Claw of Jormag mob farming nerfed

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ghostwheel.4825

Ghostwheel.4825

The mobs spawned by Claw of Jormag no longer have a drop pool. Combined with not being able to target the wall has the event turned into a giant furry kitten in the kitten. Congrats I guess?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hermod.1823

Hermod.1823

Getting 1 or 2 lodestones every 20th event was just too rewarding, dont forget that you get awesome blue and sometimes green drops from the chest.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

No farming allowed. No dosh allowed. You must buy gems to progress.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Seems there is a ongoing process to remove loot from the open world.
Loot bug(feature)
Plinx
Jormag
Grenth

You are only allowed to get good loot in Fotm

All is vain.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Loot bug(feature)

What is this feature you speak of?

Grenth

I haven’t been in Orr in ages, did they remove drops from Grenth trash as well?

(edited by Iehova.9518)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Blackwolfe.5649

Blackwolfe.5649

I guess they wont be happy until 100% of their playerbase runs FoTM 100% of the time.

Colin Johansen casts – Working As Intended
Colin Johansen hits you for 239407889 damage
Game over

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

I had heard they made changes to make Jormag somehow even more boring than before but I didn’t believe it.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hermod.1823

Hermod.1823

You are only allowed to get good loot in Fotm

There is good loot in FOTM? All I get is green Armageddon stuff, regardless of the level. And when I get an exotic it’s account bound.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lootin.5709

Lootin.5709

Claw is now a crap fest, used love doing it cause i would get a bag full of stuff during the event from the mobs, now for every 15 i kill im lucky to get anything to drop

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

Yes. Did it yesterday and I can “happily” say I got 4 blues and a green…

YAAAAYYY……………………………………………………………………………………………………..

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Why is this arenanet’s response to everything? An event that can be farmed, nerf it. This just beggars belief.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Evil.7529

Evil.7529

Sooo, none of the mobs surrounding the crystals drop anything anymore? Or, was it just the ice elementals spawned near the cannons during the fight that got the nerf hammer?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Death Reincarnated.3570

Death Reincarnated.3570

I got a rare rampager’s hammer of debility from the champion – forgot his name. Got 1-2 crafting items from the ice elementalts. Overall I didn’t pay much attention to the mobs throughout the event.

Proud member of Legion of Honour XIII

Do not click this link!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

I’m really afraid of saying this, but… me and my guildmates have found out that conquering the Gates of Flame with Razen the Raider in Fireheart Rise yields a lot of nice loot. Especially if paired with 2 CoF runs after it.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Argantes.3926

Argantes.3926

The mobs spawned by Claw of Jormag no longer have a drop pool. Combined with not being able to target the wall has the event turned into a giant furry kitten in the kitten. Congrats I guess?

Yep, the whole thing now feels like an “epic” quest to destroy the evil ice shield (while killing some dragon in the process), woo-yawn-hoo. Not to mention the second bug, that Claw doesn´t crashland after being brought under 50% HP all the time, but you have to waste your time on his non-targetable ice shield one more time quite often. Because bashing the ice barrier with your head is what everyone came there, right?

Sooo, few suggestions for Anet guys:
- fix both bugs (non-targetable ice shield and Claw ignoring the 50% HP spot)
- on the hill phase, reduce HP of ice shield and/or expand the vulnernability window on dragon.. you know, wasting 10 minutes on barrier to get 30 seconds for dragon isn´t fun at all
- increase the drop chance from adds again

PS: doing the event as I´m writing this:

cca 5 minutes on crystals – ok
cca 30 minutes of boredom/horror on ice shield – o m g
cca 5 minutes on boss himself (but this depends on ice pillar spawn)

you get the picture, at least I hope so…

(edited by Argantes.3926)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Dagrin the Ethereal.8371

Can we please get a chime in from A-net, whether or not there is a fix in the works for the ice shield issue? I can see perhaps making the shield less vulnerable makes sense (albeit not a way to improve the fun IMO), but why place it below the surface so that it is difficult to even target? I have also noticed a decided lack of confirmation that myself or any of my guildies are even hitting the shield (i.e. damage indicators not showing up when you hit/shoot at the ice shield.)

Dagrin – Master of the downed state

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: laibros.3490

laibros.3490

It seems that Claw of Jormag was stealth updated again or build manager do not know what is in his build. ;-)

What is probably changed.

1. Ice (knockback) claws do have different pattern now…no nearly save spot in the middle, the claws cover wider area and the pattern has a few variations.
2. Ice shards do have bigger AOE damage and now the save “charzooka” spot is affected by this AOE damage.
3. I’m receiving also almost no loot from ordinary elemental (this is speculation). I was asking and majority of ppl got claws. The Veteran still drops various loot…I got maybe one blue from normal elemental and that’s was all (apart of a few claws). DR wasn’t definitely in effect. I was in Frostgorge only for a while.

