Champ Train. scam about "sniping" being a ban

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

Ok so I heard something kinda iffy sounding today at best. a couple of people who won’t be named(because that’s not the point of this) said that “if you see someone sniping a champ in the champ train, take a screenshot and report them as this counts as harassing the train.” I don’t believe this to be true. but just to make sure, I would like an official answer on this from anet, so that I can put this to rest once and for all.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I’ll call Boolah on those people. You can’t report someone for completing an event properly. Well I should say, they CAN report you, but you have nothing to fear. You are not harassing players by completing. Now if you go off saying something like “I broke your stupid insert as many 4 letter words as you can think of champ train” then sure. But just coming across a champ and killing it, you should be good.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

in Dynamic Events

Warlock.7136

ok. yes I am aware of the tos. “any insultive or harassing behavior” that’s not what this was about. ty for confirming my suspicions. but I fear this won’t end without an official confirmation of this on the forums where everyone can read it.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

If I were you I’d keep on doing it. Then wait for them to get so angry at you that they send you vulgar PMs and you can then report them for harrassment.

I partake in such trains and I don’t like it when people ‘snipe’ but I’m not going to harrass or make up rules just cause I don’t like it.

in Dynamic Events

Warlock.7136

yeah the situation that spawned this question was coming across a 50% dead oak and helping to finish him off. I don’t snipe but I refuse to miss something that’s already going down.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Events are placed across Tyria for all to enjoy and partake.

If you run across the Champ Oak up and wish to solo him down, by all means do it. That is well within your rights as a hero of Tyria.

If you are bragging about breaking the train or other such behavior, it will not be looked at nicely from ANet’s POV.

Neither will harassing those who are completing events as they come across them. I’ll report anyone who is harassing others in Queensdale just because they feel ‘their’ train was broke.

in Dynamic Events

Warlock.7136

ty for your response. yeah as I said in a post above. there was no “harassing or insulting,or bragging” I came across a 50% dead oak. helped the group there that felled him. was told by some members of the train that they had “taken a screenshot and reported me for harassing the train by sniping it” they kept saying anet said this was allowed in some mystery forum post, that they couldn’t provide when asked. so I’m hoping I can get a calm post about this not being true from an anet official. so that the next time it comes up I can gently send people to the forum post about it.

(edited by Warlock.7136)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

You can take that as a threat and report it as harassment.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Nobody owns open world mobs. Anyone can kill them or help to kill them. Anyone who helps to kill them gets part of the reward. The same happens for event rewards. The same happens for resource node rewards. This is the design philosophy.

End of story. It is not possible to ‘snipe’ an event as the event exists for anyone to complete whenever they want. Nothing is stolen as nothing is ever owned.