Do you remember when the game is started and the areas had a lot of player? I want it back!

Do you remember when the game is started and the areas had a lot of player? I want it back!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: voidvector.2780

voidvector.2780

While this is a very old necro’d thread.. The idea in this is really good. I had the most fun while levelling when the game was just released. Not just because everything was new, everything was fresh. It was because I could run into other people and seek out help for events and actually got a response. If I see someone now it’s unlikely they will even talk and I sorta refrain from it aswell, because most interesting stuff happened in bigger groups.

There needs to be a “critical mass” of people for that to happen. If you only have a few people, they probably are just assuming each others are doing “errands” and would leaving very soon.

Take for example bonus chest events, during odd hours, a few people will just do them without saying much. During more popular off hours, 1 or 2 will call out the times. During rush hours, the zerg might go trigger Karka event.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dobi.4168

Dobi.4168

This thread has replies a lot. We need some feedback.

Thanks!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Yeah, something has to be done about mid-lvl maps. It’s a real chore now getting the 100% map completion – it gets very boring roaming around maps if there are only 2 people present in maps like Snowden Drifts or Timberline Falls. Scarlet’s invasions helped a bit as it dragged people to maps nobody usually goes to. But sadly, majority left as soon as the invasion was complete.
Also, this problem is expressed less in Kryta, but if you’re another rase, especially a Charr, your home maps won’t be very helpful in leveling a toon, at least on my server.

Eventually, they will have to merge servers when the population starts to drop, but that doesn’t address this particular issue if most people are doing temples or WvW. So yeah, ‘underflow’ seems quite intriguing.

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

This was something we actually suggested to them when they started talking about actually activating the manual guesting system. We tried to tell them that it would be so much better if they setup the server to be one big shard system so that a minimum of a certain number of players were placed on any one server zone at a time when going there. Autoguesting was the term we used to describe it where the zone would be filled by the system taking into account whomever you were teamed with in the process of loading.

They didn’t listen to that suggestion either.

Hi!

I have a problem with this game. I love it, but I prefered the beta days, or the starting days of the game. Remember? Lot of people doing events, when an event has ended, the group stayed together.

What’s the situation now? Desolated areas. You see only 2-3 people doing hearts, but not the event. The events do not start, because no one starts it (no player to speak with NPCs) or not starts automatically, because the lack of players. This is a HUGE problem in PvE! Do you remember when you talked about dynamic events in PAX and such as events for the fans? “It will be the best part of the game” yea, but it’s “not exist anymore”. I have a solution for this problem. You should do the opposite of overflow server. “Underflow”.

There is a map. For instance Queensdale. 3 server is desolated in this map.
Server A has 3 players
Server B has 5 players
Server C has 9 players
“Close them” —> Make a new one with these 17 players. It would be cool! Think about it. And not recommends too much coding. Please, do something about desolated maps, it’s not fun! You heard me? NOT FUN! It’s against your philosophy! Thanks for your response!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Dynamic Events

Dobi.4168

It’s sad to see that I made this thread 11 months ago, got a lot of replies but no feedback from “WeAreForTheCommunityANET”…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: PhoenixDown.5467

PhoenixDown.5467

It’s sad to see that I made this thread 11 months ago, got a lot of replies but no feedback from “WeAreForTheCommunityANET”…

Champ rewards were introduced, but yea dynamic events still suck.

How hard it would be to add a champ box to every event that doesn’t have a champ there is? Right now on level 80 you get lousy 1,5s and pitiful amount of karma. Nobody bothers with it so the events are dead. It’s better to run champ trains in queensdale if you want rewards and karma. DEs are in sad state.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sendaf.8375

sendaf.8375

So the Scarlet invasions did a great job of bringing in tons of players to otherwise dead areas. By featuring a single map for an hour you can draw tons of players in with the promise of increased rewards.

So for each hour a random map is highlighted, and all of the events in that zone provide increased rewards upon completion. Something like double gold and karma or a free champion loot bag.

This would gather players together into a single zone and provide rewards comparable to a champion train farm. ANet also wouldn’t have to add any content to the game, just make old content temporarily more rewarding to draw in players.

