Under Lion's Arch

Under Lion's Arch

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Sulist.2408

Sulist.2408

This may or may not have been covered (over, and over.) but it’s interesting that the Living Story has moved in this direction. Several months ago I was curious what I was missing from not playing the first Guild Wars. I knew there were so many references and I really wanted to catch up on the lore, the locations and the general nostalgia others must have been feeling. Making way to Lion’s Arch was exciting, but even more so when I explored the strange crevice that had formed near LA. This took me underground, and Below Lion’s Arch. Strange, ancient architecture was housed, though I got very little time to sightsee due to sudden risk in imminent demise. I wondered if when the great tsunami washed over the original LA, if the places that lurked below would be submerged as well. While the area in GW1 was little more than a segue to the Eye of the North, I am hoping more of its ancient mysteries are revealed.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Beneath_Lion%27s_Arch

Under Lion's Arch

Posted by: Naevius.3185

Naevius.3185

The Depths were not ‘under Lion’s Arch’, exactly – you could also enter them from Cantha and Elona. So they covered all of Tyria, presumably.

Under Lion's Arch

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

The Depths were not ‘under Lion’s Arch’, exactly – you could also enter them from Cantha and Elona. So they covered all of Tyria, presumably.

Those depths in Cantha and Elona weren’t really canon. They were only placed there for people who only had Nightfall/Factions campaigns and not the original Prophecies – and needed access to the Eye of the North areas. The real story is that it was beneath Lion’s Arch.

Under Lion's Arch

Posted by: Shadeofgrey.3065

Shadeofgrey.3065

Squeee! My first thought when this whole plot line began was that the dragon was going to be Mordremoth, but now that we have Attack on Lion’s Arch and the OP has reminded me of how much fun I had that one time, running from destroyers in ancient dwarven ruins, it seems that the dragon is going to be Primordus.

Under Lion's Arch

Posted by: Roybe.5896

Roybe.5896