@ANet: Why have DR for Karma and Rewards?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

Q:

I pose these question to ArenaNet about rewards for Dynamic Event (DE) rewards.

Why do you have the diminishing returns (DR) system for Karma impacting players across multiple maps?

Is one of your goals with Karma DR to simply slow the rate players, who are actually at their machine playing, receive karma?

How do you want for people to play DEs in order to not be effected by DR systems?

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sanadin.8317

sanadin.8317

There are thousands of us looking for answers to these questions. There has been a ton of confusion and frustration for the players who play for karma related rewards since yesterday’s patch, which had no mention of this massive change. Just looking at all the anger and confusion on the forums (both official and non-official) as well as the sub-reddit, I’m dumbfounded as to why ArenaNet hasn’t communicated with us. I sincerely hope this question will be answered.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: lolitsage.2185

lolitsage.2185

I really love the game though with the inability to be able to farm for a little while without hitting DR just gives me a lack of motivation from even playing anymore.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Abrexus.2910

Abrexus.2910

I just want to throw my 2 cents in. I have read quite a few comments stating this only affects high levels or people who farm. Well, I can say from experience that this is not the case.

My level 20 Necro was finishing up the map in Metrica province and was hit with the DR stick in less than an hour of gameplay.

I am a 46 yo husband and father who is lucky enough to have a wife and kids that give me a few hours uninterrupted once or twice a week to enjoy gaming. It is extremely frustrating to sit down with my office door closed and my cup of joe in hand expecting to spend some time leveling my character only to be hit with this insane system.

I do not feel it is acceptable to punish people who are actively playing the game regardless of how they choose to enjoy it. When I am able to sit down and enjoy a few hours of game time it is unacceptable to me to be punished so that I must change activities or modify my playstyle to accommodate some DR system.

I really have no further comment on this as I still feel Anet needs to explain why this system is in place. Until they do it is all speculation on our part. I will say though that the lack of communication is disheartening. A company should be willing to engage it’s consumers at every opportunity so it can continue to provide a quality product.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

We need some kind of indicator on the UI that tells us that we’re doing too many events per hour and we should go craft or spvp or play a different game or something.

I spent the day looking at how bad the DR is. It seems like I can play normally for about 30 minutes before DR kicks in, then I have to switch to an alt and go gather stuff doing my best to avoid all events. Then I switch back to my main and karma is back to normal for another 30 minutes. At my previous rates I was about 2-3 days away from finishing my legendary. At the best rate I could get today, it looks like I’ll be spending another 15-20 days if I can manage to keep up the motivation to farm with the breaks.

It’s really disappointing because I was looking forward to being one of the first people in the world with a legendary, now it’s going to take so long the race is already over.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

I just want to throw my 2 cents in. I have read quite a few comments stating this only affects high levels or people who farm. Well, I can say from experience that this is not the case.

My level 20 Necro was finishing up the map in Metrica province and was hit with the DR stick in less than an hour of gameplay.

And this Abrexus is the reason there is so much outrage. DR is hitting people who are playing normally. Who have been playing a certain way since they bought the game but now suddenly are getting reduced rewards.

Arenanet not offering any comments on this is making things worse. I originally thought that DR was for dungeons and that in implementing the code they broke the rest of the game. I waited patiently for them to remove DR or fix the bugs or whatever. Then yesterday’s patch not only made things more restrictive but appeared to confirm my worse fear. DR is for the entire game and is here to stay. If this is not the case, why remove one of the methods for resetting it (log out/log in). This is proof that DR is working as designed and is their intent going forward.

So final perplexing thing. If DR is needed, why was it not there at launch or in beta? Why wait until after you have so many people playing/enjoying this game to implement a restrictive, dislike practice?

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cerise.9045

Cerise.9045

I’m kinda hoping the DR is just bugged or wronly implemented, like the dungeon DR giving people 6 tokens instead of 60 on their first clear.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Abrexus.2910

Abrexus.2910

I hope it is just a bug as well. BTW, I want to clarify that for me being level 20 and trying to level my first toon to 80 it affects me with a greatly reduced experience reward as well. For me it isn’t all about the karma, but I imagine it will be eventually if this gets sorted out. I am swiftly losing my desire to try and level my toon with these unnecessary restrictions in place.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lucubration.8361

Lucubration.8361

It is kind of shocking how a reputable company like ArenaNet could first create a worthy successor, then destroy it like this within a couple of months. Guild Wars 2 is going from being a joy to play to being punishing – literally punishing - to play.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Khaldar.7486

Khaldar.7486

I am a 46 yo husband and father who is lucky enough to have a wife and kids that give me a few hours uninterrupted once or twice a week to enjoy gaming. It is extremely frustrating to sit down with my office door closed and my cup of joe in hand expecting to spend some time leveling my character only to be hit with this insane system.

I do not feel it is acceptable to punish people who are actively playing the game regardless of how they choose to enjoy it. When I am able to sit down and enjoy a few hours of game time it is unacceptable to me to be punished so that I must change activities or modify my playstyle to accommodate some DR system.

I really have no further comment on this as I still feel Anet needs to explain why this system is in place. Until they do it is all speculation on our part. I will say though that the lack of communication is disheartening. A company should be willing to engage it’s consumers at every opportunity so it can continue to provide a quality product.

My 14 Warrior Alt was hit with the same DR after 40 minutes or so. It makes no sense to me for everyone to be punished.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

This thread will be closed/deleted and the OP infracted just like I was yesterday. You aren’t allowed to “call out” arenanet or the devs on the forum.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Apart from the call-out detail, there is a very useful thread going around in the GW2 Discussion subforum, here, that deals with the DR. Users are posting their questions and feedback there and it is indeed easier for the dev team to keep an eye on those questions in one thread.

Because of that we will proceed to close this thread now and ask you to visit the other one.
Thank you very much for your understanding.