Thoughts?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

In essence the scaling system is a double edged sword.

Yes it allows me to go back and help my recently started friends without one hit killing the zone’s big bads (most of the time, the scaling do however makes starting area champs borderline norms if not for their health fat nature).

But at the same time it makes it pointless to visit most of the zones, because the loot drops are scaled to your actual level (or nearly so). Never mind that before we had loot scaling, everyone was farming Cursed Shore into the ground, with the rest a wasteland (in more than one sense).

Only option i can think of is for the dailies that assign events and group events to stop doing so for specific regions (Tyria, Ascalon and such) and instead assign a specific zone within you characters level range. But this would mean that the achievements would be tailored to each individual character rather than simply everyone en mass.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Pyrotechnic Hell.3209

Pyrotechnic Hell.3209

Instead of underflow how about combining all servers in PVE like in gw1 but leave them separated for WvW, or just give us an International District.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Good idea. Im sure AN will get right on this.

Sanctum of Rall

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

lack of events in low areas (and even more so in mid levels) is really bad at times.

But its a problem we identified right back at the start of the beta, the issue was easily predictable, but Anet chose to ignore it, and this is what we have.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I remember when people were actually doing dynamic events, now it’s difficult to find anybody to do them.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Dynamic Events

Dobi.4168

Instead of underflow how about combining all servers in PVE like in gw1 but leave them separated for WvW, or just give us an International District.

It’s almost the same.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

I wish they merged some servers, I came back to the game after a 1 year break and transfered servers to play with a friend. Its so empty, eventhough the population says “High” but it feels like I am playing a co-op game with just my friend. Unless you’re doing champion train in Queensdale, but really is a game with this many maps supposed to evolve around a lv1~15 map? Anet do something about it!!!!

in Dynamic Events

Dobi.4168

I wish they merged some servers, I came back to the game after a 1 year break and transfered servers to play with a friend. Its so empty, eventhough the population says “High” but it feels like I am playing a co-op game with just my friend. Unless you’re doing champion train in Queensdale, but really is a game with this many maps supposed to evolve around a lv1~15 map? Anet do something about it!!!!

Same here. Me and my friend, doing alts, but it’s like a World of Warcraft private server or even worse.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Grayos.9804

Grayos.9804

SOLUTION:
1. Give daily rewards for doing (5) different events on map
2. Give those rewars in every map so all maps will be back to life
3. Stop making new content when the content we now have can be fixed fun and playable
4. Balance classes and mobs (MAIN PRIORITY)
5. Trow some new skills in the game

that is 5 steps that i think if they do will change the game alot and make it playable, but that is my oppinion ..

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

6. Give zone specific loot – stuff to draw players to each area.. That could be specific skill unlocks (a-la GW1), unique gear skins (look up the GW 1 earth staff for one example, GW 1 zodiac gear for another, and the GW1 Ugly Stick for a third – pay attention to how they are obtained).
Then players who want specific things from the game, need to go to those areas that have them.
7. Ensure an appropriate level of wanderlust: do events with champions need longer cooldowns now that they offer significant rewards? Or do the rewards need cutting back? Does DR need to apply to champions killed multiply in the same several hours?

in Dynamic Events

Dobi.4168

Any more opinion? Hmm?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ecaflip.3460

ecaflip.3460

too bad ANET isn’t going to do anything about this. Leveling past the 1-15 zones is absolute boredom honestly. I wish there was underflow, but unless we stop buying gems, spamming their social network/moderator PMs, they simply won’t listen.

I wish leveling was easier

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

Yes. Please. That would be a really good idea. Wonder why I haven’t heard a word from A-Net talking about this.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

Ya, that is what I miss most about BETA..
I am getting surprised when I am actually seeing another player running around in an area I am in.
Before you could see lots of people were in the same area as you were.
sigh

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Wow? What servers are you guys on?

On Blackgate there always seems to be a zerg PVE train on a lot of maps, not to mention you see plenty of people walking around in random areas.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Wow? What servers are you guys on?

We’re on the servers everyone transferred to Blackgate from.

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka