Why all so negative?

Why all so negative?

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

Ok I can get that people didnt like bugs in the last update, but nothing is perfect, but people really need to create 1000 threads about the same thing? Devs are working hard for fixes for sure!
Anyway, I just wanted to thank Anet for the living story. Its great to have an update each two weeks for free. The story was nice, I liked it, and it was fun to polemize with other people and guess how it can continue next week. Especially after wintersday it was kittening exciting Another thing I love on living story are NPCs, how they interact with each other. For example Heal O tron at vigil keep And many others. It absolutely livens the whole world. I also love how everything is so monumental. Tower of nightmares, The kite city, The Breachmaker, etc. these things are just kittening epic!
Keep up the great work Anet! Now we will face another elder dragon..honestly I cant wait!

#ELEtism

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Because it’s been going on for too long.

Too many patches have had bugs that have gated people from doing the content. Containing achievements that makes people selfish and just leech on other players doing the work. It’s always the same with ‘’Gather at the Commander tag and begin zerging’’ because that really has to stop.

ArenaNet even said they were going to polish the last patches a lot to give us the best ending and experience, but it’s even worse or no different than before.

’’Don’t you want to know why I killed all these innocent people, and did what I did?’’
‘’No, it doesn’t matter.’’

^ Is such an annoying line to hear at the very end of this living story. Because everything was building up for this moment.

(edited by Farzo.8410)

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Elbegast.6970

Elbegast.6970

“Why all so negative?” you ask?

This is the final update in the Scarlet Briar arc and I haven’t seen Scarlet Briar since the drill landed. I can’t kill the knights and I don’t have a back piece. I think I’m done.

EDIT: And yes, every update feels like nothing more than a reskin of the previous update’s zergfest. I don’t do zergs.

(edited by Elbegast.6970)

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Fenrina.2954

Fenrina.2954

Let’s just say it’s been a long, tiring week.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Naetell.3815

Naetell.3815

That’s the forums for you. Any game forums tend to be like this.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’m currently trying to get the Nowhere to Hide achievement. Look at my face and see how much fun I’m having.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Why all so negative?

Vyko.6953

’’Don’t you want to know why I killed all these innocent people, and did what I did?’’
‘’No, it doesn’t matter.’’

^ Is such an annoying line to hear at the very end of this living story. Because everything was building up for this moment.

Yeah, that was one of the bad things..but lets wait for epilogue

#ELEtism

Why all so negative?

Vyko.6953

“Why all so negative?” you ask?

This is the final update in the Scarlet Briar arc and I haven’t seen Scarlet Briar since the drill landed. I can’t kill the knights and I don’t have a back piece. I think I’m done.

EDIT: And yes, every update feels like nothing more than a reskin of the previous update’s zergfest. I don’t do zergs.

Try to guest on a different server. Or try of, i was doing it mainly on overflows and we always did it..

#ELEtism

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Eleir.9325

Eleir.9325

Yeah, that was one of the bad things..but lets wait for epilogue

I would rather wait for the feature update. I hope they never do living story again. It almost killed this game. Living story was started way too soon in the life of Gw2. This game is still missing a TON of content that was promised since beta, and along with a ton of bugs that have been in the game since beta.

(Lv. 80 Necromancer)Ash Grimbane [MEAN] – DarkHaven

Why all so negative?

Posted by: dietzero.3514

dietzero.3514

You are not using polemise correctly.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

How many patches did they have for this living story? Six.
The LS was released six days ago.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

Granted, this last update was extremely bugged. What with excited players zerging the Knights en masse and people flooding servers (at least in the initial days), I’m not particularly surprised we found a way to break the game.

Note that I’m not defending ANet for not anticipating players to come crashing down on Scarlet in her final moments and I do think that their releases could stand some working on, but I think that it’s human nature for people to complain in general because it’s easy and it’s fun.

Observe people at school or in the office and you’ll notice how people tend to criticise things instead of praising them (that’s not to say praise is non-existent, it’s just human nature to complain – especially in a large group where your identity is anonymous).

That said, there are many opportunities for ANet to really polish their work. I know they’re trying their hardest, and I have high hopes for them! :}

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Djinn.5926

Djinn.5926

People became too choosy. They forgot, that other MMO projects have their updates once per six months\year and community of these projects prays that was implemented at least part of what they want.
I want to sincerely thank ANet for the excellent work they are doing for us.

(edited by Djinn.5926)

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

People become too choosy. They forgot, that other MMO projects have their updates once per six months\year and community of these projects prays that was implemented at least part of what they want.
I want to sincerely thank ANet for the excellent work they are doing for us.

