Why would Scarlet [spoilers]

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

Command an army of mechanized creatures, immune to a jungle dragon’s corruption?

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Well…. shes being controlled by Mordremoth so in essence she’s an extension of him and thus the army she controls is controlled by him.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

First off, why would you assume mechanized creatures are immune to dragon corruption? Second, in what way is a lone Sylvari a Dragon Champion? I seem to recall beating her up pretty easily. Finally, why do you think she is actively following orders? Nothing she’s done nor said indicated that she’s is following orders. She may be being influenced, but she’s not following orders. So she’s doing things her own way, toward whatever end she ends up accomplishing.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Moshari.8570

Moshari.8570

What if her target is not Mordremoth but the pale tree itself. Similar to how Kralkatorik killed Glint, maybe Mordremoth wants to get rid of the “free” champion of himself….and has been guiding Scarlet to “get rid of the voices” one being Mordremoth himself, and another being the Pale Tree. If she truly wants to be free of all influences she has to get rid of both. The Ley-line in Lions arch is a means to power the marrionette….which can then be used to attack the pale tree directly (heck, it wields a giant sword…what better to hack at a bunch of vines with than a machete??).

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

First off, why would you assume mechanized creatures are immune to dragon corruption? Second, in what way is a lone Sylvari a Dragon Champion? I seem to recall beating her up pretty easily. Finally, why do you think she is actively following orders? Nothing she’s done nor said indicated that she’s is following orders. She may be being influenced, but she’s not following orders. So she’s doing things her own way, toward whatever end she ends up accomplishing.

Through the record we can assume that she THINKS she is independent while something in her mind keeps giving her orders. Something is commanding her but Scarlet thinks she had overcome that something and is doing everything for her own sake while that deity in her mind is responsible for all her actions. If its mordermoth I could assume that he needs something to awaken and through Scarlet he wants to get that something, probably magical energy under LA.

Kal Spiro.9745

What if her target is not Mordremoth but the pale tree itself. Similar to how Kralkatorik killed Glint, maybe Mordremoth wants to get rid of the “free” champion of himself….and has been guiding Scarlet to “get rid of the voices” one being Mordremoth himself, and another being the Pale Tree. If she truly wants to be free of all influences she has to get rid of both. The Ley-line in Lions arch is a means to power the marrionette….which can then be used to attack the pale tree directly (heck, it wields a giant sword…what better to hack at a bunch of vines with than a machete??).

That goes against her vision. She doesn’t want to kill the Pale Tree. Her vision has the Pale Tree shackled in choking vines. The imagery indicates taking control of the Tree again. Besides, the Pale Tree doesn’t actually have any real influence over Sylvari after they wake from the Dream, so why would she need to break free, she already has.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Yo dawg, spoilers.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Command an army of mechanized creatures, immune to a jungle dragon’s corruption?

Machines only do what they are ‘programmed’ to do…

Seems like a pretty decent army to me, if in fact they are immune to dragon corruption, since it means they can’t be corrupted and stolen by any of the other dragons either.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

Plausible. Possibly through Mordremoth, Scarlet already knows there are other sylvari from another tree, potentially more (we don’t know how many yet).
If the sylvari are there as Mordremoth’s army, it seems the Pale Tree isn’t complying and is shielding her offspring from him. Perhaps Scarlet’s job is to reclaim them.

Posted by: Thedenofsin.7340

Thedenofsin.7340

First off, why would you assume mechanized creatures are immune to dragon corruption?

Because all the other dragons’ powers indicate they corupt either living or dead organic matter. If they can corrupt inorganic matter, then Primordius could just corrupt the earth and stone and crush the dwarves. Jormag would have corrupted the mountains and sent them toppling on the Norns, etc.

Second, in what way is a lone Sylvari a Dragon Champion? I seem to recall beating her up pretty easily. Finally, why do you think she is actively following orders? Nothing she’s done nor said indicated that she’s is following orders. She may be being influenced, but she’s not following orders. So she’s doing things her own way, toward whatever end she ends up accomplishing.

That would be my point – it would be inconsistent for her to be a champion (or a minion) of mordremoth, considering the army she has been building.

