Why I doubt the rescue events will disappear

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

The trend has been “a set of two updates, first update going through the second”, the picture of the LA attacks have escape routes drawn in.

So why do people think it’ll all just go poof at the update? The trend shows us it will likely remain.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And it is just these kinds of assumptions that make people shout about ArenaNet lying about how long something will be available.

It is always better to assume that it will only be available for two weeks.

And considering how these two updates are built I would say it is unlikely that the first part will continue after tomorrow. Seeing as starting tomorrow we will work towards retaking Lions Arch rather than evacuating.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

They might, they may not.

I can’t see how we’d go fighting for LA, while theres STILL civilians to rescue.

to make sense story wise, there would be no more citizens in LA, there would also be less time we could stay there as there would be a lethal dose of miasma around. (unless of course we all get gas masks or something)

Posted by: Cuddy.6247

Cuddy.6247

I can’t see how we’d go fighting for LA, while theres STILL civilians to rescue.

to make sense story wise, there would be no more citizens in LA, there would also be less time we could stay there as there would be a lethal dose of miasma around. (unless of course we all get gas masks or something)

Why can’t you have rescued all the citizens by tomorrow? Also, it could be possible they’re finding a way to divert the miasma. Really the idea that you can’t go back in to LA because it wouldn’t make sense has been rejected since it restarts every hour. To “make sense” story-wise you shouldn’t be able to do it again after the first round.

…But we do.

Can also assume that there’s a possibility of the miasma not being permanent. Think of fumigation, there is natural air that can go through the city – so unless Scarlet is continuously pumping out this miasma nonstop, eventually the gas will be diluted enough to be a “safe zone.”

Story-wise, would it be safe? Not really, but neither is fighting an undead horde with a wooden stick but quite a few professions do that just fine.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I think the evacuation event will end with Tuesday’s update. The next patch is going to be the battle. So evacuation should be done and it’s time to rally and fight. We’ll have a new event in LA, which may last longer than 2 weeks, but that’s speculative too.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Kalavier.1097

Kalavier.1097

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/12841676423/

Notice, attack and escape paths clearly marked. Escape paths that match the ones we see Civilians run through within LA atm.

Yeah, it’s better to go ahead and grab the achievements/reward NOW, but the trend/what we’ve been shown seems to imply escape/rescueing will still be around.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/12841676423/

Notice, attack and escape paths clearly marked. Escape paths that match the ones we see Civilians run through within LA atm.

Yeah, it’s better to go ahead and grab the achievements/reward NOW, but the trend/what we’ve been shown seems to imply escape/rescueing will still be around.

Lol and we can see all the BiConics’ hands in that image, which is kind of neat. Even Taimi’s, although as a child she won’t be doing any of the rushing in and fighting herself (or shouldn’t be anyway).

They’re having a pow wow to fix the councel’s screw up. XD

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)