A thousand of people farm World Boss everyday

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sorean.5379

Sorean.5379

…But how many of them actually get a precursor from it?

Since most people do dragon/boss events in hope of an easy precursor,but it does not seems like it,I’ve never seen someone get a precursor from world bosses,maybe once when a guy linked Zap after Maw,but he could be just trolling…(people link The Legend all the time on The Shatterer,and I don’t think shatterer chest drops precursors)

Actually,the only world boss that I think can drop a precursor is Jormag,or he at least have the highest chance,since he doesnt have his own “exotic” (SB: Final Rest,The Shatterer: Kralkatorrik Breath,etc..)

You can see people getting precursors from the Mystic forge everyday,and like 500~ (random number) people try it compared to thousand people farming events.

My point: There is less people using the MF for precursors,but they get it more often than A LOT of people farming world events,unless someone can prove me wrong.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Have you realized why the official term for Zommoros is “Mystic Toilet”?

Because you don’t get anything from it

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Since most people do dragon/boss events in hope of an easy precursor

Actually, I think most people do those knowing they will get free, guaranteed rare items. Doing something for a small random chance to get what you want loses its appeal very quickly.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: FangedTerror.3852

FangedTerror.3852

Haha, guildy got Zap from the maw. Wonder if that was the one you saw. Can’t remember if he was on anvil rock or TC at the time.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

I’ve looted about over 3000 boss chests already since launch and never got a single precursor.

Someone did managed to get Zap from the Risen mobs during cleansing of Temple of Grenth, back when Keeper Jonez was paper.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Since most people do dragon/boss events in hope of an easy precursor

Actually, I think most people do those knowing they will get free, guaranteed rare items. Doing something for a small random chance to get what you want loses its appeal very quickly.

Meaning that they are in effect ecto farming.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’ve looted about over 3000 boss chests already since launch and never got a single precursor.

Someone did managed to get Zap from the Risen mobs during cleansing of Temple of Grenth, back when Keeper Jonez was paper.

If he was paper then what is he now? Dust?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

If he was paper then what is he now? Dust?

Cardboard. Can withstand several AoE attacks more than paper. :P

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Most of the people I know who haven’t bought a precursor, got it from world boss chests. Claw of Jormag in 2 cases.
I’m desperately doing chest events daily in hope something cool drops, but no luck yet.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bartas.4908

Bartas.4908

I got my Precursor as a drop from Trading Post :P

Really, it is more reliable and faster just to grind money for Pre than wait for it to drop. Not saying there are no chances, got plenty of Exos from event chests/bonus chest. Some named ones too but never ever got Precursor.

Proud member of [BOO]
Thief/Necro/Guardian/Mesmer/Elementalist of SFR EU

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Valleria Darkmoon.4506

Valleria Darkmoon.4506

Well I think it’s more because you flush everything down it, in the hopes of polishing your turds.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Well I think it’s more because you flush everything down it, in the hopes of polishing your turds.

Putting lots of raw things and get less but shiny stuff out most of the time is a refinery. Zommoros is a Mystic Toilet thanks to the fact that you don’t get jack crap most of the time.

Seriously, trying to get precursors isn’t fun

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: kahzee.6042

kahzee.6042

Jormag does have an exotic. Jormags breath

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If a thousand people kill a world boss, its something like 800 blues, 150 greens, 49 rares and 1 exotic.

Maybe if you said 10,000,000 I would believe a precursor could drop.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: denny.8350

denny.8350

I got my Precursor as a drop from Trading Post :P

I lol’ed thank you sir.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: TheJalinar.8965

TheJalinar.8965

I run a few world events here and there from time to time and got a precursor a few days again.
I got the the harpoon gun Rage (-__-) after doing Gates of Arah so I didn’t even get it from the pop-up chest but from the big one.
The drop rate on them is just so kitten low that even if thousands of people are running those event daily, I would be surprised if more than 1-2 dropped each day. from those pop-up chests.