Battle for Fort Cadence, amazing little detail.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kallanna.3452

Kallanna.3452

I really feel like I need to tell a story about what happened to me at the Chain of Battle for Fort Cadence.
When I arrived, the fort was under attack by the Ash Horizon, and even though it was a group event I figured ‘heh, I’ll get the karma even if I fail’ and went to hit stuff for a little bit. My character is also part of the Vigil, so a part of me wanted to save their outpost.
After a little while I was going to give up, but as I was going to leave I noticed a shield on the floor. It had an inscription. It read:

‘I will hold back whatever evil comes to claim me. I will shield whoever stands behind me. I will not let my post fall. I will not let my people die.’

I went back, died repeatedly, but successfully defeated the Ash Horizon, with the help of someone who came right on the end of the timer.

This little detail was what made me stay.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Shirogatsu.3150

Shirogatsu.3150

That’s why Guild Wars is Guild Wars (:

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dru.6214

Dru.6214

Thanks for sharing. It is the attention to detail the developers have/had and work into the game that I love. Adds another layer of depth to the experience and enables you to feel important and engrossed.

:)