"You should go" "I don't leave you" seriously

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

Most cliche dialogue since ever, why do you even put it in? It’s just broken leg, for christ sake and Scarlet lie down almost dead, but noooo Rox can’t leave poor Braham, stupid cat, i hope Rytlock will not accept her in warband.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Posted by: Taygus.4571

Taygus.4571

I think you’re supposed to imagine that there’s enimies everywhere….

Posted by: aparish.6582

aparish.6582

I don’t really look at it as a cliche. Yes. The words are. But it’s really symbolic based off of previous updates. Braham has been left by Otilla. And then he finds out that Rox was going to leave for the war band as soon as Scarlett was killed and he was hurt over that. We’ve really learned that Braham wears his heart on his sleeve and who wouldn’t. But if you notice in the update where Rox tells him all she has to do is kill Scarlett. Rox begins to show how much Braham’s friendship means to her. So this update really shows that Rox values her friendship with Braham and really the others more than wanting to be in a war band. She would rather give that up then her friendships along the way. So. Yes while the words are a cliche. The scene shows the character progression since Flame and Frost.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

It might be a cliche, but it’s really a pretty standard thing anyone would say in that situation. There is really no need for any other words. Just put yourself any situation like that.

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

It does seem rather pointless as there isn’t anything in there that’s a threat but Scarlet, and he can and does get up and walk away a few moment later.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Honestly? Her not being accepted into the warband is actually better for her because she already has a warband. It just doesn’t consist of Charr.
I admit it’s a bit cliché but it’s fitting for her. And to pile on more cliché: she actually might realize what I said in the first paragraph and actually decline Rytlock’s offer when it comes.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Uvatha.5476

Uvatha.5476

I don’t really look at it as a cliche. Yes. The words are. But it’s really symbolic based off of previous updates. Braham has been left by Otilla. And then he finds out that Rox was going to leave for the war band as soon as Scarlett was killed and he was hurt over that. We’ve really learned that Braham wears his heart on his sleeve and who wouldn’t. But if you notice in the update where Rox tells him all she has to do is kill Scarlett. Rox begins to show how much Braham’s friendship means to her. So this update really shows that Rox values her friendship with Braham and really the others more than wanting to be in a war band. She would rather give that up then her friendships along the way. So. Yes while the words are a cliche. The scene shows the character progression since Flame and Frost.

Best analysis of this scene, underlying themes, and character development. Well done!

knbBlackTemplar.3059

It might be a cliche, but it’s really a pretty standard thing anyone would say in that situation. There is really no need for any other words. Just put yourself any situation like that.

I didn’t. Need at least ONE cynical coldhearted character on our side.

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

I didn’t. Need at least ONE cynical coldhearted character.

Speaking of which, I was waiting for Canach to redeem himself in the Battle for LA, heck, I was waiting for him to do SOMETHING, but I guess that ship sailed. He is much more interesting than the scooby-doo crew we had there, I was really hoping that he’d make up for his crimes and joined the Scarlet fight.

Posted by: Fafnir.5124

Fafnir.5124

It does seem rather pointless as there isn’t anything in there that’s a threat but Scarlet, and he can and does get up and walk away a few moment later.

after rox splints his leg. If she didn’t do you really think anyone there can carry him out of the exploding drill. So he probly would have died including jorry if she didn’t stay.

knbBlackTemplar.3059

after rox splints his leg. If she didn’t do you really think anyone there can carry him out of the exploding drill. So he probly would have died including jorry if she didn’t stay.

That would be great. I’m actually start to like Trahearne after all these patches about “feels”, Trahearne was wanted only save Tyria and kill Zhaitan, that’s the spirit.

Posted by: anxnox.9027

anxnox.9027

You would do the same for your lover obviously (Rox&Braham).
I was wondering about Canach too – he was imprisoned during “Escape from Lion’s Arch” and now he’s gone…

knbBlackTemplar.3059

You would do the same for your lover obviously (Rox&Braham).
I was wondering about Canach too – he was imprisoned during “Escape from Lion’s Arch” and now he’s gone…

No i wouldn’t. Charr and Norn kid.. that thing should scream somthing like “KILL ME”

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

Canach is still in jail. He was let out during Escape from LA and left with Kiel and Magnus. He’s now caged in Vigil Keep.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

No i wouldn’t. Charr and Norn kid.. that thing should scream somthing like “KILL ME”

two different species can’t have offspring together. There’s a maybe between humans and norn, but charr and norn? No.

That being said I wish that this romance would get developed further. I find it sweet

Posted by: Cyvien.8049

Cyvien.8049

Norns are half human half beast, you’ll never know.

I’m a scholar, thus I don’t take stance.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

She doesnt really want to goto the warband because people look down on her for not dying along with her old troops, that would of been more honorable.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Most cliche dialogue since ever, why do you even put it in? It’s just broken leg, for christ sake and Scarlet lie down almost dead, but noooo Rox can’t leave poor Braham, stupid cat, i hope Rytlock will not accept her in warband.

I agree, Rox was supposed to kill Scarlet, she failed, she shouldn’t be let in. I’m not ok with her taking credit for my work like so many other NPCs.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I agree, Rox was supposed to kill Scarlet, she failed, she shouldn’t be let in. I’m not ok with her taking credit for my work like so many other NPCs.

cough Trahearne cough

Yeah Rox, shoot scarlet in the face. Really easy to do. I hit her, like twice, and finished her. All good!

(My quaggan finisher had quaggans dancing around her corpse, it was awesome and my best gw2 moment yet)

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Kal Spiro.9745

cough Trahearne cough

Yeah Rox, shoot scarlet in the face. Really easy to do. I hit her, like twice, and finished her. All good!

(My quaggan finisher had quaggans dancing around her corpse, it was awesome and my best gw2 moment yet)

And Ellen Kiel. I don’t mind Trahearne so much. He’s the commander of the Pact and my superior officer as a result, so my accomplishments translate as his accomplishments too. Also I enjoyed hanging out with him on my two Sylvari. Kiel though just straight up steals credit.

(I got the Guild Finisher, it was pretty fricken sweet)

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

She was healing him and Jory through the whole battle

Also I think Rox’ mission was to make sure scarlet died, not to deliver the killing blow. Charr do value group contributions (more than Norn for example)

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

She was healing him and Jory through the whole battle

Also I think Rox’ mission was to make sure scarlet died, not to deliver the killing blow. Charr do value group contributions (more than Norn for example)

Well, she managed to ‘fix’ his leg and revive Jory in the 10 seconds it took to impale Scarlet.

Healing spring OP, needs nerf.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

It’s simple…imagine your character saying “Try to help Marjory, I’m not letting Kasmeer do this alone.”

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

two different species can’t have offspring together. There’s a maybe between humans and norn, but charr and norn? No.

That being said I wish that this romance would get developed further. I find it sweet

Someone from ANET claimed that even Norn and Humans can’t have children together.

Kal Spiro.9745

Someone from ANET claimed that even Norn and Humans can’t have children together.

Humans aren’t even from the same planet, it’s infeasible to think they could procreate.