Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

Did you guys mean to only put a laurel vendor on the airship, where I have to pay to access it?

Can you, you know, maybe put it down in Vigil Keep where it belongs?

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Did you guys mean to only put a laurel vendor on the airship, where I have to pay to access it?

Can you, you know, maybe put it down in Vigil Keep where it belongs?

You don’t have to pay to go to your WvW BL, and get it from there.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

WvW has always got queues… i’d rather just go to some other big town like hoelbrak or whatever

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

ChaosKirin.1328

I don’t play WvW, and it would be very selfish of me to take up space by going to my WvW just to craft/go to the laurel vendor/use the Mystic Toilet.

While I wasn’t really terribly concerned with the change at first, I’m starting to really realize the impact it has. Lion’s Arch is central to everything. Asura gates for one – plus, Vigil Keep is right in the middle of the event, so of course people are going to go there.

Taking crafting and the laurel vendor out of Vigil Keep is confusing. The only reason I can see for them to have done it is that hopefully people will sigh, roll their eyes, and buy a pass to the airship.

I mean, when they put the Royal Terrace in Divinity’s reach, they didn’t remove the crafting and Laurel vendor. Was it such a failure that they had to push it down the throats of people who frequent Lion’s Arch, too?

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: Immortal.3647

Immortal.3647

you can go to any town for crafting… try ebonhawke, its best imo.

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Or go to EotM. Press “B”, and click to enter on any map you’re on.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

ChaosKirin.1328

Quoting myself:

“While I wasn’t really terribly concerned with the change at first, I’m starting to really realize the impact it has. Lion’s Arch is central to everything. Asura gates for one – plus, Vigil Keep is right in the middle of the event, so of course people are going to go there.”

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Thanks Chaos for your consideration.
Advise players to go to WvW for crafting station/laurel vendor and taking up space of those doing WvW is just … (self infracted).

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: Rosy.5194

Rosy.5194

The laurel vendor in WvW doesn’t have the same stuff that the one in LA has/had. No fancy cat!

Rosy Dawn – [CNB]

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Go to another city? It’s literally a single mouse click away?

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: Minka.9273

Minka.9273

Yes, all of the capital cities have laurel vendors. I went to DR for my daily yesterday — although it is strange that they omitted one from the Vigil Keep.

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

The city portals are all in Vigil keep so it’s not too inconvenient to get to a laurel vendor if you don’t want to pay or enter WvW. I’ve found that the trip inspired me to visit my poor, neglected home instance to harvest the stuff I’d unlocked for it, too.

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Is everyone’s server so empty that they can just willy nilly go to WvW for these things?

It would take me 2+ hours to get to WvW to craft or use a laurel vendor…

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

It depends on the time of day. As an Australian playing on a US servers, there’s never any queues when I play during my night times.

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: Rangersix.1754

Rangersix.1754

Is everyone’s server so empty that they can just willy nilly go to WvW for these things?

Good news! Going to Divinity’s Reach only literally takes a single mouse click!

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: zoombi.1498

zoombi.1498

that’s what you get for playing on a stacked server.

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

ChaosKirin.1328

I really don’t want to repeat myself again, so I’ll paraphrase.

Do any of you know why people like to go to Lion’s Arch? A lot of people like the social aspect of the game.

ANet knows this.

People went to Lion’s Arch to talk to other people.

By removing crafting and laurels from Vigil Keep, ANet has essentially said "Hey, we don’t care that you guys like to go to a single place to talk. Spread out all over the game instead… Or buy our convenient pass and make a new hub there!

The same people often meet to talk in LA/Vigil Keep at the same time to chat.

These same people will now likely go to Divinity’s Reach OR Rata Sum OR Ebonhawke OR other starter cities instead of Vigil Keep.

ANet has purposely broken up that social aspect, which was important to people.

You are all missing the point.

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

Gendarran Hills is pretty crowded with people just chatting on my server, but I agree that it’s not really a substitute for LA. I got a pass to the ship as loot on the first day, but it doesn’t seem like much of a meeting place either.

I don’t think this assault will last for long. Hopefully Lion’s Arch will be rebuilt soon enough. I’m sure I still have some of the aid packages from last year when it got damaged. Maybe I’ll finally be able to use them again.

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I’m among those who don’t really want LA rebuilt, but I do think omitting the Laurel Vendor was a bit of an oversight. ESPECIALLY when the “pay to access” laurel vendor is on the map right above the keep. I have no issue with the airship as a gem store convenience item, but making the game less convenient in the very same patch and then advertising the airship on the map is a bit shady looking.

I actually think this was an oversight though, or else a deliberate attempt to get people to go to home cities. I don’t think ANet would expect people to just say “Oh well, it used to be free and convenient, but now I’ll just pay for what I had before”, rather than come and complain about it.

Vigil Keep Laurel vendor

Posted by: Cyprien.4208

Cyprien.4208

People go to lion arch not because it’s social they go because it’s simple and convenient. You was able to get there without having to pay anything by using spvp or wvw. Sadly much like you are now with Vigil Keep which will cause it to become a temp lions arch even if there towns of other cities which could do this.

By not adding any laurel shop it doesn’t effect how the temporary refuge could or can be social. The convenient pass to air ship isn’t going to be any more social then Queen’s Royal Terrace which is the same thing pretty much. Keep in mind your able to do everything inside them for free without paying any gems by going to any city.

I for one do hope they Spread out all over the game instead because all other places have become less of a home to people. Anet never took away anything which can make people be social you can do that anywhere you want to do.