Zommoros

Zommoros

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

All jokes aside (which is hard to do at this point) exactly what will happen to Zommoros? He’s literally imprisoned within the Mystic Forge but as we know Djinn are very powerful, so will he be freed during this time? How will they transport him? Build a new forge in Vigil’s Keep and he somehow “magically” gets there? No pun intended. kitten I said no jokes.

So as pulled from the wiki “Djinn are relentless when defending the items, places, and causes they protect”

I don’t know about you guys but I really hope there is an event involved in kicking butt with Zommoros. If he considers the Mystic Forge his thing to protect, anet could make this epic.

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

(edited by Syryn.7591)

Zommoros

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I would imagine that Miyani would transport him out of Lion’s Arch, in pretty much the same way she transported him into Lion’s Arch.

Zommoros

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Yeah.. The forge is just moving to the Vigil Keep.

Remember there is also a Mystic Forge in each of the WvW Borderlands as well as Stone Mist Castle.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Zommoros

Posted by: Syryn.7591

Syryn.7591

Sigh no one makes this any fun anymore. True there are forges in the mists primarily WvW, but those particular mists are anomalies, so one really can’t use them as an example of what i’m talking about here.

And if Miyani DOES transport him to Vigil’s Keep it would still have to be in the midst of everything going on.

throws hands up nevermind

Entryn ele
I main an ele but playeth all the things
[FLOT]

(edited by Syryn.7591)

Zommoros

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

Ha ha. I would agree though that it would be epic to see him come out of the Mystic Forge and start killing Scarlet’s army. I just don’t think it’s gonna happen.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

Zommoros

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

All jokes aside (which is hard to do at this point) exactly what will happen to Zommoros? He’s literally imprisoned within the Mystic Forge but as we know Djinn are very powerful, so will he be freed during this time? How will they transport him? Build a new forge in Vigil’s Keep and he somehow “magically” gets there? No pun intended. kitten I said no jokes.

So as pulled from the wiki “Djinn are relentless when defending the items, places, and causes they protect”

I don’t know about you guys but I really hope there is an event involved in kicking butt with Zommoros. If he considers the Mystic Forge his thing to protect, anet could make this epic.

As a practical matter, there are a ton of access points to the Mystic Forge: conduits, Div Reach’s Royal Terrace, the WvW maps, and a couple of other (less notable) ones. I think of the Forge as being hidden in the mists and it just so happens that LA includes a hole in the fabric of space/time in which we can see The Toilet. i.e. Zommy is in the Forge, but there’s nothing imo that ties the Forge to LA.

However, I really like your idea anyhow, as a way to tweak the story.

Regardless of whether my theory is true, it would still be really interesting to see some of the NPCs in LA (and elsewhere) rally for battle, for whatever personal reasons they have. The skritt in the tunnels, the raisin-faced child, the racist haggler near the trading post, and, yes, Zommy himself.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Zommoros

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

As I mentioned in a similar topic,

Zommoros isn’t trapped in the actual Forge. He’s trapped in one of the upper parts. It is most likely that he is trapped in the Crystal at the very top, because that is the only part small enough for a single human (Miyani) to smuggle on their person.

Zommoros

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

He is a Djinn:‘Djinn are relentless when defending the items, places, and causes they protect, but they may also bestow their favor on people who aid them in those tasks.’

(from the wiki).
Goodluck on Scarlet in trying to destroy him and why would she bother trying? So it can very well be that the vigil keep just have a conduit.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!

Zommoros

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

They could, but it’s the sort of detail that is ignored while players snap their fingers and go ‘kitten , what a wasted opportunity’.

Maybe not. Lets see how it goes.

Zommoros

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

well if zommoros is as powerful as gw1 djinns then he is like a trashmob… or maybe he is a champ but what would that change…

his whole magical power is to make false promises and steal the people their rare and exotic greatswords

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Zommoros

Posted by: Zeivu.3615

Zeivu.3615

I figured the toilet is just a conduit. I mean, there is another one in the mists.

