What Would Your Character Have Said to Jory?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

So, a lot of your aren’t satisfied with the conversation options given when Jory asks how your character felt to deal the killing blow to Scarlet. And honestly I have to agree. So in this thread we share what our characters would have really said when Jory asked:

“How did it feel to stomp the evil snot out of Scarlet?”

My human female elementalist that I typically do LS content with would have replied:

“Like putting down a mad dog. I’m just glad this is over so I can get back to my research at the Durmand Priory.”

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

My sylvari Mesmer would have answered:

“I didnt feel joy from it. She took the wrong path. Her death was inevitable, but, deep inside, im still cursing myself for failing to save Ceara from Scarlet.”

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

My human Guardian replies (in Optimus Prime style voice):
“I take little joy in ending someone’s life.
Especially one whose life was robbed by whatever malicious force that absorbed Ceara. What matters is Tyria will now be safe. We must rebuild, mend wounds, and restore households.”

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

(edited by Atlas.9704)

Posted by: Brizna.5612

Brizna.5612

“5 AP more, YAY!”

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

“I peed.”

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: bullyrook.2165

bullyrook.2165

“Unfulfilling. She caused so much carnage, and we might have stopped her sooner. By the way, why are we all in this bar celebrating like we did a good job? We failed and thousands of civilians died because of our incompetence! We should be out cleaning up her mess, not raking up a tab in this sleazy pub!!!”

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

It’s funny that some people didn’t like killing her because they don’t like killing someone. This is an mmo, the entire economy is build on killing people/monsters…

Back on topic:
“Perhaps now we can finally fight real enemies instead of this circus madhouse that is Scarlet.”

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

It’s funny that some people didn’t like killing her because they don’t like killing someone. This is an mmo, the entire economy is build on killing people/monsters…

A character’s PoV is different from a gamer’s PoV sometimes.
My character doesn’t enjoy killing, but personally I’d respond with “Now get me some villains worth something.”

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Death.9268

Death.9268

My Sylvari Ranger would say:
A waste of my time. In the mean time I could have Kralkatorrik as a pet, and killed the other dragons…

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

“Scarlet who? I didn’t kill anyone. You must have mistaken me for someone else.”

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

My Norn Warrior would have said:
“Like sticking a fork in a waterlogged bale of hay. Seems wrong somehow, as if it weren’t really her…”

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

“Yap, yap, yap. Kiss Kasmeer some more. Let no tongue go unturned!”

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

“It didnt feel like anything. No time for feelings. There was more to worry about at the time, and there still is.”

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Human female engineer:

“No time to cry! Only time to die! MO’ DAKKA!”

Posted by: Frightlight.3796

Frightlight.3796

“I didn’t kill her I let her escape” I wish I had scarlets technology on my engi..
Or “Eat grenade stupid”

Posted by: Keyce.8137

Keyce.8137

Human thief:
“Is anyone curious as to WHY she did all this? ANYONE?!”

Guardian:
“That was… rather preemptive of you and Braham, Marjory. An explanation would have been helpful, even if she lied to us. The people have questions, and we need to give them answers.”

Warrior:
“…I am so finally freaking tired of the crazy treeple and the green snakes and their Six-danged SPORES!”

Ranger:
“Well… that was no fun. SO WHO WANTS TO EXPLORE LION’S ARCH NOW THAT IT’S ALL OVER?! First to find a new secret passage gets their next meal on me! …Aaaaaand now I’m hungry. Buh. Time for a snack!”

Posted by: ShibVicious.9681

ShibVicious.9681

“(incomprehensible gargling)” – because I didn’t expect to eat a face full of grenade when I leroy’d at her thinking Jory was dead

Posted by: SlaYer.2138

SlaYer.2138

I’d prefer dividing 3 choices into agreeing, neutral, and disagreeing with killing Scarlet, instead of like, like, and like slaying her with different sayings.

