Contested Temples and Lodestone Availability

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

From what I understand in regards to the Temples in Orr, if they are deactivated, elementals are spawned instead of undead Risen mobs around the smaller corresponding temples. In theory, the reason why lodestones cost a freak-ton more than they were before is the availability of mobs that you can kill. Though, I suppose the banhammer-wave of bots might contribute to that, another factor to consider is the availability of the contested Temples in Orr.

I know that I rarely ever see Dwayna and Melandru uncontested ever since Fractals came out, which means that there are hardly any high-level air and earth elementals, respectively, to farm. When I do see those temples deactivated, it’s usually deactivated for a short time. Then it gets taken back by the Risen.

I’m not sure what the exact amount of time those temples remain open once they have been claimed by the Pact, but it does feel somewhat shorter (either that or I just don’t play at the right times).

I suppose this could also apply to Balthazar but I do think that those temples should be open a little bit longer than their intended period of time. That way, we don’t have to be rushing to buy our Obsidian Shards or farm surrounding elementals for Lodestones. Either that, or people should be more aware of the benefits of keeping those temples defended when the Risen do decide to attack them.

Anyone want to pitch in on this? Does this make sense somehow?

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

(edited by Ari Kagura.9182)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

I usually play during the night hours, until the early morning.

I almost never get a chance to farm air elementals, because no one wants to go take the temple of Dwayna that late at night. Theres barely enough people in the cursed shore for the bigger events.

I find this very frustrating. It would be okay if there was a place to always farm air elementals, and controlling the temple spawned another location of mobs or something. But the way it is now, A-net is basically saying, “Sorry, you dont play during peak hours so you are not allowed to farm for the Lodestones you need”.

Its really annoying, especially since the Fractals patch that took all the players out of Orr.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Fractals are ruining this game… it used to be great fighting along side, and helping others… now it’s just me trying to solo Orr.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Its because people are stupid. They’d rather take Grenth’s temple and forget every other temple.

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: edjahman.9104

edjahman.9104

Myself and my wife went to cursed shore only to find it empty and there is no way in kitten we can do the events alone….depressing.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Sanctum of Rall Temple is uncontested right now, get your shards people, and have a merry Xmas!

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

I usually play during the night hours, until the early morning.

I almost never get a chance to farm air elementals, because no one wants to go take the temple of Dwayna that late at night. Theres barely enough people in the cursed shore for the bigger events.

I find this very frustrating. It would be okay if there was a place to always farm air elementals, and controlling the temple spawned another location of mobs or something. But the way it is now, A-net is basically saying, “Sorry, you dont play during peak hours so you are not allowed to farm for the Lodestones you need”.

Its really annoying, especially since the Fractals patch that took all the players out of Orr.

I do agree that Fractals is probably a big cause for all of this. Everyone wants to go in an get their Ascended rings since it’s the “cool thing” to do. Hopefully, Ascended items becomes available in other parts of the game so that the high-level player population is more spread out. At least give people a reason to go back to Orr again.

Alternatively, it would nice if there are other places to farm elementals for these lodestones. Personally, I’ve tried farming the small patch of Air Elementals in the Diedre’s Steps jumping puzzle in Mt Maelstrom, but I think the drop rate is just as pitiful, the mobs aren’t plentiful, and don’t respawn fast enough to make any meaningful progression. I can’t think of any other locations that has Air Elementals or Sparks which could be farmed for Lodestones (or even Cores would be sufficient).

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I think there is an underlying problem in GW2 that this relates to. The server population size, not just what it does support but what it can support, is not relative to the map size. The players are too spread out and it leaves people feeling like “their server is dead” or “the game is dying”. There are alot of players, like myself, who don’t bother going to places like Orr because everytime we have been there, there is no one around. At best you might run into one or two people. There is no point in this for a gamer like myself. Yeah I run solo mostly, but at the end of the day I want to be involved in group events with an actual group. Orr doesn’t provide this mid and lower level areas do. They might be less rewarding gear/loot wise, but I enjoy it more. I can handle myself in Orr, I have 4 level 80s, but like I said Im not just here for the loot, Im here to play the game and work with others.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zookeeper.2513

Zookeeper.2513

Fractals are ruining this game… it used to be great fighting along side, and helping others… now it’s just me trying to solo Orr.

Have to agree. Ever since Fractals was released the world population has dropped. Orr is a ghost town hence none of the world events ever get done. Rarely now do I see any temple uncontested. Even Lost Shore has no one in it minus the occasional farm group killing Karca’s. Everyone is in LA spamming for Fractals or waiting on the Dragons to respawn.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

If you want groups make a group, it’s not hard to collect a few people if you open your mouth :p You can do everything with just 5 people.

I had a feeling ascended gear would break things, meh :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Even if the temple is open for 3-4 hours. You can farm that same mob for an hour and get hit with DR and find nothing.

I have never dropped a lodestone all the times ive farmed there. I have 2 from fractals. 248 more to go and ive been playing for 3 months. Ill have a legendary when im 80. 80 years old.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

Even if the temple is open for 3-4 hours. You can farm that same mob for an hour and get hit with DR and find nothing.

I have never dropped a lodestone all the times ive farmed there. I have 2 from fractals. 248 more to go and ive been playing for 3 months. Ill have a legendary when im 80. 80 years old.

for just a $1000 you can get those pesky lodestones right now. That’s right!

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU