Crash and Chests

Crash and Chests

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Thuran.7624

Thuran.7624

Right, as most probably know, the recent patch made world events almost unplayable, and getting through them a miracle, usually doable by simply looking away from the boss and trying to have as little on screen as possible.

However, ever since the patch, the game has been freezing up and crashing constantly, which is annoying yes, but that is for another forum.

However the thing that really pisses me off, is how a crash will result in you losing ALL credit for a boss event, even if you have done the entire event! I have had dragon fights which i have waited around for and joined at the very start crash on me at 15%, TWICE TODAY, and in both cases it resulted in getting no credit at all for the kill, and losing the chest at the same time!

So, while it would be nice if Anet could find a way to make the game more stable, It would also be nice if they could at least for starters adjust the way chests work, so that people who get DCed or crash, or freezes up arent denied access to the chest they worked for. Any chance we can see something done in this department? Maybe adjust the criteria for being eligible for a chest?

World bosses are already very unfun to play as the situation is, the least you could do is not to also kick us in the face for trying to survive the lag and horrible framerates.

Crash and Chests

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Wesley Of Florin.2150

Wesley Of Florin.2150

Since you posted this 14 hours before I am posting this reply, my reply is relevant.

I, along with everyone else according to map chat, experienced the same things you have described above. That is until today. I did all of the dragons, Maw, SB, and the Golem, and there was absolutely no lag at any of the events. Yes, there was still a giant zerg at each of them, so the relief wasn’t because of lack of players. I assume something was fixed server-side. Most everyone in map chat shared similar relief from the lag starting today (after your post).

One downside: I somewhat enjoyed seeing everyone do the Fear Shuffle…

Crash and Chests

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Yep, I’ve had this happen to me. It’s frustrating for very long events when you crash right near the end.

It would be nice if the game could remember your progress and reward you when you log in again (with perhaps a timeout of like 10 mins or something).