Are there any "rare" dynamic events?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: one of them.7509

one of them.7509

Q:

One thing I have always loved in terms of dynamic events is the occasional rare one that only happens once in month, 6-month period, etc. I feel like the mindset of “something rare and spectacular could happen at any second in any area” is one that can add sort of a thrilling excitement to logging in and exploring every day.

So do things like this exist to an extent? Most events I have run across have been things I could re-run across in about 30 minutes to an hour. I have yet to get to a high level though, so maybe more rare events exist at higher levels.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Chickenooble.5014

Chickenooble.5014

ArenaNet made mention of some Dynamic Events being more rare than others, but I thought it would’ve been largely based on whether a specific condition had been met prior to triggering. If there’s an NPC screaming, “Hey, I need your help! There’s a giant Hommajigobbity”, and upon talking to that NPC, you don’t pick the, “Good thing I’m a Hommajigobbity slayer!” option, then the event might not trigger… and if no one likes fighting Hommajigobbities, then it could be a long time before that event runs.

As for automatic events which fire every couple months based on some near arbitrary value… hard to say. The game hasn’t been out but a couple of weeks.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sialor.7396

Sialor.7396

Well, given how often events are failed (i.e. almost never) I guess the rare ones are those that follow through the failed chain.

On the other hand there might as well be an event on a 6-month (or even 1-month) clock but how would we know?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Treacle.2654

Treacle.2654

Being an altaholic, I’ve been hanging around the same areas for weeks, and truthfully, I think there are some rare dynamic events. There was one I’d never seen until this morning, in spite of literally spending a few days worth of time in that very area.

Others seem to be as soon as possible.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Some events only happen when you happen to trigger them. Talk to NPCs, listen to them. They don’t always come waving at you, needing your help. There’s an NPC on one of the Shiverpeak zones that, when you stick around for a bit, starts complaining that he’s cold and then an event starts where he needs help killing a bear to make a rug.

One – Piken Square

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Crise.9401

Crise.9401

There is also an event in one of the Shiverpeaks zone’s where an NPC says to meditate on a shrine, and if you don’t talk to her there is no way you are going to figure out that it wants you to kneel in front of the shrine, with an emote, which triggers the event.

And yeah, rare events are most failure states right now because many events do not fail at all.