1. The taste of victory is never too sweet. (Approve)
2. She’s gone now, and that’s all that matters. (Neutral)
3. We should have questioned her first before killing her! (Disapprove)

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

“You know Jory, it felt really warm when I put on her gloves. For a limited time, you can get your own pair from the gem store for only 400 gems! Hurry before they’re gone Jory!”

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

i suppose if my character were to say anything

“we’re just lucky to be alive

Attachments:

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: darkfiremew.5937

darkfiremew.5937

My proud asura thief:" An empty victory, after all this I want to quote a famous asura:“I don’t know how many victories like this I can take”."
My loveable charr engineer: "Let’s hope for a better future, hugs and kisses for everyone! Laughs loudly to mask his tears "
My lovable sylvari mesmer: "I hope Ceara is at peace in the dream, because we have saved her and countless lives from Scarlet. Let us hug in a group and have a minute of silence for those that have been lost in this madness, and then rejoicethe rest o the night for those that are alive. "
My new norn guardian: “Sup guys, what did I miss?”

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

My lovable sylvari mesmer: "I hope Ceara is at peace in the dream, because we have saved her and countless lives from Scarlet. Let us hug in a group and have a minute of silence for those that have been lost in this madness, and then rejoicethe rest o the night for those that are alive. "

Freed her, at best. Not saved. She is dead, after all. Its like saving someone from the cancer by killing that person

Posted by: Shadeofgrey.3065

Shadeofgrey.3065

I only played it out on my main but I was satisfied with the choice about the kiss. My female sylvari thief might have said it in different words but I feel like she would have deflected the question by changing the subject to the kiss.

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

“Ez rares ez life”

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: Twyll Blackleaf.9641

Twyll Blackleaf.9641

“Even better than it felt to blow up her lab.” (I have screenshots of my character using the Thief shortbow #2 all over her secret lab— after carefully copying and/or stealing her notes, of course, because evidence.) “But it will never make up for what she did to poor Trader Jikk.” Then she would probably just start mumbling about whether she’s not even sure any more if Trader Jikk actually ever existed, or if she exists, or if anyone else exists, or if two of each of them exists and she somehow ended up on the wrong side of her brother’s Infinity Ball experiment.

Poor Twyll is seriously beginning to doubt her own sanity after a Sylvari apparently graduated her own alma mater without her hearing about it until said Sylvari attacked the Human capital, and then later pulled a massive drill out of apparently nowhere, and everyone’s calling her a genius instead of an anomaly in the space-time continuum— so all she can think is, “what if I’M the anomaly in the space-time continuum?”

Posted by: Sororita.3465

Sororita.3465

My character would have stomped jory instead of scarlet…

Commander Starlight Honeybuns[BUNS]
Timelord to Lillium Honeybuns, IoJ
Forever together, or not at all.

Posted by: bokkieskitten.8023

bokkieskitten.8023

Oooh, goodie! Lets see…

After Jory’s babbling….

Lillium glanced up at her beloved wife, Starlight, as she considered the other necro’s question. Slowly an annoyed expression crept across her visage before snapping her gaze back to Jory as she snipped, “I would have much rather sent you to Grenth, you uncouth, sad excuse of a necro. Nearly as bad as Trahearne. At least Scarlet entertained me.” Her eyes narrowed slightly as she finished her words.

(Surely the rest of the group looks on, shocked as all get out)

Lillium shifts her weight slightly, still glaring at the woman. “But for the sake of my twin daughters, I am pleased she is gone for their safety, nothing more to be honest.” She muttered, leaning into Starlight’s side softly, trying to gently lead her beloved towards the bar door. “And perhaps, next time, you and Kas could be a bit more professional and less air headed.” Lillium added with a faint glower as she and her wife exited the bar.

Her Majesty Lillium Honeybuns, Queen of IoJ[BUNS]
Companion of Starlight Honeybuns.
You stole me, and I stole you.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

“Next time, do your own dirty work! You could have captured her but you went for the kill instantly! In what way were you any better than Scarlet?”

