Event at Cathedral of Eternal Radiance

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dutchdevil.6902

Dutchdevil.6902

I just want to point out that at malchors leap no one is trying to kill Lyssa at Cathedral of Eternal Radiance…. I noticed it because I was saving karma to buy some armor pieces there at the vendor. But because of the fact it is always contested I cannot buy it. This is really frustrating me, as I was putting time in gathering karma for my armor. Of course I could buy that armor at another karma vendor, but there is no other vendor that has those specific stats that I want.
So please ArenaNet, do something about it, because I don’t feel rewarded at the moment for putting time and effort in the game, and makes me wanna stop playing the game atm!!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

Have you tried to rally people for it? The difficult temples don’t get done unless you make them happen.

[SFD] – Maguuma

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

you know since ive been 80, probably only a month or two now. ive never seen this event down once. evan when we did get a group of 20 of us to do it we wiped. tried getting a group for this tonight and no luck on getting anyone, zone looks and fells empty, and im on one of the larger servers.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tristavel.9218

Tristavel.9218

It’s been a while since I visited Malchor’s Leap, but during 4 or 5 days I spent there (late December), Temple of Lyssa was o open like 3-4 times. Really, it was almost everyday. I participated in the event three times, and it only failed once (one of the sigils fell, but no wipe).

The event is kind of tricky due to the need to keep them sigils offline and constant risen spawn. The trick is to get people to fight on the platform and focus on the priestess as much as possible, as fighting all the risen swarming below doesn’t do anyone good. The combat itself is isn’t terribly hard IMO, main difficulty being certain degree of coordination it requires due to massive size of the temple. I’d say 20 people is plenty to have it done, how did she manage to kill all of you?

Then again, this must be a server specific thing. I keep reading on this forums how “dead” Orr is for everyone, yet my own experience couldn’t be more different; we have Dwayna open daily, Grenth open daily, Lyssa open pretty often and Melandru was recently bugged. The only temple I’ve never seen open was Balthazar, but then, I’m online like 3 hours a day and don’t check on temples regularly (besides, Balthazar IS a difficult fight).

Personally I believe the event is fine as it is (well, reward chest sucks, but don’t they all?). I can only suggest you retry it in organized manner, 20 people can absolutely do it.