Claw of Jormag Unplayable

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: bluejay.6739

bluejay.6739

I tried the Claw of Jormag event tonight for the first time in a while and was stunned at how bad this event has become.

The lag was so terrible that no one could even tell if they were attacking. None of the phases of the event even occurred. This used to be my favorite event of the game because it actually took some effort. This time the entire even lasted less than 5 minutes and no one could even be sure if they were doing anything. None of my attacks seem to actually fire and the poor dragon just set there stunned and died a minute or two latter.

I could understand if this was at launch, but having such an abysmal failure of an event occur this many months after the game was released is ridiculous.

To a lesser extent, almost all of the events in the game suffer from similar problems. Events mean nothing if they are over in seconds and lag prevents anyone from participating.

I don’t care about grind or no grind, if ANet has changed their philosophy or not, drop rate nerfs, or any of the mess you usually see complaints about on these forums. But when you can not PLAY the game because of such severe server lag, the game has no value in my opinion.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

This happend to me with the shadow behemoth….total kitten IMO.

Seriously what is going on with these dynamic events now???

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

Is this a cleverly veiled attempt at praising ANet’s recent changes to loot which has resulted in a much larger amount of players participating in world events? Claw of Jormag used to take at least 15 minutes to kill. Less than 5 minutes implies an overwhelmingly large zerg of players. That would explain the lag.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Is this a cleverly veiled attempt at praising ANet’s recent changes to loot which has resulted in a much larger amount of players participating in world events? Claw of Jormag used to take at least 15 minutes to kill. Less than 5 minutes implies an overwhelmingly large zerg of players. That would explain the lag.

I also ran CoJ event and it sounds to me as if its either the same run as the OP or worse another that suffeed all the same effects.
With all the culling going on it was difficult to determine if there was a large zerg or not, add to that the game was at standstill for large chunks of it, FPS dropping to very low single digits most of the time with the odd spike up to about 10FPS max…
Jourmag has either been smacked with it own nerfbat or these events have just become lame beat em ups for quick loot fixes cos of the months of poor loot drops.
Even if there was a large zerg group (wasn’t there always one!!) the event should upscale with difficulty based on the increasing numbers coming into the event zone but now these dragon events and likely others are simply kittened imo.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

It sounds like more of a performance issue than a network issue. I can’t imagine everyone experiencing the same thing since someone must be damaging Claw of Jormag for him to die so quickly.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Its because of guesting and the new rewards system for boss chests. Last run on Claw of Jormag we killed him after the walls drop the first time, then his health reset to ~50% and he crashed into phase 3 where he was instantly killed as the zerg ran down the hill before he had done anything. I just constantly mashed 12345 and sometimes the skills worked and fortunately I got credit. Not everyone did.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I did it and the Shatterer for the first time in a couple of months and the lag was horrible. Not only that, I had a really hard time getting either dragon as a target. I kept hitting tab (for target) or trying to click on it to get it as a target. I did get gold each time so I obviously did enough damage but that, along with the lag which made the whole scene look like a freeze frame disco instead of a video game, made the events difficult.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Traveller.7496

Traveller.7496

It’s the same on all the dragon events now. And it’s not a performance issue (on the player side), it’s purely because the improved loot has brought out so many people trying to do these events and the game can’t handle such masses. Skills won’t work, there’s huge lag all the time and people aren’t sure if they’re doing anything on the boss.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Anka.3675

Anka.3675

Does guesting bypass the only one chest per character and event flag? If not, I don’t see how guesting is an issue, and if it does it sounds like a bug to me.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Holesale.2640

Holesale.2640

I did a guild mission today our first one, in Spark Fly about the same time Tequatl spawned and the lag was insane we couldn’t do anything….did i mention we were on the other side of the map..its ridiculous.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

As I have been known to say before, making any event where the drops are in one place from a set event that can be timed will lead to exactly what is happening now- hundreds of people park toons at the spawn point and log in at the spawn time, kill whatever it is, open chest, take loot, switch back to other toons. Now the rewards are improved the whole server (pretty much) will be doing it.

These are supposed to be ‘dynamic’ events, so the first step would be to make them spawn at RANDOM times through the day, not ‘Tequatl will spawn at exactly 6.32pm, 1000 toons will pop up a minute before, and at 6.34pm boss is dead and toons logged off, one rare or whatever richer.’ Who ever heard of evil nasty dragons appearing to a set pattern? Where’s the lore or gameplay in that?

If you want to improve things, make the drop rate of rares, precursors and exotics better from normal mobs outside of Orr, and REDUCE drop rates on mobs at events, so people are forced to spread out if they want drops.

And make all event timings RANDOM so people can’t just pop from one to another in a set pattern tagging mobs by aoe, etc.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

When you look around and see 30 people, there’s actually around 100-300 people. All these people combined lag the zone. All MMOs suffer from a large amount of people in the same area, so without giving an incentive to break up, the problem will probably persist.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

Well in a resont interview regarding wvw that talked about culling and said that they got pramition to up there bandwith. Lets hope it carrys over to pve as well. Along with the culling fix

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Twaddlefish.6537

Twaddlefish.6537

I an advocate of the upgraded loot table, provided it be changed to once a day per account and guests don’t get access to them.