Overall the event is longer and it also seems that the loot table for a chest could be improved. I need to play more Jormag events..but I got three rares and other people got quite a lot rares too. It’s again speculation but the event is changing somehow and nobody is giving any piece of information. Build manager either do not have an idea what’s inside or Anet is trying to do something about this event. Improve the chest rewards and decrease the gain from mob farming part..it’s fine but must be worthy of players time.

P.S. the ice wall is still bugged.
P.S.2 I might be wrong but from my observation it looks really different.
P.S.3 It would be good if someone would be able to check that too.

(edited by laibros.3490)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Raebfle.5914

Raebfle.5914

I’m really afraid of saying this, but… me and my guildmates have found out that conquering the Gates of Flame with Razen the Raider in Fireheart Rise yields a lot of nice loot. Especially if paired with 2 CoF runs after it.

I typically end up with 20-30 ritual bags plus other mat drops.

However, that is when I can be bothered to stand in the bridge for 5 minutes wailing on crap. Typically though I can’t, and it’s even more frustrating when you open it, run path 1 and go to start path 2 but it’s contested again >.<

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

lol@dragons in this game. Anet should ask Mr. Dragon’s Dogma/Demon’s+Dark Souls how to make epic and rewarding dragons.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lucky.3298

Lucky.3298

nope they don’t need to ask.
seems they have a usual f2p game strategy = need something then buy it at item shop.
I quite many games like that and feel like GW2 will be the next, shame I was sure it’s not a same kind of game…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: AmeliaLau.3674

AmeliaLau.3674

I hate the changes to Jormag. I just spent 30+ minutes fighting an ice shield. I wouldn’t mind the shield too much if I was able to target it and not have to use the crappy dps charzooka. Jormag glitched out when we got him under 50% and made us fight the ice shield again. I almost did a /ragequit, but I thought, “No, I should stick this out and maybe I’ll get some good loot.” Wooooooot for 4 blues and a green! Totally worth my time…

Ya know, I might’ve fought the dragons the first few times out of sheer awe and enjoyment, but now there is absolutely no reason for me to continue doing it. It serves no purpose whatsoever. It’s a pain and extremely boring.

I don’t know why they changed it, I don’t understand why it needed to be changed. Seriously, if the drop rate is too high, adjust that. But screwing the whole event is just ridiculous.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

The loot from Jormag is a joke anyway… the last 10 – 15 times all I’ve received is blues/greens.. better drops off trash mobs.

Why the hell would A-net make this event such a joke and waste of time. Dragons should drop decent loot – this is the way thing should work. Loot encourages people to spend 30 minutes fighting… the event is not changing or getting any better so why the hell else should we participate in this event?

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Ive only recently started doing Jormag in the last two weeks. I get a loadstone once about every 5 times I do the event. Although it doesn’t really bother me. I do the dragon events because I enjoy them, not because of the rewards. Most of the major events seem to be about the same with rewards.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: edjahman.9104

edjahman.9104

It’s things like this that make you wonder WTF are we doing playing. Are we having fun or are we supporting a company through creepy forced payments.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: han.9042

han.9042

So, who here hasn’t missled that poor moa yet?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

What I’m most confused about is this:
We band together to take on a freeking Ice Dragon. This is a section of what the game’s lore is built on. When you remove the rewards or make them just crazily crap, that emphasis and excitement behind taking it down disappears.

After I thought about this though, it left me to think, this is probably all in the run up to new dragons through paid expansions. Want better loot? Go buy our new dragon expansion – the new dragon drops decent loot. The other 3 that are already in game are just “4 dEh LuLz”

Only make sense the way they nerf everything to kingdom come!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cushnahan.7058

Cushnahan.7058

Finally!

I was getting bored of everyone hangin’ about him all the time and randomly insulting me if I did the event!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I did it yesterday for the first time in over a month. Got three items from its mobs and 4-5 blues 1 green from chest. This was the last time i ever do a dragon.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Auri El.1032

Auri El.1032

Best option IMO is to decrease the frequency of the event or make the chest lootable once a day and then improve the drop rates for the chest so as to keep it from being exploited.

CERN

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: voyager.4982

voyager.4982

Shhhh…dangit. No need to get that one nerfed too.

in Dynamic Events

voyager.4982

Getting 1 or 2 lodestones every 20th event was just too rewarding, dont forget that you get awesome blue and sometimes green drops from the chest.

