Whats really going to Attack LA (spoilers)

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: shaiya.7649

shaiya.7649

Yes guys ! you have all been mislead !! its not mordermoth , its not primordius , remember A-net said that we have already seen who was behind scarlet (maybe ? ) ? and remember that the probe was underwater ? whats i think is really going to attack LA is the Dragon that appears on the end of the manifesto trailer !

Attachments:

(edited by shaiya.7649)

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

why was that thing not in the game in the first place if we saw it in the manifesto… thats lame

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

that’s a super interesting theory OP and I like your moxie and chutzpah. you get bonus points for creativity and I hope you are correct.

I would go a little further too and say that once that thing breaks into LA, Scarlet will have figured out how to break free of that thing’s grasp on her mind and she will be helping us (i mean we will be helping her) and she will get to be the hero and save the day much to the chagrin of the player base. She will then join Rox and Co. and lead the new revamped Edge of Destiny 2.0.

Just like Trahearne trolling our characters during the PS, Scarlet will troll the player base for the LS! OP Sylvari NPCs FTW! :P

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Isn’t that Bubbles?

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Posted by: Ryan.2758

Ryan.2758

Pretty sure that was the artistic rendition of zhaitan rising.

Posted by: Thaia.5146

Thaia.5146

Manifesto? What manifesto…?

Posted by: Asyaru.9280

Asyaru.9280

why was that thing not in the game in the first place if we saw it in the manifesto… thats lame

why is Caithe a sylvari if we saw her as a human in the manifesto…thats lame

OT: what if that sylvari in the pic is really scarlet? :o

WP said in his las video that theres footage of pirate air ships above LA although different from the aetherblade ones, what if the LS was planned way before the game was released?

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I think bubbles went the way of Part III of Guild Wars Beyond, the extended experience mobile app, the t-shirts we all voted on pre-release, and the Cantha district.

Mordremoth at least was a thing, that became not a thing, that we discovered a name for and references to in the game, that became a thing again. Bubbles never got past…bubbles.

why is Caithe a sylvari if we saw her as a human in the manifesto…thats lame

Caithe was always Sylvari. There was a big Sylvari redesign that made them look “less like forest elves” in Anet’s words, and more like plant people. There were mixed reactions to this. A lot of people liked the more traditional elvish look and the point still got across they were plant people. Seemed like change for change’s sake and race population suffered slightly. A lot of people that usually play the elvish type races just rolled a human instead.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

Posted by: Yol.1685

Yol.1685

The monster in the background of that screenshot was The Leviathan, which was supposed to be a world boss event in Viathan Lake, Kessex Hills. For some reason, it was never added and we got the krait witch event instead.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

Caithe was always Sylvari. There was a big Sylvari redesign that made them look “less like forest elves” in Anet’s words, and more like plant people. There were mixed reactions to this. A lot of people liked the more traditional elvish look and the point still got across they were plant people. Seemed like change for change’s sake and race population suffered slightly. A lot of people that usually play the elvish type races just rolled a human instead.

Funny. I would have written something similar in answer, but with a very different spin. From my viewpoint it looked like…

Caithe was always Sylvari. People rightly pointed out that the original design for them didn’t really look much like plant people, but more like knock-off elves. Kristen Perry did a beautiful job redesigning them to look unique, which was celebrated by a great many people who were tired of seeing elf retreads in every fantasy game.

Amazing how our perceptions color things.

Posted by: Buttercup.5871

Buttercup.5871

What, you mean this dragon:

http://cryston.blog.com/files/2012/01/large-dragonn.jpg

Listen, if you want to know the future, all you have to do is study the past. Daniel Dociu’s drawings of around 2008 show you Scarlet, the airships, the dragon, the marionette and much, much more. And in interviews of around that time, he gives a few hints of what’s going to happen. It’s huge. LA is really just the start.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

Amazing how our perceptions color things.

I am more amazed at how bias can shape perceptions to the point they aren’t really indicative of reality at all.

http://goo.gl/zDROzx

Sylvari are the second least popular race in the game. It’s hard to go back far enough to find polls before the re-design, you can do that digging if your like, but early race polls regularly placed Sylvari as the second or third most desired to play. Post redesign, interest plummeted.

Elven races are typically right behind humans in popularity because they are identifiable, but still exotic.

I am not saying I don’t think the Sylvari look awesome. They do. And Perry did do an awesome job. But in the end, they just came off as too alien and lost a lot of appeal. I’d bet a shiny nickle that if the redesign weren’t so extreme, we would be seeing as many if not more Sylvari Elementalists and Mesmers than human and most definitely more than Norn.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

(edited by AcidicVision.5498)

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Interesting.

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

Interesting.

so it is a krait god?
or is that bubbles?

do you know what this screenshot is supposed to show?

or is it just artwork without description?

that picture is exactly the same thing like at the end of the manifesto video… those fangs in front of the mouth and everything^^

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

It’s another concept art piece of a Leviathan as far as i know. Only one Leviathan made it into the game (and the novel Sea of Sorrows), and that one is a corpse on Claw Island, it turned Risen when Zhaitan rose and was destroyed by Cobiah Marriner and his fleet many years later.

[Yak’s Bend]

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

It’s another concept art piece of a Leviathan as far as i know. Only one Leviathan made it into the game (and the novel Sea of Sorrows), and that one is a corpse on Claw Island, it turned Risen when Zhaitan rose and was destroyed by Cobiah Marriner and his fleet many years later.

but why is it in the manifesto tailer ingame then?

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: Frosch.7809

Frosch.7809

but why is it in the manifesto tailer ingame then?

I think there are some more skeletons around ingame, not just the one at Claw Island.

It’s just something that was planned to be ingame and made it into the manifesto trailer, but wasn’t included in the actual game. As to why exactly it wasn’t used, that’s something only the game designers know.

[Yak’s Bend]