Posted by: Metion.9541

Metion.9541

I don’t think that she is a champion of him. If you compare her behavior to the corruption of the other dragons you will find a big difference. She still is aware of what she is doing and that something wants to control her and this is why she wants it to stop. Other corrupted creatures are like zombies only following one goal and not thinking about it. There also is no interaction with them.

What I believe is, that the original seed of the pale tree may come from the dragon. When Ronan planted it and Ventari placed his tablet they may have freed the tree from the corruption. Maybe not completely but to a certain degree. For me this explains why Scarlet can hear the dragon but isn’t fully corrupted since there is a slight connection.

Kal Spiro.9745

First off, why would you assume mechanized creatures are immune to dragon corruption?

Because all the other dragons’ powers indicate they corupt either living or dead organic matter. If they can corrupt inorganic matter, then Primordius could just corrupt the earth and stone and crush the dwarves. Jormag would have corrupted the mountains and sent them toppling on the Norns, etc.

Just to be clear the Dragons CAN corrupt anything. Primordius doesn’t corrupt harpies and trolls and crabs and turn them into lava monsters, he corrupts the earth and turns it into creatures. Most of the Dragons simply don’t because they do things their own way. Zaitan likes to raise the dead. Jormag likes to screw with people, offering them power and when they accept taking them, like the Devil. Kralkatorik just turns whatever and whoever into inorganic crystal, which he controls. As such there is no reason to assume that Mordremoth couldn’t, if he so chose, turn clockwork robots into his own minions, with plants on them or something. That could actually be really cool.

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Second, in what way is a lone Sylvari a Dragon Champion? I seem to recall beating her up pretty easily. Finally, why do you think she is actively following orders? Nothing she’s done nor said indicated that she’s is following orders. She may be being influenced, but she’s not following orders. So she’s doing things her own way, toward whatever end she ends up accomplishing.

That would be my point – it would be inconsistent for her to be a champion (or a minion) of mordremoth, considering the army she has been building.

I don’ t think it would be.

Svanir was corrupted by a champion of Jormag and thus made into a champion himself. Perhaps the same has happened with Scarlet. A champion of Mordremorth, that we haven’t seen yet, reached out to Scarlet when she was in the Eternal Alchemy. That champion laid a presence upon her and has slowly got what it needs all the while Scarlet is thinking she is in control. This last part is evident by her own Holo’s.

Scarlet Briar: Ever since I came out of Omadd’s machine, you’ve been taking credit for my ideas. They are mine! Not yours.
Scarlet Briar: Let me be clear. I’m not doing this for you; I’m doing it for me. Nobody tells me what to do. Not ever.
Scarlet Briar: It’s not true. None of it. I don’t have to lsiten to you. Get out of my head!

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Why wouldn’t a dragon look at how Zhaitan was killed and be like " hey you know what, this technology stuff is rather spiffy." ?

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Why wouldn’t a dragon look at how Zhaitan was killed and be like " hey you know what, this technology stuff is rather spiffy." ?

Beat the mortals at their own game, eh?

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Beat the mortals at their own game, eh?

Sort of makes sense… I mean it was sort of portrayed that Zaihtan’s tactics were evolving over the course of the game, if you listen to the personal story dialog.

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

Well if the theory about the Pale Tree and the sylvari being “freed” minions of Modremoth is true, then maybe we can assume that this dragon is more intelligent and does things differently with its minions than the mindless drones associated with Zhaitan and Primordus? Since the dragons aren’t exactly buddy-buddy with each other, maybe Modremoth would like a faction of sturdier minions that may or may not be immune to various other forms of dragon corruption?

Because let’s face it, plant-like minions, champs and monsters wouldn’t exactly fare well against say, Primordus’ fire destroyers.

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

Is this a spoiler thread? or is their some concrete information that Scarlet is a Mordremoth Champion?

Confused.

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

From what ive seen theres no evidence supporting that a dragon is involved. The voice thats is controlling her could possibly be making her think its a dragon.

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

I don’t think that she is a champion of him. If you compare her behavior to the corruption of the other dragons you will find a big difference. She still is aware of what she is doing and that something wants to control her and this is why she wants it to stop. Other corrupted creatures are like zombies only following one goal and not thinking about it. There also is no interaction with them.

She did want it to stop. There’s some suggestion she lost that fight.