As an ex-WoW raider it was a good system though, I played 8-12 4x a week and thats all I needed. The updates were good for 4months out of the 6, so near the end its just free farming until the next patch

Why all so negative?

Posted by: ShinjoNaomi.1896

ShinjoNaomi.1896

Because people like to complain.

Some complaints are valid.
Some not so much.
Then there are people that are just never happy, no matter what. And they make darn sure that everyone knows just how unhappy they are, as vehemently as possible.

“If half as many people were half as brave in real life as they were online…
… The human race would never have to worry about be oppressed again.”
I think trolls should have their computers smashed. ’Its all part of the game. U mad bro?’

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Noxaeternam.6214

Noxaeternam.6214

Lol, loving the classic example of game forums here. “why so negative?”

“I’LL TELL YA WHY I’M SO NEGATIVE BUT FIRST I GOTTA PUNCH SOMETHING AND THEN I’M GONNA YELL AT THE GAME COMPANY (who probably won’t see this post anyway) AND I’M JUST GONNA BE MAAAADDDDDD!”

I agree with you, though. This update is COOL. We finally get to kill Scarlet, and in a pretty cool showdown, I might add. The hologram fight is truly fun and interesting every time.

I’ll give all the ranters two things. One- it’s buggy as all get out. I haven’t played it in the past few days, maybe they’ve fixed it. All I know is, what an earlier post mentioned. In the first 6 days, we had 6 patches. (psst, that means they’re working on it. Don’t be a grouch.)
Two- zerging isn’t for everyone. There are those of us who like to take everything down in the most systematic, speedy way possible. They want to hit all three knights at once. Not because they need the ach, necessarily. That’s just how it makes the most sense to them.
Then, there are those of us that just wanna SMASH THINGS! Hmm, I can beat up this robot with 40 people.. Kinda tough though. What if we get the other 80 here? I bet we can blow the durn thing up faster, then just run to the next one and give it a similar beating! That’ll teach their metal butts to mess with a group of 120 angry Tyrians!

Anyway, stay classy. Hopefully everything will be right soon.

P.S. When you finally get to the end, and a little bug gets through.. Instead of raging, try laughing. It’s healthier. Pic related, this was supposed to be Marjory and Kasmeer’s ‘tender moment’. I lol’d.

Attachments:

For the love of the Six, fix the Mac client.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Mordalus.8146

Mordalus.8146

I’m done as well. The updates are the same old kitten time and time again with new skins. Zerg zerg zerg grind grind grind. I think I’ll go play some single-player RPGs for awhile.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

I had a rage post about the broken content a few days back, although I got over it by swiftly taking a short break for the game (eh, I went to bed and got some sleep ).

When you take part in events, get jack for it, then it gets fixed, and something else doesn’t work... it’s like a comedy of errors, and it must really suck to be a dev trying to fix this, and players still encountering difficulties are not finding it amusing in any measure.

I’m frankly amazed I achieved the meta, and never set foot into a hologram fight (thank you again, dailies). I don’t like missing content like the hologram, but I’ll live with it. Literally. :P

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

Ceri, you’re awesome.

Me and Sara just lub you. See? She’s just sending you lots of lub!

I try to give credit where credit is due. The citizen rescues, loved it. LOVED meeting new people and running off to help others, but hated the afk leechers.

I think recent issues with the ignoring of bugs has just pinged on my last patience nerve, and baaaaad ticket responses. One or two, I can might deal with, go beyond that and I’m not in a good place.

Much, much credit to people like you Ceri, and you, Vyko for the smiles in the gloom. I can’t always join you, but I can stand back and appreciate it.

Oh my.. oh my! On my laptop.. husband asleep… 3 cats on the bed.. someone has gas and is dirty-bombing me right out of my own room!!! My eyes are tearing! It’s bad!!! I’m melting!!

Attachments:

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Why all so negative?

Posted by: kgptzac.8419

kgptzac.8419

The Knights event was left in a very sorry state over a weekend where one would expect more players to log in and play. I think ANet owes us an explanation on what went wrong and how they can improve so kittens like this doesn’t happen again.

a shard of crystal in the desert.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Siobhan.5273

Siobhan.5273

The Knights event was left in a very sorry state over a weekend where one would expect more players to log in and play. I think ANet owes us an explanation on what went wrong and how they can improve so kittens like this doesn’t happen again.

They talk or this snow spotted walker boy… goes by the name Shere Khan….

He’s Daryl Dixon’s biggest fan! and wanting to road trip!!!

No news since October 28th 2014. Question asked straight up! 473 times. 647 days and thread locked..

Why all so negative?