It’s kittening Gandara, Shatterer was pretty much unplayable at 10am on a Saturday morning.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

Why not just make all 3 dragons spawn at the same time if random isnt possible? that’d thin out the herd of dragonsmackers somewhat as they’d have to constantly switch between the spawns(though some would probably just park different alts at each instead to save time).

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Have overflows for the Dragon zones… it would work wouldn’t it?

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

Overflows are their own servers. The dragon event won’t be occurring in the overflow.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

Yep, its so ridicoulous its actually awesome, there are so many people that waiting for the spawns have become my favorite “social” moment in gw2

Lag is terribad, good thing we dont have to move or use more than 1 skill while fighting those things

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

I kind of agree it’s a cool thing. Usually I’m so busy playing the game pushing a million buttons a minute, there was never any time to chat with guildies. Now while waiting on some windows, I actually get a chance to chill out and relax a bit and not always be immersed in a battle with something as it’s generally impossible to run around or do anything without drawing aggro. Reminds me of FFXI HNM windows. At least we’re not battling other guilds for the claim in GW2, that would be a nightmare

~Tarnished Coast~

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

I second the lag!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

It is unplayable. We need some hugeness of Luck to get it without the overflow..

By the way, overflow MUST be another server. The events as the Jormag does not happen in same time in overflows. Also it’s very hard some friends call us to go to Jormag when it’s impossible to get there without overflow, unless we all join overflow and wait for another.

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Does guesting bypass the only one chest per character and event flag? If not, I don’t see how guesting is an issue, and if it does it sounds like a bug to me.

Because of the timings with the dragons, people are checking all timers and jumping from one to the next so that there is no down time between dragons and then jumping off to do other bosses. And no I believe it doesn’t bypass it.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

I don’t have any problem with lag, but the guesting thing needs to be looked at or at least reassessed and seen if this is being used for it’s intended purpose.

Was guesting’s purpose for players to use their mains and all their alts to mine all the ori they can, farm all the chest they can and then just go about their way or was guesting intended for something else?

If it was intended for something else, then changes need to be made, otherwise, farm away I guess.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Maylojager.1307

Maylojager.1307

You can help the lag by not participating. If you are willing to do anything to fix this issue – begin with yourself and do not go there, so that others have better experience.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

I don’t have many if any lag issues at the dragons. Well at least not Claw. I have had lag at Shatterer though. Nothing as bad as what you guys are describing. I have noticed a lot more people at the dragons. It’s pretty awesome. People seem a lot more open to talking now.

(edited by Panda Shepard.1248)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: lorenzo.3649

lorenzo.3649

Guesting is a good idea, but as many have said already people are using the GUESTING system to farm the Dragons. An idea would be if you decide to go to another server you are not allowed to get a chest from the main events and the problem would be solved.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: lorenzo.3649

lorenzo.3649

One more thing is if you want to farm the Dragons stick to your server.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zappix.7928

Zappix.7928

I too have noticed this. None of my skills would activate and I tell you the lag was like the Karka event. It was unplayable and Jor Jor just sat there doing nothing but getting hit on. We brought him down in around 5 minutes also.. Although I praise Anet for the change to loot and the idea to spread people around the map. It’s not working out so good. O.O

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Reaver.9256

Reaver.9256

Move to a smaller server. Your server population is too high and the loot is too good to pass up.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Resonance.4216

Resonance.4216

Lol this was ridiculous last night in Blackgate. We beat him within 4 minutes, took no damage and got a kittenty end chest.

So you know, as per usual.

Elementalist of Oceanix [OCX]
http://www.oceanix.com.au

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

I feel like the population caps on these maps need to be lowered because it’s pretty clear none of the servers seem capable of providing a quality experience when so many players are merging on a single event. I’d rather have a cool 10 – 20 man fight with an outdoor boss than the chaotic mess plaguing the game now.

I’m not suggesting a map only allow 20 players on it, but they need to add a larger window to these spawn timers to discourage camping and shut down nearby waypoints to these events whenever they begin, which will eliminate people quick-traveling in. That will cut down on the numbers participating in the battles a bit.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Its not just the actual event that’s a mess now, when it ramps up the servers themselves are begiing to lag all over the place.. chat delays, text box delays, movement stutters, PS drops, spind breaks, skill delays… all over the particular map not just in the event zone.. its getting stupid with all the camping gping on.
These kind of events have become a complete joke and cheapens the whole experience… in General discussion there is some camper who is promoting an event timer tool … surely ANET have to realise they are killing their own game with this slapdash, knee jerk decision making in order to keep the “Loot Loot Loot” brigades happy.

EDIT – My god now they have brought their timer tools advertising to the forums as well…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Moonshain.2647

Moonshain.2647

Me and 4 or 5 people killed the Shatterer today so…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

It’s happening on every mass event. Shadow Behemoth, every dragon. Unplayable game, kicked out at middle relogging on overflow losing your chest (assuming you hit him), etc.
Same crap of Karka event, no improvement has been made by Anet to the game’s performance, we have the same crap of day1. I just lost my Tequatl chest yesterday with this problem, kicked out at 40%, no skill was working, walk was impossible. Karka event, shortly, lol

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)