Buff all low level world bosses

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bunesun.5087

Bunesun.5087

All low level worldbosses:
Shadow Behemoth in queensdale, killed in 30 sec.
Jungle Wurm in Caledon forest, killed in 15sec.
Fire elemental in Metrica Province, killed in 15 sec.
Svanir Shaman in Wayfarer Foothills, killed in 20 sec.

But when the level of the boss rises, the more time it takes for it to be killed:
The Shatterer in Blazeridge steppes, killed in 3-5minutes
Inquest Golem mark II in Mount Maelstorm, killed in 4-6minutes
Tequatl the Sunless in Sparkfly Fen, killed in 4-6minutes.
Claw of Jormag in Frostgorge Sound, killed in 10-25minutes?

Why are the low level ones so easy to kill? They need to be buffed!
The same is with the prevents, sometimes i help as much as i can, but i cant even get bronze….. That is just wrong, it needs to be buffed!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tea Eye Ay.6248

Tea Eye Ay.6248

This. I was at the Great Jungle Wurm encounter a few minutes ago and it died faster than I could even target it. I didn’t get a hit off so I didn’t get a chest either. Very disappointing, ArenaNet.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Leite.9475

Leite.9475

they are still bosses in lvl 1-15 areas… it probably wasnt meant for swarms of 80s to do in the first place …. although i do hope that the better scaling would help with this whenever its implemented

[Faith] – Maguuma ~ Sigzerker

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

They do need to buff the low level bosses. Way too many people there and the bosses going down in a very short time. The whole event can end by the time you hear about it, way port and run over. Or at least take a look at scaling.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

I agree. However, if Anet buffs the bosses they as likely as not will make them like the Orr temples and immortal. Be careful what you ask for from Anet.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

I agree with this. They should scale a bit better. When I’m in Queensdale and some calls that Behemoth is up there’s about 100 people there in mere seconds. And that’s in Ruins of Surmia, which isn’t a high population server.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: JK Arrow.7102

JK Arrow.7102

Wurm definitely needs to scale up better. There are times when the health bar doesn’t show as it takes damage prior to being targeted.

Maw on occaision can go down before people can get hits in.

The others at least have some mechanic that allows them to live a bit longer.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

To quote myself from another thread…

I hope to boost the scaling for some of the other popular events as well, but the large bosses (like the Behemoth, or the dragons) require art and/or engineering work, and can’t be upgraded with a simple content change. They’re on “the list” but I don’t have an ETA for when we’ll be able to update them, sorry!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Xolo.3580

Xolo.3580

Behemoth is the coolest looking boss in the game to me, glad to see he will be less weak in the future.
When you revamp these bosses and events please also take a look at their spawn windows (aka the cost/reward factor). Standing around waiting for a boss to spawn for longer than max 30mins is not fun and I already skip Maw and Jormag Claw because of that.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Stark.1350

Stark.1350

Jeff, I’m very glad to hear its on the list!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: RetiredBard.5294

RetiredBard.5294

This. I was at the Great Jungle Wurm encounter a few minutes ago and it died faster than I could even target it. I didn’t get a hit off so I didn’t get a chest either. Very disappointing, ArenaNet.

This same thing just happened to me. The Wurm was at 25% hp or less when it became targetable, thanks to 80’s spamming their 1 attack manually at its spawn point.

Better scaling sounds good, sure, but I’d argue that the wurm needs to be made invulnerable until it becomes targetable.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If there is a problem buffing the boss, maybe other/more mobs could spawn. Dangerous enough to force the players to stop attacking the boss and kill the adds. This would have the same general effect as buffing the boss.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Albert.5096

Albert.5096

Some low bosses need to be buffed, yes, but dragons need to be reworked.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: KorbanDallas.7389

KorbanDallas.7389

I feel that buffing the low level bosses is kinda a rough idea, because you buff it too much and it’s no longer geared towards what it was originally intended – low level characters. Making the thing scale up in theory would work great, depending on how they did it. Giving it just more health only serves to draw it out in a boring manner.

Easier approach would be to do something to the loot it gives out – not get rid of it, people like getting rewarded for stuff, but make it scale more towards the area you are at (similar to how precursors theoretically require items 7x+ combined to make one in the forge). If it wasn’t as easily profitable then it wouldn’t draw as many of the 80’s farming for cash/legendary fodder. Course, if there wasn’t a reason to farm for legendary fodder in the first place that might do it too…

}——————————-{
http://avsla-gw2.blogspot.com/

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

I feel that buffing the low level bosses is kinda a rough idea, because you buff it too much and it’s no longer geared towards what it was originally intended – low level characters. Making the thing scale up in theory would work great, depending on how they did it. Giving it just more health only serves to draw it out in a boring manner.

When people say buff they mean improve scaling.

And increased health is fine for now, most of them have decent mechanics, but you never see them anymore as scaling is crap in this game.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Akaji.1296

Akaji.1296

If there is a problem buffing the boss, maybe other/more mobs could spawn. Dangerous enough to force the players to stop attacking the boss and kill the adds. This would have the same general effect as buffing the boss.

Jormag is a good example of this – the Champions and buffed-up Veterans that spawn can be brutal, and short of a 75+ zerg they’ll need to be managed to some extent.

I also like that Jormag isn’t an auto-attack encounter (in fact, anyone standing on the ridge auto-attacking Jormag during phase 2 is a dirty filthy leecher). Instead of smacking him upside the head for 20 minutes, you need to deal with the Ice Pillars (and roaming Champions) in order to efficiently damage him.

I’d like to see encounters altered to have more elements like this. Here are some ideas off the top of my head that would make the fights at least somewhat more interesting. I didn’t give them much thought, so I’m not asking for this verbatim or anything silly like that…

• Great Jungle Wurm – lengthen the battle by increasing HP, adding 3 phases where the Wurm retreats mostly underground (taking 10% damage) and Vets/Champs (depending on scale) spawn and must be killed. Basically, turn it into what SB is now, but with Vets/Champs instead of portals and normals, and don’t ever make a boss invulnerable (that’s not a fun mechanic IMO, though Jormag’s wall is a good way of doing it in a less obvious manner).
  • Shadow Behemoth – encourage players to spread out by having SB create Dark Altars (basically pillars) in a pentagon (SB = occult = pentacle) around him that greatly reduce damage taken, e.g. 5 altars with 20% damage reduction each (if all 5 are up, SB takes 0 damage). Scale altar spawn rate significantly with # of players, scale altar health to a smaller extent with # of players (don’t make them obnoxious 2 minute fights! It should be more of a “notice and kill” mechanic, not “notice and spend a lot of time whacking on it”).
  • Frozen Maw – utilize the frozen waterfall behind the Shaman by giving him a second phase, e.g. he retreats (leaps or teleports) towards the waterfall and turns into a dragon or draconic creature. Scale phase 2 health a large amount, and add more dodge elements (e.g. falling ice shards, chilled ground, PBAoE ice spikes, etc.).
  • tl;dr – basically anything that strongly encourages players to attack something other than the boss, but not necessarily things that prevent players from attacking the boss.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Wift.9862

Wift.9862

Anet shouldn’t just buff all low level world bosses. They should buff ALL world bosses.

I remember watching this video of when Tequatl was first shown to the public before the game came out, and I was incredibly hyped, thinking to myself “wow, I can’t wait to coordinate with other players manning and defending turrets, breaking shields, and rezzing npc’s to defeat this large tough epic dragon!”

When I finally fought Tequatl in the real game, I was deeply disappointed, since it didn’t take long for players to realize that Tequatl is so easy, you don’t have to bother with all the dynamics of the fight. All you have to do is simply run up to the dragon and mash all your skills against him. No one gives a kitten about the turrets, the megalaser, or even the huge giant barriers protecting the dragon, simply because there was no point when the boss is so easy.