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

They wanted the fight to be more challenging. They are human beings that don’t work 24h each days and there is this thing called “weekend”, people usually don’t work on weekends.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

It is pretty difficult to give positive feedback, if the only good thing about the content is, that the buggy and lame LS is over and we get a short break from it.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Erasmus.1624

Erasmus.1624

They wanted the fight to be more challenging. They are human beings that don’t work 24h each days and there is this thing called “weekend”, people usually don’t work on weekends.

Sure they do. It’s called overtime. Thus far, to me it seems like ArenaNet’s just being lazy and unhelpful in regards to this problem. We have yet to receive a substantial word on the subject, even with all this whining for the past week. They really should have just spent the weekend fixing six minutes instead of fixing other non-issue bugs.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

Ceri, you’re awesome.

Me and Sara just lub you. See? She’s just sending you lots of lub!

I try to give credit where credit is due. The citizen rescues, loved it. LOVED meeting new people and running off to help others, but hated the afk leechers.

I think recent issues with the ignoring of bugs has just pinged on my last patience nerve, and baaaaad ticket responses. One or two, I can might deal with, go beyond that and I’m not in a good place.

Much, much credit to people like you Ceri, and you, Vyko for the smiles in the gloom. I can’t always join you, but I can stand back and appreciate it.

.. I’m not really that awesome! I’ve had rage with games before, pointless though it is, so I understand where a lot of people are coming from. If I was awesome I’d get back on those maps and do all the events over and over just helping everyone else achieve their goals. I just wish I actually could do that. I cheer on anyone who does - they’re the real awesome people. I ran with a couple of commanders last week who did just that. I’m thankful for those who give up their time in this manner just to help out their server and others.

That aside, this being a forum where we can air our grievances to an extent, it’s just natural there’s going to be a lot of negativity. It possibly colours how the game appears to a lot of people, because there’s so many posts stemming from unhappiness. And it’s very, very easy to sink into being negative when just a few posts are already expressing themselves in that manner. And we have all ages and nationalities popping in; some things may appear one way without that actually being the intention. Imagine being one of the people that actually has to sit and read all of it. .. Oof!

Just remember it’s possible to enjoy something as a whole, whilst being critical of some of its parts. And that we can choose how affected we are by something. That is the thing you have control over (unlike getting things working in a game!).

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

Why all so negative?

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Ok I can get that people didnt like bugs in the last update, but nothing is perfect, but people really need to create 1000 threads about the same thing? Devs are working hard for fixes for sure!

Just one official response on the threads, and it would be all fine. If there is no official response we have to assume it means:
- We have not yet been heard or
- They don’t care

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

I hope they never do living story again. It almost killed this game.

No, it kept it alive. If the LS had not been there, way more players would have left by now. You will see that in the coming months when no content changes are going to happen. Fixing old bugs in an unchanging world will not be enough to keep players interested.

There need to be content changes. And as for the “expansion” thing: that will grow old quite soon. I still think continuous small updates are the better option. They just need to stay.

Why all so negative?

Heraldusluminare.2946

But Autumn has actually replied on the issue since last Friday. So it’s not like ANet stopped all work after release and went home to party and give each other high-fives.

See this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/livingworld/escape/Battle-for-Lion-s-Arch-Open-Issues-and-Tips/page/6#post3737505

Why all so negative?

Posted by: zMajc.4659

zMajc.4659

Universal MMO forum rule that must be take in account is that angry, unsatified players are more likely to come here and post their feedback while satisfied players play the game and don’t care.

While it might seem that the sky is falling and 90% of players hate the game the whole picture looks totally different with majority of players playing the game happily while a tiny majority is crying on the forums.

Why all so negative?

Heraldusluminare.2946

I didn’t realise that, but that’s kind of sad, actually.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

Welcome to the 2010’s, where everyone is a self-absorbed, over-entitled, and pampered Narcissist. Despite all the hard work the devs try to put in, some people will never be satisfied. Ever.

Watch, this post is going to be removed because someone’s feelings are going to get hurt.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Universal MMO forum rule that must be take in account is that angry, unsatified players are more likely to come here and post their feedback while satisfied players play the game and don’t care.

While it might seem that the sky is falling and 90% of players hate the game the whole picture looks totally different with majority of players playing the game happily while a tiny majority is crying on the forums.

You should read the chat in LA, so many happy customers there…

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Too many patches have had bugs that have gated people from doing the content. Containing achievements that makes people selfish and just leech on other players doing the work. It’s always the same with ‘’Gather at the Commander tag and begin zerging’’ because that really has to stop.

ArenaNet even said they were going to polish the last patches a lot to give us the best ending and experience, but it’s even worse or no different than before.

Hrm… trueeee-ish.

