from the 2-set
  • a makeover kit
  • a bag of gems (50-150 gems)
  • an instrument
http://gw2style.com/index.php – show your look and rate others – great filters!!

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

I like your suggestion Marcus. Currently I seem to get better loot from the 6 champ bags than from the boss fight reward.

Posted by: SoulCrystal.2186

SoulCrystal.2186

Rather laughable huh? They dangle the thought of impressive loot rewards in front of our noses with a write up like this, trying to entice people to come back to play the content again, but the chances of getting these rewards are so terribly low that it ultimately just upsets the player base more than anything.

Then consider the fact that they have an entire Magic Find system in place to increase player rewards, except that they pretty much invalidate it by constantly putting special rewards in containers and UI pop-up chests that are completely unaffected by Magic Find anyway.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Magic Find is a cleverly disguised grind/gold sink. It’s only beneficial to players with a certain playstyle (farmers, or those who kill a lot of enemies). It is of minimal use to people who farm World Bosses or speedrun dungeons, which is how a lot of PvE players acquire their gold.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Again, the solution would have been: tokens.
Anet want people to play. The more you play, the more you get tokens and the less people get frustrated by crappy loots.

If you want to give the items some kind of rarity, just make it so people really have to be careful what they choose to exchange them for. make it so that nobody could humanely buy all of the items.

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

but the chances of getting these rewards are so terribly low that it ultimately just upsets the player base more than anything.

This, I played the knights to get my cores. I never saw the point of the holos, don’t get anything good. And it’s just frustrating to play it again. Without something like an increase in chance to get something good.

That holo fight is horrible too, all that flashing, it’s lengthy(especiaaly if you don’t kill the 3 holos at the same time). It’s annoying, and better off spending the time farming for gold and buying one of those items from the TP ……………………………. which is not how I want to play a game. \=

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

Again, the solution would have been: tokens.
Anet want people to play. The more you play, the more you get tokens and the less people get frustrated by crappy loots.

If you want to give the items some kind of rarity, just make it so people really have to be careful what they choose to exchange them for. make it so that nobody could humanely buy all of the items.

Easy for that, you can only exchange tokens for one of the unique items once. But allow tokens to have a second merchant for crafting items or something.
don’t have the tokens for the unique item, crazy high, expecting people to play 4 or 5 hours a day. The once chance choice would be fair and it would still be unique.

Posted by: Pipra.7580

Pipra.7580

That holo fight is horrible too, all that flashing, it’s lengthy(especiaaly if you don’t kill the 3 holos at the same time). It’s annoying, and better off spending the time farming for gold and buying one of those items from the TP ……………………………. which is not how I want to play a game. \=

The holo fight was terrifically epic and fun…the first time I beat it. I refuse to farm it now. It’s too long and the chance at getting anything worthwhile are far too low.

Farming Alliance Supply Bags is a better way to go. You’re much more likely to at least get some dragonite and rare/exotic drops from them for the same time investment as the holo.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

The holo fight was terrifically epic and fun…the first time I beat it. I refuse to farm it now. It’s too long and the chance at getting anything worthwhile are far too low.

Farming Alliance Supply Bags is a better way to go. You’re much more likely to at least get some dragonite and rare/exotic drops from them for the same time investment as the holo.

It’s the same as with the “rescue” event.

The Ultimate bag was never an amazing incentive.

Alliance Supply Bags are more plentiful and mostly guaranteed. (I got two Endless Quaggan tonics out of them… One Mystery, one Pink) And silk is already going back up in price.

I also like the supply bags for the luck… I was at like 35% MF before the past two releases, now 85%.

Also, if you fail Scarlet… No rewards for that 30 minutes of time wasted. (That could have been spent farming bags.)

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Same here. Killed those holos and never once gotten anything decent from the special bags. I get better rewards from the Knight boxes, though not by much. For such a long fight, especially if you count the lead up Knight fight, I’d have expected a better reward for defeating holos. It’s really 45 mins of time invested. And for a handful of greens and a rare. Yippee……

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I doubt the bag has the gas mask, because the gas mask was an Meta-Achieve reward and not a random drop during the Tower of Nightmares.

Everything found in the bag that I’ve seen is random drops. Jetpack, monacle, recipe sheets, coffers, ect. Its all stuff you could get via drops, none if it is a meta-award.

Posted by: Drew Blood.1586

Drew Blood.1586

This is the reward for getting the meta achievement, correct? I was really disappointed in it. I received a green weapon and a rare map plus I think a 200 point luck, which is pretty insignificant when you are already 85% magic find.

I thought it was a really disappointing reward.

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

The ultimate bag is the one you get in the chest after you defeat the holograms on the breach maker.

sigh I’ve not even been able to defeat the holos the last 3 times that I got up there because there were just too few people. Also, many of the ones who did take part seemed to be doing it for the first time and didn’t seem to know what was happening for a large part of the fight.

It’s a shame that there aren’t any rewards for beating at least some of the hologram phases. For example, a bonus chest if you only manage to get past the first giant holo with one level dependent item. You could get a chest with a couple of items and maybe some dragonite ore if you get past the three colour holos stage. At least it wouldn’t just be a wasted half hour if you fail the overall event.

Posted by: KyreneZA.8617

KyreneZA.8617

ArenaNet’s idea to “win a chance at rich rewards” is hidden behind a successful 6-10 minute knight fight, then a successful 20-30 minute holo fight, then some miniscule chance of getting anything worthwhile from the ridiculous drop tables. As long as they carry on in this way, the player base will be turned off by any new content each time. The virtual sparkly just isn’t worth the effort for most of us skritt.

Recently returned to…
Aurora Glade some random MegaServer™, always being asked to volunteer for that buff…
Ranger | Necromancer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief

Posted by: Cotheer.2806

Cotheer.2806

ANetRNG™: “We guarantee lower to no chance”

Posted by: Cyanchiv.2583

Cyanchiv.2583

I got a recipe that was worth a little bit over 4 gold, and another recipe that was a little less than 1 gold, but that was it for the unique loot for me, but I haven’t had the chance to do the event as much as I wanted to.

Posted by: Vincent.7452

Vincent.7452

I thought I would never get anything good from her either but today I got a Scarlet’s Kiss. I probably beat her over 70 times by now though.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I got a recipe that was worth a little bit over 4 gold, and another recipe that was a little less than 1 gold, but that was it for the unique loot for me, but I haven’t had the chance to do the event as much as I wanted to.

Better than me. The only things I’ve gotten from the ultimate bag are 3 recipes worth about 70s, about 10s, and about 3s.

The other day I saw someone complaining that he “only” got a monacle. I really hope he was joking.