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Oulov.7913

Oulov.7913

My necro would have said: “It is not up to me to judge her, my lord Grenth will. Remain calm instead of fooling around.”

My engi: “I don’t care as long as I can add her technology to my kitten n a l”

My sylvari ele: “…..”

Posted by: Shriibot.4569

Shriibot.4569

Asuran engineer: “Shish-kabob anyone?”

Gate of Madness Server [SC][RH][INK][PsQs]
| Xaija | Tipsqueak | Solena Snow |
—{“Optypical is my George Knightley.”}—

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

my necro: “may grenth judge her path”

my engi: “that’s one bad future prevented, all i need is the dragon and my mission has succeeded.”

Posted by: Kasei.8726

Kasei.8726

Human Guardian
“Pathetic. She had already completed her objective. Nothing to be proud about.”

Human Engineer
“I felt relieved, yet at the same time infuriated since she’s no use to us dead.”

Human Ranger
“Good. She can’t hurt anyone anymore.”

Norn Elementalist
“Disappointed. She hardly put up a fight. There was no glory to be had.”

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

“I just hope we’ve done the right thing.”

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Teleoceras.1298

Teleoceras.1298

“She died too fast. I really wanted to make her suffer.”

29 characters!
League of Omnipotents [Omni], Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Teleoceras.1298)

Posted by: Avaruu.5408

Avaruu.5408

Charr Warrior: “I don’t really care, but I think I’m gonna go … clean some of those drill parts out of Lion’s Arch. Yeah. Clean. For Iron Legion.”

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Obligatory joke reference

Attachments:

Posted by: Zakk.2468

Zakk.2468

Asura Guard: All that knowledge… lost. I agree with Taimi in that she could have taught us much. If only she was on our side instead of trying to kill us. At least we are all safe.

Sylvari Thief: No poison I wield could have damaged Ceara like the poison her mind suffered. I share my sorrow with the Pale Tree. It is never fun in having to kill a sister.

Charr Necro: At least she’s dead and gone. I’m a necromancer. I know what dead is.

-Ambient music stops abruptly with the stopped record noise. A commotion is heard from outside and everyone leaves the tavern to see an audience with a figure on a stage speaking to everyone.-

Attachments:

Any male Asura I make will be named Zakk!
Proud player of Crusader, Arcanist,
Beastmaster, Shadowraider, and Shieldbearer Zakk!

Posted by: zwierz.9012

zwierz.9012

I was curious and made a new character just to go to the meet Braham’s Angels. And yes, the newly made level 2 who haven’t seen ANY of the Living Story was created like an old friend everyone was waiting for.

So for necro “Who the hell are you and what are you trying to sell?”

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

My necromancer would answer:

“My only regret is not being able to redo it every morning.”

Or:

“It was fun, like killing usually is. Pray that you’re not next on my list.”

Or:

“It was simple, but then I imagined she was a mesmer, and it became REALLY easy.”

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

“You need to spend some time in the Mist War, Miss Delacqua, then you’d understand it doesn’t really feel like anything other than the last thing you need to do.”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: The Meat Wagon.7194

The Meat Wagon.7194

“Scissor me timbers”

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Conversation in bar’

‘Well, we found a super villain to stop your hiccups, now to find some to cure your foot odour—-and split ends—-and by the way—want a mint?’.

Posted by: EliteZeon.1698

EliteZeon.1698

My Necromancer somehow managed to live through the events of GW1, die sometime after Winds of Change, then magically managed to come back again for GW2…

“-sigh- She is gone now, The Realm of Torment is definitely not going to be a fun place for her… but in the end she kind of won… I just really hope she doesn’t pull a Shiro Tagachi on us… either way we’ve got a lot of work ahead of us guys. Hell, I’ve got about a month’s worth of funeral rites to do now…” (Approve?)