Sad part of the game is, essentially 90% of all world boss encounters play like this, and anyone expecting any sort decent challenge through the open world part of this game will likely end up disappointed.

IMO, I really think Anet should put increasing the difficulty of these world bosses as very high in their priority list, as these giant world bosses are one of the main attractions to this game, and they are really ruining the image of this game by having these world bosses being so easy.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Rennoko.5731

Rennoko.5731

I get what you are saying about difficulty, but then you get like what the fire elemental was like early on in Metrica, which was a horribly un-fun event that everyone avoided because there was mass death as a result of how hard it become as low levels flocked to the event.

Basically if you make them too hard, no one will do them, and it will cause intense hate as more people come to the events, making them harder, causing you to want to do the event without anyone coming (not the GW2 motto at all).

When you get right down to it, 95% of the people there or more are there for the rare and the chest, nothing more. They could care less about the experience or the challenge. Since so few events in the game area actually rewarding can you really blame them?

The megaboss loot system was flawed from the start, and adding the guaranteed rare just made those lesser traveled events that were hard, even less traveled. At least you can be sure those events will be stacked full of people, making it a “living” world where people still visit the low level zones…. They are just there for the rare and that one waypoint, but its better than nothing.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aylpse.6280

Aylpse.6280

I get what you are saying about difficulty, but then you get like what the fire elemental was like early on in Metrica….

There is a fine line between ignoring the mechanics and “lol guyz Imma fireball NOW DIE!” (Mind you, I feel like the Asura starting zone was “hard mode”)

A fine example is Claw vs Teq. Facing Claw they players MUST take the bombs to the Ice wall because of the debuff.. they MUST help the Golems to speed up the fight in the second phase. Now Teq? Zergzergzergzerg dead. His bone walls? Who cares?! Zerg! Now if Teq had some “Bone Armor” buff where he takes 90% less damage from players when the walls are up, they’d kill them because they cant zerg ’n loot.

Same with the Early bosses, my new Asura cant ever tag the bosses I get thrown in an overflow or its dead before I tag it. It needs a real mechanic to keep these greedy 80’s in ascended gear from two-shoting them. Lowbies can damage them via mechanic, 80s don’t oneshot it because of the mechanic.

Taking the higher moral ground since 1993.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

80s arent two-shotting any of the bosses, the issue is broken scaling. The 80s there are stronger then an appropriate level character, but not that much since they are downscaled. But if the encounter only scales properly until 20 players are reached, 40 players are going to make it a faceroll no matter their level.

A.net needs to allocate resources to improving the scaling mechanics in the game. That includes upscaling event difficulty (both the big fights as well as your regular events, those are faceroll with 10 players too), as well as ensuring the downscaled players are at a proper power level (slightly too strong atm, imo).

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The only real problem is the wurm, since it seems way more frail than the others and because you can hit it before it finishes spawning.

Also, the Shatterer needs to be able to attack sideways, since almost all its attacks can currently be avoided by standing next to it (all the dragons were clearly intended to be fought head-on, but Tequatl can attack sideways and there’s no real way to attack the Claw from the sides).

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

The Great Jungle Wurm is a critical issue. 30 minutes after the server reset, the wurm got taken down so quickly before it fully rose. No one was awarded contribution bonus nor the chest.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

The only real problem is the wurm, since it seems way more frail than the others and because you can hit it before it finishes spawning.

You can hit it with AoE spells… Not with normal attacks. And there’s the major problem. If you don’t have AoE spells (because you’re melee and your weapons need a target, remember, this is a low-level boss, people might not have all their secundary skills unlocked), you might as well not even try because you can’t get a hit in anyway.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

You can hit it with AoE spells… Not with normal attacks. And there’s the major problem. If you don’t have AoE spells (because you’re melee and your weapons need a target, remember, this is a low-level boss, people might not have all their secundary skills unlocked), you might as well not even try because you can’t get a hit in anyway.

Before they buffed it, you could just stand next to it and mash 1 and it would still do damage. I never had any trouble tagging the wurm that way.