Funniest post of the week. Albeit last week.

The rewards wouldn’t even be so bad except the length of those phases is mind-numbingly long. At the least shield phase needs to be a separate event with its own rewards.

As it is, you can pretty much sit out that entire phase and get exactly the same rewards for 5 minutes on the last phase that someone else got for all 30+ minutes doing both phases.

Not that I would do that, but the rational thing would be to intentionally arrive 25 minutes after the event starts. The whole event needs re-evaluation.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lechtrixx.1053

Lechtrixx.1053

I can tell you exactly why it was “nerfed” if you want to call it that.
Instead of an event, too many people were making it a long, drawn out
farm fest. That destroys the spirit of the game and what it was meant to be.
For crying out loud, I was at one of the Claw of Jormaq events for more than
24 HOURS. That’s a mindless waste of time just seeing people waiting for the “trash”
to spawn while the hapless pact wears down the wall. Even when the wall went down,
the “farmers” stood there and did NOTHING toward assaulting the dragon.
I challenged the group of people there to do something to expedite the event ..
the shame was, they were more interested in farming the elementals.

It’s the same way for many of the dynamic events.
Too many “farmers” turning this into some malign way of making gold from drops
and managed to turn what would otherwise be challenging/rewarding events
into a worthless job that can’t put food in your mouth.

You, not ANet have managed to destroy the game.

Dru Windshadow: Human: Ranger lvl 80
San Twocut: Human Thief lvl 80
Djorn Wolfson: Norn Guardian lvl 80

in Dynamic Events

voyager.4982

24 HOURS.

That’s news to me (even ignoring that it appears to be pretty bold hyperbole). In my experience the event takes longer now than it used to, but it’s never taken longer than 40 min.

In any case, even if it were as bad as you state, nerfing the drops wasn’t the only viable option. They could have had killing vet/champ adds more directly impact event completion (improving NPC damage on wall, eliminating the randomness of stalagmites popping right in front of bomb-bots), or they could have simply put a timer on the event so that it can actually fail.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

24 HOURS.

That’s news to me (even ignoring that it appears to be pretty bold hyperbole). In my experience the event takes longer now than it used to, but it’s never taken longer than 40 min.

In any case, even if it were as bad as you state, nerfing the drops wasn’t the only viable option. They could have had killing vet/champ adds more directly impact event completion (improving NPC damage on wall, eliminating the randomness of stalagmites popping right in front of bomb-bots), or they could have simply put a timer on the event so that it can actually fail.

Pretty sure the farming was done during stage 1 when you have to destroy the ice shards (prior to the wall going up). That would explain the long drawn out process and elemental farming among other things. If they were to do anything, the fail timer would need to be in this stage. Although that can be a problem as Ive spent alot of time soloing this stage before people arrive. Ive started this sequence and spent the first 15 minutes solo and not getting far, but by the end of the event seen 100+ people. I think this would make the fail timer a little problematic.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

I can tell you exactly why it was “nerfed” if you want to call it that.
Instead of an event, too many people were making it a long, drawn out
farm fest. That destroys the spirit of the game and what it was meant to be.
24 HOURS. That’s a mindless waste of time just seeing people waiting for the “trash”
to spawn while the hapless pact wears down the wall. Even when the wall went down,
the “farmers” stood there and did NOTHING toward assaulting the dragon.
I challenged the group of people there to do something to expedite the event ..
the shame was, they were more interested in farming the elementals.

It’s the same way for many of the dynamic events.
Too many “farmers” turning this into some malign way of making gold from drops
and managed to turn what would otherwise be challenging/rewarding events
into a worthless job that can’t put food in your mouth.

You, not ANet have managed to destroy the game.

You realize if Actual loot dropped in open world off Mobs, these events wouldn’t have gotten farmed, they’d be too busy killing mobs and getting loot (you know like a proper MMO does), but no the whole game needs to have loot removed and everyone must buy Gems?

All this will do is end the populations even more than they are now..

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Its pretty sad when a decent concentration of mobs is more desirable than the dragon-kill chest.

Kinda suggests the Claw of Jormag chest loot table is… lacking.

I think there is someting to be learned from the champion chests in the Mad King’s labyrinth. Once-per-day-per-character, and a not terrible chance of getting an exotic (call it 4%).

You use that benchmark for the dragons and people can STOP pounding it 4 times a day (because you only get the loot once per day) and start looking forward to actually doing it a few times over the course of a week.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

Its not so much farming. Some of us are looking for a better weapon that what we have.

I’ve noticed the drops getting worse over time also. I also stopped combining items in the Mystic Forge, because for me it has just become a waste of items to sell to a merchant for a few silver.