Your character during cutscene...

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

… stands around like a lump facing the other way while the interaction between the characters is going on. While this cutscene is great at showing what anet can do (actual interaction between characters) and avoiding the use of two-people-talking cutscenes, your character just stays in place with micro bunny hopping. o_O I’m hoping in future cutscenes your character just DOES something instead of standing to the side like they shouldn’t even be here or trying not to look at the camera and pretending not to exist when someone important is being interviewed like on TV, haha.

After Scarlet knocks Braham and Marjory back with her shield or whatever, your character should have gone from each of the two pairs of npcs to check on them with forced walking/running and emote scripts.

And now I’m gonna face Scarlet with Destiny’s Edge 2.0, gonna use dance book before cutscene kicks in.

(sorry for lowest res graphics, haha)

Attachments:

(edited by IceBlink.4317)

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

Same here. Me and my friend don’t even care what happens in the background. For once, it’s an accurate representation of my own attitudes towards the LS characters.

Attachments:

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Heheh I see my Necro as socially awkward at best so it was totally in character for her.

the cut scene was great but on my other characters it seems a bit odd- not sure what if anything they can do about it from a technical point of view

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

Technicly there should be nothing standing in the way to animate our characters in the scene. The models jump around all the time, so its not placement consistancy. Maybe they took the careful/lazy route, not wanting to make the character do something that the players would not have their own characters do. Could have made it better though, not just standing in the background passively like we were stuck in solipsism.

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

Reminds me of the scene in GW1 after finishing the old Great Northern Wall mission where you talk to the NPC. While the cinematic is running, and you’re talking, the horde of Charr that were following you are still coming. If you cut it too close, you’re just standing there like a wallflower when they boil over you and the NPC and kill you both in mid-cinematic.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Alice.8694

Alice.8694

Reminds me of the scene in GW1 after finishing the old Great Northern Wall mission where you talk to the NPC. While the cinematic is running, and you’re talking, the horde of Charr that were following you are still coming. If you cut it too close, you’re just standing there like a wallflower when they boil over you and the NPC and kill you both in mid-cinematic.

Hehe, I remember this.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

set Render sampling rate to native

why are you using subsample

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

We’re obviously keeping an eye on Scarlet while the others occupy themselves with the wounded.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Posted by: IceBlink.4317

IceBlink.4317

In some other MMOs I remember, the game would basically clone your character’s appearance/size and remove your actual character so it could use your clone NPC for cutscenes and the like if interaction was required. Surely arenanet might have the tech to do something similar?

edit – added another dancing pic and jackolope mascot.

Attachments:

(edited by IceBlink.4317)