What realms are getting 1200?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

What realms are still doing and getting 1200 citizens? More specifically what realms are actually doing PvE like these events and tequatl? I run on SoS and they mainly WvW so…

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Seafarer’s Rest EU

Posted by: Matisse.9356

Matisse.9356

Difficult to answer as you don’t specify which region (EU/NA), but for EU:

Elona and Seafarer (as Farzo already said) are the most active in PvE terms.
And then partially Shiverpeaks or Vizunah too.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m almost never in main (Tarnished Coast NA), but I’ve gotten 1200 in many an overflow. Last night we got it just as Magnus called the evac, fun!

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

We just got to 1130 at reset. Disappointing. It was every match before, not sure what’s changing.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’m almost never in main (Tarnished Coast NA), but I’ve gotten 1200 in many an overflow. Last night we got it just as Magnus called the evac, fun!

I wish I had anywhere near the luck of you and it seems so many other people. I always hear people in map chat talking about how almost every overflow they get into hits 1200. I’ve hit it once out of 15+ attempts, and most of them it seems aren’t even trying (most barely hit 900 if that).

Kal Spiro.9745

We just got to 1130 at reset. Disappointing. It was every match before, not sure what’s changing.

And then we got it the one right after with time to spare.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

CoffeeMakesMeSmile.8172

I’m on Aurora Glade (EU) and we’ve made it to 1200 several times.

Also, I’ve not done any research into this but I’ve noticed that the 1200 civilian success rate seems to be higher in the late evening 10 or 11pm GMT. I guess it’s because most people have done their rubble hunting for the day and are more likely to help out with rescues. The worst time is just after midnight when the rubble has reset. That’s based on my own experiences on AG and the overflows. Has anyone else noticed this?

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Deso main every single time I’ve been there.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

I wish I had anywhere near the luck of you and it seems so many other people. I always hear people in map chat talking about how almost every overflow they get into hits 1200. I’ve hit it once out of 15+ attempts, and most of them it seems aren’t even trying (most barely hit 900 if that).

Aim to guest in one of the big servers and get the overflows that come from that. Works for me. Worked for Marionette quite often too.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

TTS usually rotated which one of the low population servers we do our 1200 civs runs on. Although we only really do a run at the end of a bunch of wurm runs.

Retired Leader of TTS

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

Aim to guest in one of the big servers and get the overflows that come from that. Works for me. Worked for Marionette quite often too.

Yep, that’s what I do. These overflows consistently get 1200 for me.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Gandara gets its 1200 done most of the time.

Yep, that’s what I do. These overflows consistently get 1200 for me.

Overflows are not tied to any server – only to specific zone (US or EU). If you are guesting and hitting an overflow, you won’t get into a “big server” overflow – you will end up in the first still not full one. It could have been created by players from anywhere.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Panda Shepard.1248

What I meant was that I guest to actually get into an overflow. My server never makes them. Overflows do better than my main in LS events.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

I haven’t done the event in a couple of days, But I’ve heard that my server (Anvil Rock) has gotten to 1200, (which is actually kind of amazing to me, because the living world related events are normally empty within a day or two of release on that server)

zenleto.6179

What I meant was that I guest to actually get into an overflow. My server never makes them. Overflows do better than my main in LS events.

That’s what I was meaning as well.

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

On TC last night in overflow we hit it twice before I had to log off, I’m seeing many more people trying to save citizens than ever before, not that folks are not zerging but more and more are concentrating on saving people in LA.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’ve done it on FA 10 times or so and we’ve hit 1200 every time. In fact, some days we hit 1300+. I should add the times I’ve run it have been 9pm/10pm/11pm EST. I have not tried it outside of those times.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: callanrocks.4218

callanrocks.4218

SoS got it once, almost got it a few times later and is now stuck under 900

Kal Spiro.9745

Why are you guesting to NOT get into the guested server. Think of a server as a bucket. The people are the water. There is a bunch of buckets all sitting next to each other with another bunch of buckets under them. As the water overflows it spills out randomly from each of the buckets into any assortment of buckets under them. So the Overflow bucket is filled from any number of different servers, irrespective of the one you would have gotten into if it hadn’t been full.

On TC last night in overflow we hit it twice before I had to log off, I’m seeing many more people trying to save citizens than ever before, not that folks are not zerging but more and more are concentrating on saving people in LA.

If you were in an Overflow you weren’t in TC. You were in an Overflow.

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Kal Spiro.9745

I’ve done it on FA 10 times or so and we’ve hit 1200 every time. In fact, some days we hit 1300+. I should add the times I’ve run it have been 9pm/10pm/11pm EST. I have not tried it outside of those times.

In my experience, as well, those have been very good times to run it.

Blanger.3162

Thank you Sir, my home server is TC so I just assumed that the overflow was also there, so in overflow you are on a separate server to just house overflows? I’m not real clear on how that works.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Why are you guesting to NOT get into the guested server.

Because they didn’t want to end up on their server’s main i guess. I haven’t thought about this when they first posted, but it does make sense. Guesting on a high pop server is a good way to trigger overflows after all, and if your server rarely (or never) gets into overflows on LA, then almost any overflow created within first 5 mins of the event will be better.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Kal Spiro.9745

Thank you Sir, my home server is TC so I just assumed that the overflow was also there, so in overflow you are on a separate server to just house overflows? I’m not real clear on how that works.

