Dragons are impossible to fail

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Knight Kravitz.5162

Knight Kravitz.5162

The fact that dragons are impossible to fail and spawn in the same spot every time is stupid they should be running through and around a specific zone owning people and actually be challenging with a weekly chest. They should have specific items only ontainable from them also and should be a failable event (exe. Maybe succeed 1 or 2 times out of 5 attempts.) I mean come on let’s have some excitement & some difficulty lol.

GUILD WARS 1 VETERAN

(edited by Knight Kravitz.5162)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: urzen.7096

urzen.7096

Im sure AN will get right on that.

Sanctum of Rall

in Dynamic Events

Knight Kravitz.5162

im just saying they want the game to be more casual well theres already so much casual content a casual player wont complete it what about us hardcore players that are finishing up the game on multiple characters and are getting bored:p

GUILD WARS 1 VETERAN

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I am completely with Knight. Meta events are just farm places for rares. Really poor design – this is not living world we are able to alter as it was promised in the manifesto.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: codpin.6542

codpin.6542

The game is not designed for hard large scale events. You don’t have a raid frame, only 5 man party. Try coordinate 50 ppl. Its not possible without voice chat. And that’s just 50 ppl. On a large scale event there would be almost 10 to 20 times more than that.

Plus the culling system that still remains in PvE. You can’t see what most others do, you only see the people around you.

Go and take a look at balthazar temple. Thats the hardest large scale event in the game. And it’s closed on most servers, because people fail it over and over again.

Faith of Astora - Guardian | Faith Mess - Mesmer | Faith War - Warrior
Member of ASq Guild – Gandara [EU]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

I dunno, I think they’re fun as is. There are plenty of dungeons for hardcore players to memorize.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

and then we’d have a thread that “x event is too hard” and nobody would bother to run it.

Then you’ll have it rampaging across the land killing lowbies

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Go clear the temple of Balthazar and stop picking on the Dragons…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Considering dragons recently kicks out players like karka’s event making the battle unplayable, skills not working etc until kicked, or just kicking you out with an error, (hurrah, guesting) relogging on overflow losing the chest try to imagine if the dragon was moving around making a mess haha
We are enough lucky we have them, bugged and boring big chest farm for 3-5 minutes standing on your position attempting to spam something.
I mean seriously, don’t expect anything barely similar with the performance of this game at all, karka’s event performance was enough boring.
Also, their entire dragon’s animation is a preprogrammed script, from beginning to end. The only trigger is when he die. Go figure what kind of programming there is behind them..

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

in Dynamic Events

Knight Kravitz.5162

Bath event is the one actual event in the game that gives you a good feeling when you successfully open it with a guild or such, I very much enjoy balth we definantly need more BOSS chests like balth and the dragons need to be changed. They aren’t dragons lol they are easier than champions………. BOSSES should not be easy lol I mean really people?

GUILD WARS 1 VETERAN

in Dynamic Events

Knight Kravitz.5162

If they were at the correct difficulty of there “boss” name we wouldn’t have to nerf the chests every patch:p if anything buff the chests nerfs should be absolutely held off till last option.

GUILD WARS 1 VETERAN

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

the dragons are somewhat of a letdown.

Its so absurdly scripted its a snooze fest. they cant even move round.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Dragons need to be revamped. They were one of selling points of gw2, but i never had feeling they are anything epic, just big in size thats all. Giant frozen chicken is afterall still a chicken.
They should also rethink elder dragon battles, Zhaitan was dissapointing =(

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

There are DRAGONS in this game? Oh wit.. you mean those immobile non-flying useless chickens? Yeah, they’re only good for getting rares. I mean seriously, you kill a DRAGON and you don’t get any feeling of accomplishment at all. That’s a fail.

in Dynamic Events

Knight Kravitz.5162

Yeah they are a big part of advertising the game come on let’s focus on some real fights here what is fun without challenge and self accomplishment you get none of it with a boss you can’t possibly fail lol.

GUILD WARS 1 VETERAN

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

I think dragon encounter should be revamped. Claw of Jormag is actually an interesting encounter, but safe spot make this not happen and claw still get reduced damage make this fight become not interesting. Easy change for this encounter: make the damage to Claw if not stunned to 0. For fail: make this encounter timed. 30 m – 1 h is good. If times up, Claw will deal heavy damage to all players in area and encounter will fail directly.

Tequalt: Actually it can be changed to protect Asura Cannon. Dragon cannot be damaged by players attack. Only Asura Cannon can damage him. Anet just need to spawn some risen, veteran, champion (depending on zerg size). In addition, Tequalt still can fear player. Fail: if the cannon destroyed.

Shatterer: Encounter can work like this: Shatterer will summon some shard which summon some branded, damage it surrounding, regenerate shatterer, and fill overload bar. Players need to destroy a number of shards. After a number of shards destroyed, Shatterer will be stunned and player can attack it (if Shatterer is not stunned, it will have electric field which negated all damage). Fail event: overload bar is filled, Shatterer deal heavy damage to area around it and the event fail.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: psyt.9415

psyt.9415

Ironically on my server all people do is kitten and moan especially with Claw of Jormag that the fight is too tough or too long and they just want their chest and the dragons suck. I love a challenge and I am for buffing the dragons. I want them to be a challenge but other ways of getting rares need to be made rare as well or else other people won’t do dragons if they are buffed. Most seem to just come for the loot and if the dragons become significantly harder than they will go do something else instead sadly for easier loot. Unless like someone mentioned they get a unique loot table.