Zommoros

Posted by: Drecien.4508

Drecien.4508

As a practical matter, there are a ton of access points to the Mystic Forge: conduits, Div Reach’s Royal Terrace, the WvW maps, and a couple of other (less notable) ones. I think of the Forge as being hidden in the mists and it just so happens that LA includes a hole in the fabric of space/time in which we can see The Toilet. i.e. Zommy is in the Forge, but there’s nothing imo that ties the Forge to LA.

However, I really like your idea anyhow, as a way to tweak the story.

Regardless of whether my theory is true, it would still be really interesting to see some of the NPCs in LA (and elsewhere) rally for battle, for whatever personal reasons they have. The skritt in the tunnels, the raisin-faced child, the racist haggler near the trading post, and, yes, Zommy himself.

The raisin faced child! love it….that’s my favorite thing in LA

14 level 80s All races/professions
Server-Blackgate, are there others?
Some must fight, so that all may be free. —Amora Soulkeeper.

Zommoros

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

zommoros is still in your garrison’s mf in WvW

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Zommoros

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

You know what would be epic? A stand your ground defend event to keep the Forge being overwhelmed. If your group wipes completely, you see the forge getting destroyed, and the exotics and legendaries fly out. If you respawn, the loot its gone. It was there just to tease you.

Because if a Djinn is an a*hole for so long, he stays that way even in death.

Zommoros

Posted by: Name.9625

Name.9625

well if zommoros is as powerful as gw1 djinns then he is like a trashmob… or maybe he is a champ but what would that change…

his whole magical power is to make false promises and steal the people their rare and exotic greatswords

Imagine him spamming Searing Flames again to wipe out an entire group of scarlet with one attack :o
I would watch that for about an hour, nomming on some popcorn

Zommoros

Posted by: Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

Sankofa Jimiyu.1567

You know what would be epic? A stand your ground defend event to keep the Forge being overwhelmed.

This.
In fact, since the area is going to be unsafe anyway. for this to be a Boss level event in the area. Successful defense will allow players to use the forge, and only this forge for crafting Legendary and Ascended items only.

Since the others are offshoots, with the main one under siege, it is likely they may not be able to maintain the ability to craft everything, but things like perquisites and other lower level items.

“Look like the innocent flower, but be the Obaba under’t.”

Zommoros

Posted by: Psientist.6437

Psientist.6437

The nature of the MF and Zommoros’s imprisonment isn’t very clear. The forge in LA could be the central hub for the other forges or all forges could link to some other off world site. There are so many possible ways to set up the mechanics.

We don’t know if the MF will be damaged or destroyed though. Scarlett’s objective may very well be the Mystic Forge. If that is the case she will try to take it without damaging it, which would allow the secondary forges to operate normally.

edit: I wonder if Zommoros would even be on our side…

“No! You can’t eat the ones that talk!
They’re special! They got aspirations.”
Finn the human

(edited by Psientist.6437)

Zommoros

Posted by: kimeekat.2548

kimeekat.2548

You know what would be epic? A stand your ground defend event to keep the Forge being overwhelmed. If your group wipes completely, you see the forge getting destroyed, and the exotics and legendaries fly out. If you respawn, the loot its gone. It was there just to tease you.

Because if a Djinn is an a*hole for so long, he stays that way even in death.

Hahaha, this is wonderful. My boyfriend and I talked about a stand your ground event there last night, so this thread is A+. Maybe if Zommoros can’t appear/project his appearance, he can give out boons for defeating certain waves etc. Or at least project out witty dialogue during the fight. Maybe increased chance for a precursor at the end? I doubt it, but. Cries to self because mystic toilet.

I’d love to fight beside Miyani and the other citizens. I want this so bad. Maybe that Skritt would take me to his new home in the sewers. I wanna live there too, little guy.

Clove Zolan – Bringers of Aggro [Oops] – Blackgate

Zommoros

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

neat ideas, but personally i’d rather see mayani or whatever deactivate the forge, tazer a few aetherblades and high tail it out of lion’s arch..

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish