this event is so dead...

this event is so dead...

in Battle for Lion’s Arch - Aftermath

Posted by: Angryfist.2591

Angryfist.2591

this event like died after like the 2nd or 3rd day on Devona’s Rest server…. i mean they make it impossible to beat if you dont have a ton of people… they need to think these things out abit more imo … and fyi next time dont make mobs like the Menders that heal bosses fully that is one thing that caused people to stop doing the event.

this event is so dead...

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

Yeah I think this event has been a disaster for Anet. Tons of bugs, some of them that has been patched 3 times but still doesn’t work.

Which is quite a shame because they took a long break specifically to iron things out, and it still didn’t do anything.

this event is so dead...

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

I got in, got the achieves, and got out in the first 2 days.

There’s nothing there to make me go back. It wasn’t even fun like the marionette or the rescue which kept me playing on even after I finished.

Playing a totally different game until the next update.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

this event is so dead...

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Fellow DR player here. I feel your pain.

I was actually shocked at the fact we had an overflow on day 1. We typically can’t muster 20 players to run the Queensdale Champ train lol.

Server: Devona’s Rest

this event is so dead...

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Agree 100% with Ghost. Got in early and knocked it all out on day one (before the initial wave of bugs). Replay gets by two major things (for me).

1. Progress halting bugs. It sucks getting your time and performance wasted.

2. Rapid deterioration of able players. I find that the day of launch (and shortly after), I find the best players and overall server compositions. While folks are still figuring out how it all works, this period tends to do very well.

Trying it a week or so later is a pretty big gamble with lack of participation and poor players (no dodge, no DPS, no understanding, etc…).

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

this event is so dead...

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Funny, I have been doing the event a few times a day on TC. Couple times in overflow and even once today with an ANet dev. I’m sorry your luck for finding servers/overflows is so bad, in fact I have failed a few times too, but I’m enjoying the kitten out of this event. I even got Scarlet’s Kiss two days ago.

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

this event is so dead...

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Funny, I have been doing the event a few times a day on TC. Couple times in overflow and even once today with an ANet dev. I’m sorry your luck for finding servers/overflows is so bad, in fact I have failed a few times too, but I’m enjoying the kitten out of this event. I even got Scarlet’s Kiss two days ago.

Devona’s Rest took a massive nosedive in population right before the first season of WvW came out. Basically, a ton of people packed into a few select servers in an attempt to minimize the amount of effort needed to get good WvW rewards.

Now we have a lot of dead and dying servers kicking around that really only see players when big guilds decide they want to guest to them in order to ensure they can fill the map.

They need to consider merging the small servers together.

Side Note: TC is where I guest to when I need Living Story Content.

Server: Devona’s Rest

this event is so dead...

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

I’m on EU Underworld very high population status and we can’t even kill knights on main, not to mention doing 6 minutes achievement, I haven’t seen overflow on this world yet in LA.

this event is so dead...

Posted by: Axiom.6137

Axiom.6137

Can we please retire Living Story now? ANet gave open world, dynamic event driven content three months before they decided to stop ongoing development of DEs to try Living Story instead. Living Story has been ongoing for well over a year now and, no, it has not gotten better. Even with all the flaws, Frost and Flame was the closest to what Living Story could/should have been. We’ve had one or two nice interludes from poor LS events, Bazaar of the Four Winds comes to mind, but the overall concept has devolved on a fairly consistent downward trajectory.

LS isn’t just a failure in content production, but the ramping up of “Adventure by Checklist”, “Jump through hoops for juicy rewards” strategy has killed the game world.

I honestly can not imagine a worse strategy for GW2 ongoing development. LS may have been able to enhance a static, tired, uninspired WoW clone, but it has been an absolute mis-match for the incredible game that was GW2 at launch.

Enough is enough. Do we need to see LS further erode GW2 for another year before the devs wake up?

Now, I’ve been thinking, maybe they feel that they can afford to keep flushing the toilet on the game and rely on an expansion to wash away the damage they’ve wrought? That might have been possible, if the entire Living Story hadn’t retrained the player base to expect a series of levers to push for treats. The core game was all about playing the game the way you wanted to play, with many routes to the same or equivalent rewards. It is now all about completing checklists in a limited period of time for exclusive rewards you can’t get otherwise.

Living Story has been an aggressive cancer destroying an absolutely incredible game. It has been an affront to the original GW2 Manifesto, it has killed participation in the massive game world and it has sucked up all the resources that originally were to be spent on producing a continual stream of Dynamic Events that would have ensured that the game world felt like a living, evolving setting.

Dynamic Events were superb at creating the illusion of a living world. That each zone is still stuck on and endless loop of the same DEs over a year later has destroyed the illusion of life and made the game feel like just another stale theme park.

The frustration with this current story arch’s conclusion would seem a very fitting end to the failure that was the Living Story idea.

Of course, even if they suddenly agreed, we’d be told that we’d still have to put up with another couple months of Living Story that’s already been in the production pipeline. To that I say, just trash it. It’s game killing content and it’s almost entirely temporary content anyway. No one is going to miss it and shelving completed content is acceptable when that content has just been an absolute waste of development resources anyway.

GW2 would have been much better off with no new content than with what we got. That all that time, manpower and money leaves the game with almost nothing to show for it for people logging back in today after taking the last year off should be enough proof that it has been an absolute waste, even if one wants to argue that some people have enjoyed completing their checklists for shinies.

This events needed to be beyond spectacular to bring even a degree of redemption to the entire mess. That it’s just another failure in a string of failed content is just sad in it’s level of appropriateness.

If only they had shown a fraction of the commitment to the core game and it’s design philosophy as they have to LS. They gave up way too quickly on everything they spent 5+ years creating, yet cling to a flawed, sub-par, game killing development strategy with fanatical furor.

I just don’t get it.

this event is so dead...

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Yeah, after this disaster I think the design team who worked on this patch should be moved to trees and shrubbery.