I tried to explain it in the same post, I don’t think I’ll be able to do a better job. The short answer, if you don’t get into main you get clustered together with everyone else that didn’t get into all of the mains and shunted into a random Overflow server as room allows.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Overflow servers house the spill-over players from many different servers. There are no dedicated overflow servers for each main server. If you’re in an Overflow, you could be playing with players from any number of servers.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

The only time I’ve seen 1200 is in overflow. Of course, I’ve only played in overflow. :P

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I guested to JQ so I could intentionally get thrown into an overflow last night. The various overflows I was in manged to hit 1200 3 out of 4 runs for me.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Blanger.3162

Overflow servers house the spill-over players from many different servers. There are no dedicated overflow servers for each main server. If you’re in an Overflow, you could be playing with players from any number of servers.

Thanks guys that helps….

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Gandara main seems to focus on rescue pretty often. On overflows I get commanders like this, though:

Attachments:

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

JQ (NA) gets 1200 1 cycle after reset. Usually the first cycle at reset is full of heirloom/daily farmers so we don’t reach 1200. I’ve actually had better luck on OF than main servers.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Electro.4173

I’m on TC, that’s probably one of the biggest servers. So that’s not the problem at all.

Also, overflows aren’t server-bound, they encompass every server (well, every server from the same region anyway).

I just have bad luck getting into “good” overflows, I guess. THough I did get into 2 yesterday that hit 1200, so yay for that.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Yak’s Bend here. Did 2 runs yesterday in non-overflow. Got 1200 on first run at server reset (7pm EST) & then 900 immediately afterward.

I’m actually surprised the first run hit 1200. I figured the daily reset would have everyone spending that first run hunting heirlooms and not winning the event.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Friggarn.9451

Friggarn.9451

I’ve been guesting on Blackgate, and they seem to get it almost every time I’m in there. I’ve opened about 60+ Ultimate bags. The trick to getting main server is logging off right at :50 when you get your bonus bags. Then a little after :05 log back in, you’ll be in the main server before the Aetherblade event is done.

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

blackgate as always – not sure if the overflows are doing too good.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

1. guest on Blackgate. Start in gendarrin
2. Form a party of 5
3. Enter Overflow
4. Wait till you get 300 citizens saved then swap to whoever in your party has the most citizens saved
5. If the server had more than 300 saved at the 10 mark when Magnus says don’t worry about the miasma, it will probably succeed.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Friggarn.9451

Friggarn.9451

100 at the 10 mark, 300 at the 20 mark, 600 at the 30 mark, 900 at the 40 mark.

Posted by: danbuter.2314

danbuter.2314

Tarnished Coast gets it probably 2 out of 3 times.

zenleto.6179

Why are you guesting to NOT get into the guested server.

Because they didn’t want to end up on their server’s main i guess. I haven’t thought about this when they first posted, but it does make sense. Guesting on a high pop server is a good way to trigger overflows after all, and if your server rarely (or never) gets into overflows on LA, then almost any overflow created within first 5 mins of the event will be better.

Yep, that’s pretty much it. If I can get on an overflow loaded with guys and girls from BG, TC, etc then I have a much better chance of maxxing the event than if I stayed on my own main. Especially during NA off-peak (which is my prime time).

edit: got into TC main for the last run and it was woeful. The overflow I was in the run before was better.

(edited by zenleto.6179)

Electro.4173

I’ve been guesting on Blackgate, and they seem to get it almost every time I’m in there. I’ve opened about 60+ Ultimate bags. The trick to getting main server is logging off right at :50 when you get your bonus bags. Then a little after :05 log back in, you’ll be in the main server before the Aetherblade event is done.

>.> no wonder I can never get into main if people are just doing that instead of actually doing the event and using the portals. Sad that the only way to get into main is trick the system.

Did another 2 overflow runs today. One in the afternoon and one just now. Both barely hit 900. I just cannot get a decent overflow to save my life it seems. Half the time in the last one I was soloing the entirety of the western ward civillians.

Panda Shepard.1248

Yeah, my main server doesn’t have enough people to throw me into overflow (and they just can’t do anything once in there). I know the big servers do, so I guest there.

Posted by: Jonny.6013

Jonny.6013

It’s a bit hit and miss on Gunnar’s Hold. It seems to depend on one or two specific commanders being present and hectoring the rest of us into civilian saving action. There are usually enough people around, but mostly zerging the miasma events and/or rubble running. I think we’ve hit 1,200 half a dozen times while I’ve been playing.

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Aurora Glade does it quite often. A few days ago we managed to hit 1200 while the evacuation was being called. While the miasma was ticking away at our health, we rescued a few more civilians and managed to hit 1200 just on the last second.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Posted by: Teknomancer.4895

Teknomancer.4895

On Kaineng yesterday, [DD] and [RaW] ran it as a two-guild mission, 1200 no problem. Not sure about non-organized runs for our server, but I’m sure it’s happened more than just that once.

Diplomatic Dictators [DD] guild (Kaineng): http://gw2dd.enjin.com/

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Seafarer’s Rest (EU) has no problems with it.