Best server for event chain lvling?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Chaslor.1637

Chaslor.1637

So I just recently came back to gw2 and made a new character after being too busy with college for awhile. Before I left, there were chains of events that I joined in on and it was good exp. I now find that my server is somewhat empty compared to others (a lot apparently left while I was gone). I was just wondering if someone could tell me, with confidence, if their server has a lot of these groups that repeat the chain events? (Right now I’m talking about the ones in the hinterlands, but I’d quickly move to the higher level ones)

Yes, I will go back and do the story and I plan on getting 100% map completion as well, it’s just that right now I’d like to get a lot of levels done and I find the chained events the least mind-numbing of the options.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Thord.2017

Thord.2017

Hinterlands is always well attended on the Desolation Server. Dragons are popular of course. Straita of Devastation on the other hand is sometimes a bit low on numbers. Not sure of other maps, if you can list a few maps you like I’ll take a look for you.

Warrior level 80, Guardian level 80, Ranger level 80, Thief level 80, Elementalist level 60

Server: Gunnars Hold [EU]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

If you’re set on just grinding 1 event chain-

Kessex Hills Bridge+LT’s+boss- 15-35(mob level is 25)
Harathi Hinterlands Northern Centaur Event- 35-55?(mob level maxes at 46 but boss is 43)
Sparkflyfen Teq area Krait+undead gorge- 55-70?(mobs levels are ~66)
Pentinent+Shelters+jofast- 70-80(Mobs are 80+, usually 83/84)

Those are the main ones that I’ve found people doing. You can always toss in crafting to kill a few levels as well. Each profession from 0-400 is worth 10 levels. So if you don’t want to grind Harathi Hinterlands from 45-55 you can just take cooking to 400 or cooking+tailoring to 200.

Also what skills your class has can help determine what level mobs you can kill. In most cases you need to be within 9 levels of the mob to be able to tag it. However, a warrior with a greatsword can tag things outside that range. Same is true for a guardian I believe. Engineers can also go way outside that range via Turrets. Turrets don’t have the same level restrictions that cause misses/immunes so they can hit mobs way above your level. At 45 I could use turrets on level 83’s and tag them solo.

On my engineer I did:

Kessex-15-25
Harathi- 25-45
Sparkfly/orr(as DR hits)-45-60(current level)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Chaslor.1637

Chaslor.1637

Yeah, that’s basically where I was going. Everyone’s suggestion, TC and such, are full all the time so I can’t get a transfer in. I’m trying to do it before the week-long wait time between transfers kicks in.