I don’t think the bugs are actually bad. I mean they’re annoying, sure, but pretty small-ish so.

But you’re right, QA is really bad at ANet.

OTOH, the content is good and I like the improvements I see from patch to patch (not on a bug-level, on a design level). So I’m still quite happy.

Players: ANet, too much zerg! Fix it!
ANet: Let’s break up the encounters so players have to split up, makes for much smaller groups per fight.
Players: ANet, too much zerg! Fix it!

See why the devs might not care at all any more?
They did reduce the zerginess, LOTS, in the recent 4 patches. It helps with FPS, too. But there’s 0 reaction among the players, so for all they are concerned, they can safely press “ignore” on their forum-link and do work instead.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Noxaeternam.6214

Noxaeternam.6214

Zeivu.. If I could send a cookie, warm, fresh, and full of omnomberries, through the internet and straight into your hands.. I would.

This comment is all too accurate.

That being said.. let’s break the 2010 humanity-meta. srsly. Getting tired of everyone around you being self-serving and pampered? Don’t act that way. I’m not saying you do, mind, last thing I want is for you to think I’m trying to be insulting. But let’s be different, better, people, and set an example for the rest of ’em! eh?

For the love of the Six, fix the Mac client.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Barabbas.8715

Barabbas.8715

Most complainers, whiners, elitists, and other undesirables gravitate to the official forums of a game where they thing the devs will hear them and change the game to suit their sense of entitlement. Unofficial forums tend to be more positive and full of people who truly love the game.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: CrossedHorse.4261

CrossedHorse.4261

To be honest, the last three patches released and immediately bothered me. I’d play a day and get annoyed and stop playing. Then I’d return a week later, and find that things have been fixed, people are now clued up with what they’re doing, and I’d head in and have a great time. Each time I’ve been pleasantly surprised, and since the last three patches my friends list has practically trebled in length. I am a solo player, and have loved the way these patches have made me new friends.

Anyway, despite its issues, this latest patch has actually fulfilled most of my expectations. I am not getting any great drops, but really, when did people expect amazing drops to suddenly rain from the sky? They never have and never will, so expectations of that sort are waaaay down my list. I was dreading the holo fight as a guildie described it to me on the first day and it sounded awful. I actually really love it, chaotic as it can be. The knights are, well, not particularly interesting, but now that the 6 minute achievement is fixed, I have a new incentive to go and do them, and I have a lot of fun chatting with friends while the fight is going on – trying to type while getting my evade achiev was interesting.

I found the ending to be fine. I mean, sure, it’s infuriating that Braham cut Scarlet off before the “big reveal”, but I actually found it infuriating in a good way. Like the final kick in the gut from Scarlet, and she gets the last laugh. That was good, imo. I felt like I knew she was practically desperate to tell us her plans and lord it over us, and we just went “nah, sorry – you know what? We don’t care because we don’t care about you or your ego.” So for me, it worked.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

Most complainers, whiners, elitists, and other undesirables gravitate to the official forums of a game where they thing the devs will hear them and change the game to suit their sense of entitlement. Unofficial forums tend to be more positive and full of people who truly love the game.

Have you been to Guild Wars 2 Guru? Generally, it’s more critical because developers aren’t there to remove posts or merge topics.
Granted, that’s also because most people that visit those forums probably also played GW (which GW2 has no semblance to)…

Reddit’s GW2 section is practically moderated by ANet. So it seems to be your beacon of positive energy.

Most complaints generally have some decent suggestions within them.
And, likely, people will complain BEFORE they leave the game. At which point, they may never come back. So it may not be wise to just dismiss complaints as “whiners.”

Why all so negative?

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Reddit’s GW2 section is practically moderated by ANet. So it seems to be your beacon of positive energy.

I have seen quite a few idolatry fans in there, but nothing that suggests ANet moderation. Mind you, there seems as of late to be a spillover from the dungeons subforum…

Why all so negative?

Carighan.6758

Reddit is highly critical of the game actually. And hasn’t seen dev attention in a year or more, after the devs were criticized for doing their interaction via a third-party webiste.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Reddit is just filled with ‘’MY GIRL/BOYFRIEND MAKE ME A QUAGGAN’’ threads anyway.

Why all so negative?

Carighan.6758

Reddit is just filled with ‘’MY GIRL/BOYFRIEND MAKE ME A QUAGGAN’’ threads anyway.

Admit it, you’re just envious!

We all are.

Why all so negative?

Posted by: guardian.6489

guardian.6489

If anything by official game forums standards, these forums are pretty nice. I mean people use forums for complaining most of the time, usually if you like an update your currently playing it.

Retired Leader of TTS