18 Karma for events?

18 Karma for events?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: EthanLightheart.9168

EthanLightheart.9168

I did events today and received 28 and now 18 karma. Why is that? I’m doing many events atm but not the same. Why is the karmagain so drasticallynerfed? Rhis is ridicolous!

18 Karma for events?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: TheDeparted.8013

TheDeparted.8013

DR

/15characters

18 Karma for events?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

“DR” as in “diminishing returns”, not Divinity’s Reach. Its what happens when you have a toon in the same area doing the same event for too long. Its purpose is to prevent or diminish the loot botters get for botting. To rid yourself and your toon of this, simply go to another area briefly and do something. Leaving a toon at an event area so you can log in to it to do the event is a guaranteed way to hit yourself with DR.

18 Karma for events?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bronypowerr.2906

Bronypowerr.2906

Thanks for the explanation

Check out our youtube videos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSJVdPNNuxk

18 Karma for events?

in Dynamic Events

EthanLightheart.9168

That’s not true, If I change the area it still doesnt recover. It just hits after u do a certain amount of events, no matter where, wth is that? Do we get punished for playing? seriously?

18 Karma for events?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

You are incorrect. If you ONLY do that one event, you will see diminishing returns. Remove your toon from the area, do another dynamic event somewhere else. And it DOES matter where- go to a different map. You may notice if you go from a high level event to a low level event (say, Claw of Jormag to Maw), you get less karma, xp, and gold, but that’s because of the level of the event, not because of DR.

The only way to receive 28 and 18 karma for an event is to do them back to back on the same toon without ever leaving the area. Changing toons does matter- it’s toon specific. If I park a toon at Maw and only log into that toon when Maw is up and do the event repeatedly with only that toon, I’ll see less and less karma and loot from Maw.

My guildies and I jump from world boss to world boss, using the timer at gw2stuff. Claw, Shatterer, Fire Ele, Golem Mark 2, Fire Shaman, Jungle Wurm, Frozen Maw, Shadow Behemoth, Ulgoth, etc. And those are just the ones off the top of my head and don’t include temple runs. If we’re going to hit one of these a second time in the same evening, we swap toons so we can still get the event chest (big one, not the small once a day bonus chest). However, before we swap toons, if we did the aforementioned events in order, we’re still getting max karma on each.

18 Karma for events?

in Dynamic Events

EthanLightheart.9168

Well Sinbold. It is not true as said. My Guardian received 18 karma without grinding events and I did change the areas multiple tiems and it stayed so low!

18 Karma for events?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Blanger.3162

Blanger.3162

Well Sinbold. It is not true as said. My Guardian received 18 karma without grinding events and I did change the areas multiple tiems and it stayed so low!

Not sure what is happening to you but I do know that DR is alive and well, case in point in Wayfarer I do the MAW but while waiting I’ll do Wolfmaster as many times as I can for the Karma, first kill it’s around 200 karma, second kill it’s around 150, third kill is in the 90’s, forth kill in the 50’s where it will stay until I leave the area no matter how many more time I kill him. I have found that if I go to Twinspire (sp) and do a little crafting and miss a kill it will go back up to 200 or 150 for the next kill, but a second kill after that will put it back in the 90-50 range until I leave the area.

18 Karma for events?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Karma got nerfed into the ground a few months ago. If you’re really curious about the details, just look up gw2 karma nerf and read away. I remember karma gains were more reasonable, I came into the game during invasions and banked a decent amount of karma I spent on temple gear, only to find myself now barely scrapping by with the little karma I get from world bosses, temples and dailies for obsidian shards to craft my legendary.
Karma gains are just that low currently, in the 2-digit numbers for starting areas like Wayfarer Foothills.

18 Karma for events?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

I returned to the game only in the past month, and I only now noticed how little karma I’ve acquired lately. Talk about the sledge hammer approach to nerfing… good grief. I hate it.