“I don’t wanna be that guy, but everyone realizes she awoke a KAI SANG DRAGON and destroyed all of Lion’s Arch right? Oh by the way, if anyone sees Trahearne, tell him his Commander said, “I KAI SANG TOLD YOU SO!” Now someone get me a drink, my throat is dry… I don’t know whats with these new Necromancers nowadays."(Buzzkill/Disapprove)

“Eh… my minions and the spirits of my old companions got to her in the end… I merely gave them the word. Speaking of, I could use some companionship with my wife right about now…
What’s that look for guys?
What was that Braham?
Oh yea, sure everyone I knew is dead… has been for more than two centuries.
Oh… OH! Guys she’s not a corpse… or ghost by the way. Well, but she was dead at one point…
How long you ask? Err, for about 200 years… same technique I used to… you know what, I… I’ll just stop talking now, get me a drink.” (TMI/Neutral)

(edited by EliteZeon.1698)

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Only stomped her on 4 characters. With that said, the replies probably would’ve gone a little more like…

Human Thief: (in my Batman C. Bale voice) “I’m Batman!”. “This is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object”.

(in my Bane T. Hardy voice) “LA is in ashes, she had my permission to die…that is an indescribable feeling of joy/justice/revenge and retribution. Was my pleasure needless to say.”

Charr War: “Well, it was clobbering time…felt good to punch her clock!” “I could’ve done this a long time ago if Evon had won the election, grrrrrrrrr!”.

Norn Ranger: (In my Matthew McConaughey chest thump mode) “Hmmm hmm, I stomped her good Hmmmm hmm, like you knew I could, Hmmmmmm hmmm, the salad tree, hmmmm hmmm , stomped by me……hmmmmmm hmm”

“Seriously though, sometimes you have the make the choice others can’t make, the right choice.” “ha, that made me sound all wise and kittens…DRINK!”

“But honestly, did you see her face when I was on the way down?”, “Oh Oh Oh, and that super adventure explosion…lol, that was classic! DRINK!”

Asura ELE: “I don’t actually think Sylvari have snot, silly bookah”, "I will say though that quote on quote “stomping” her was probably the most categorically minimalistic decision I ever had to make, no feeling about it either way."

“I do think that her work produced some very interesting questions of which I’m sure to be tempted into answering, so there is always that.”

Posted by: Seth.1308

Seth.1308

“Can you pass the ranch dressing?”

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Guardian: There was no glory in killing a wounded foe, only misery to be had for the loss of so many lives in Lion’s Arch.
Warrior: I will savor my revenge once every single soul who chose to follow her has been sent to an eternity of torment in the mists!
Mesmer: I wasn’t really there. You’re probably looking for Valderignis or Valder Laminas.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Garah: “I don’t care about Scarlet, she’s dead and gone now. What I care about is nailing that coward Evon’s hide to a wall.”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Bergil.4716

Bergil.4716

“She needed to die, but…it was not a good victory. Killing a helpless woman already bleeding on the floor- that’s not the kind of Charr I am. And Lion’s Arch still burned. But nobody’s such a hero that they never fail, I guess. And if this is to be my one failure- I guess I’ll take it. I’m alive, I’m still me, I technically won, and there’s a new enemy for me to redeem myself against.”

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

“Jory, look what I got. Two greens and a blue. Woot. Let’s do this again in an hour. "

Posted by: M Steel.2574

M Steel.2574

“How did it feel to stomp the evil snot out of Scarlet?”

Duncan Essenia (My Human Guardian) – “I only did what any true son of Tyria would have.”

Bethany Shaemoor (My Human Order of Whisper’s Agent) – “Killing Scarlet was wasteful. If we kept her alive we might have gathered further insight into her master’s motives. Now that she’s dead there’s no telling what comes next.”

Magister Caillech (My Sylvari Necromancer) – "I fear what impact Ceara’s corruption will have on the Dream and the sylvari. "

Captain Vrodd (My Asuran Pirate) – “Meh.”