Most dragon minions do seem to be rather unintelligent but that certainly doesn’t apply to all of them. The Great Destroyer acted as a hive mind for its subjects, Glint was an oracle, and the Eyes of Zhaitan were leaders in their own right, very much aware of what was going on.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

the Eyes of Zhaitan were leaders in their own right, very much aware of what was going on.

This is a very good point….

The last Orrian King did beg us to set him and his line free from Zaihtan and to cleanse Orr after he explained that the kings where the eyes. It does give them impression that they are aware of what is happening, but are unable to do anything to stop it.

Posted by: CalmestChaos.2463

CalmestChaos.2463

Just to be clear the Dragons CAN corrupt anything. Primordius doesn’t corrupt harpies and trolls and crabs and turn them into lava monsters, he corrupts the earth and turns it into creatures. Most of the Dragons simply don’t because they do things their own way. Zaitan likes to raise the dead. Jormag likes to screw with people, offering them power and when they accept taking them, like the Devil. Kralkatorik just turns whatever and whoever into inorganic crystal, which he controls. As such there is no reason to assume that Mordremoth couldn’t, if he so chose, turn clockwork robots into his own minions, with plants on them or something. That could actually be really cool.

it was proven in the story line and anywhere in orr that sylvari can not be corrupted by zhaitan. other dragons don’t have corrupted minions of some races because there is so few of that race in the area if any at all.
another note is that no dragon can corrupt and take over another dragons minions. the last thing is that the nightmare court are an awful lot like a dragons minion, but with only slightly more intelligence than zhaitan’s minions and some freedom, probably due to not having a dragon to command them. faolen is much like an eye of zhaitan.

Posted by: inazuma.7021

inazuma.7021

Scarlet being a Dragon Champion could explain why she’s so darn good at everything. Doing all three Asuran colleges, etc. You know, all the reasons her haters call her a Mary Sue.

Vhaewyn – Level 80 Sylvari Ranger
Dakka Warforge- Level 80 Charr Engineer
Xairro – Level 80 Asura Revenant

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Scarlet being a Dragon Champion could explain why she’s so darn good at everything. Doing all three Asuran colleges, etc. You know, all the reasons her haters call her a Mary Sue.

Like the Great Destroyer, Jormag’s Claw, Svanir and every other Dragon Champion we have met….

But then again, Lore consistency is not a strong point in LS. Still, Scarlet will be whatever they write her to be regardless of gaping plot holes.

This writing team is too prone to suggestions from the Kewl Idea Fairy.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Like the Great Destroyer, Jormag’s Claw, Svanir and every other Dragon Champion we have met….

To be fair there seems to be several different levels of Champions.

Morgus Lethe for one seemed quite a bit more powerful than Svanir for one. Or TGD for that matter.

And since we don’t know anything about Mordremoth we can’t really know how much its corruption would effect the target.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

To be fair there seems to be several different levels of Champions.

Morgus Lethe for one seemed quite a bit more powerful than Svanir for one. Or TGD for that matter.

And since we don’t know anything about Mordremoth we can’t really know how much its corruption would effect the target.

Morgus Lethe was a character in a book, and a short paragraph in the Wiki. Far less than that in game. As far as I am concerned, non-existent. Furthermore, he was who he was prior to corruption, and corruption only made what he knew dangerous.

Morgus Lethe did not become who he was by being a Dragon Champion as was suggested re Scarlet. He was an important Captain of Lions Arch, full of knowledge about that all on his own. Only his corruption made that knowledge dangerous.

But w/e, not important. Scarlet will end up being whoever and whatever they want her to be, and loyal fans will explain away and fill up the gaping maws in the story with rationalization and retcon, tossing in a few more “ley lines” for good measure.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

(edited by Teofa Tsavo.9863)

Kal Spiro.9745

it was proven in the story line and anywhere in orr that sylvari can not be corrupted by zhaitan. other dragons don’t have corrupted minions of some races because there is so few of that race in the area if any at all.
another note is that no dragon can corrupt and take over another dragons minions. the last thing is that the nightmare court are an awful lot like a dragons minion, but with only slightly more intelligence than zhaitan’s minions and some freedom, probably due to not having a dragon to command them. faolen is much like an eye of zhaitan.

All you says is true, it is just not relevant to the topic at hand, nor anything you were quoting… so I don’t understand why it was posted at all.