Explain Level 80 Zones to me.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bloody Zac.8960

Bloody Zac.8960

First off, I just want to say that this is not a troll thread, I really am just confused.

Whenever I get to The Cursed Shore, The Straits of Devastation, The Karka Island (forgot what the name is) etc., I always just kind of run around a bit, kill a few things, and then I leave because nothing is happening.

There are no hearts, which I understand. The zones are build upon dynamic events, and when it was explained to me, it sounded epic. A bunch of players working together defeating an army of Risen just sounds great.

Except, when I get there, I see a bunch of Risen and maybe two other people. We kill things until we stumble upon a DE, and then the Risen Priest of Balthazar kills us.

It could just be my server (Fort Aspenwood) or maybe I was just too late to the party.

I love the game, and I love dungeons and fractals, but I was looking forward to doing the end-game zones. Should I transfer to another server, or just write it off as one of those things you organize with a guild?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

After Plinx got nerfed Cursed Shore just became more dead…

it isn’t just your server, there are other servers and most of these zones are now rendered useless as it is not very good farming (on top of that, loot bug) and most of the 80s have already gotten everything they need and just go and do Wv3

add on top of that, most of the 80 zones have been bugged since launch and have hardly been touched by the Devs, so people get fed up and go do something else…

Get some guildies with you if need be, wouldn’t expect Orr to become alive for a while.

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: edjahman.9104

edjahman.9104

It really is ashamed. I love the 80 zones but it’s often frustrating going there alone or with my wife.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: LFk.1408

LFk.1408

Southsun Cove is currently in a relatively unfinished state. There really is no content there save for a few dynamic events. There’s no map completion reward, no hearts, nothing that really affects your character in general. I think it’s just a work in progress, and encourage you to avoid the zone as a whole until it gets a rework. There is a rich Ori vein that is popular. That’s about it.

Cursed Shore used to be the most crowded area in the world. However, a series of nerfs, both stealth and announced, have made the area into a ghost town. The drops from ordinary monsters have been nerfed very significantly sometime around the November 15th patch. This was an unannounced “stealth” nerf, but has been proven very soundly. The intent was to discourage grind farming of ordinary monsters, which was happening very frequently, particularly at the Penitent and Shelter camps despite diminished returns. The second major event was the nerfing of the Plinx event, which was the primary source of karma farming for many. Combined with the introduction of Jugs to the daily, there is really no longer a need for anything the Cursed Shore has to offer, thus it’s current state of abandonment.

I agreed with the general principle of these nerfs. The Cursed Shore was the de facto end game farm grind, and was extremely overcrowded in popular areas. The concept of this game is stated to discourage the repeated killing of one thing in one area, and to that end, ArenaNet acted. I do believe that they have gone overboard, however, as the area is now too unrewarding, save for the Temple of Grenth (which was also nerfed recently with regards to it’s repeat-ability).

The remainder of Orr was comparatively less popular before, but also suffers from the effects of these nerfs as there were several trains in Malchor’s and Straits. You may struggle to find people there until there are some changes as well.

I am a strong advocate of making the temple chests more rewarding, based on a player’s participation in the entire chain from start to finish.

Regardless of what I think, however, I do hope ArenaNet does find some way to breathe some life into these zones, though I suppose being dead fits the theme!

(edited by LFk.1408)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Asdar.9572

Asdar.9572

My issue with pretty much all of Orr is that every where you go, almost all of the areas you can respawn at are ALWAYS contested and thus you have to respawn a long long long way away from where you died. Why? Why even have these spawn areas if you are not allowed to use them? It is really frustrating that almost the entire game you can respawn mostly where you want and a contested area will only remain contested for a little while, but then you get near the end and the setting changes 100% in the opposite direction. It really does make me want to never bring another character up passed 70 again.

Now this isn’t trolling but I really hate these bate and switch moves that devs do to these games and its why I usually end up quitting playing. Here, solo the entire game but oh wait, the last 10 levels we are going to make much harder and make it much more difficult then the entire rest of the game. Why? Why do companies have to do this? It is not needed!
City of heroes did the same crap, 1-40 you felt like a superhero and 40+ the mobs would simply pwn you with cc or drains or whatever. The game becomes less fun and not worth it at that point.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Altas.9064

Altas.9064

Got my guardian to 80 yesterday. Malchor’s Leap and Cursed shore are pretty dead. Waiting for people to kill Dwayna last 24 hours, I see only few people running around, others are bots. Dead zones. GL to new players in empty zones with no one running around.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: benaq.6059

benaq.6059

I just started playing recently and I have lost almost all desire to continue playing after reaching level 80 and making it to Straights of Devastation. I wish there were more people to do the group events with. I love this game it is just missing players.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Anet thinks farming is wrong so they nerf it.

Thus the end game zones have no people since they are doing more profitable things.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

Got my guardian to 80 yesterday. Malchor’s Leap and Cursed shore are pretty dead. Waiting for people to kill Dwayna last 24 hours, I see only few people running around, others are bots. Dead zones. GL to new players in empty zones with no one running around.

What server are you on? I got to 80 last week, on Magumma I figure it’s a middle of the road pop server. There are sometimes it’s lean, but other times 25 or so. Arah area in Cursed Shore seems to be possibly the most popular Orr location for people to gather and run.

As for another stating contested way points, sure they are there but the area’s are fairly manageable and there seems to be at least a couple/few per zone that never get contested, so you want to grab those and then you can trot over to the area you want to be at.

Perhaps mentioning the server can help, for some reason a lot of people like to really be anonymous which that kind of info, which I find strange. We won’t laugh too long once we know what server you are on. Until things change, that seems to be the best way to figure this out and get you to a proper server.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Altas.9064

Altas.9064

Blacktide server. It’s high populated, but people doing only small events. Maybe some guilds will do Lyssa, but other don’t wanna bother.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kenage Achalarus.4276

Kenage Achalarus.4276

i do understand your frustration and questions about LvL80 zones. I usto love cursed shore and south suncove (lost shores) but not thier is about not much to do. i remember seeing mobs of people in both areas because the loot was pretty good. and you cant forget that kakra event that took place there. but that is the problem it seems like they put a lot of time and effort into making a huge thing going on but when it ended it ended the wow factor. like in personal story go and defeat the elder dragon then afterwords as stated in dialog we are currently exterminating all risen armys. but there is the problem they keep coming back. what they sould of done is like have a world event of that kakra that keeps comming back (dont give me the ohh hese dead, look at the dragons they come back) but the lost shores after that event really became lost I even ran an hour looting killing and harvasting and saw 3 people there. my guildies and my self were amazed that we found a person. and now that i think of it i the first month i saw some ncsof people and anet people in game. but now i dont see them at all. i just hope they do better in lvl80 areas.

a Mesmer with a Greatsword [Confusion], your mind has been [Mind Wrack]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Phule.1968

Phule.1968

Well if A-net wants people to play them zones they have to do something about the reward for being there, atm it’s just a lot easier to run Fractals instead.

Where’s my X-ray goggles when I need em?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Grahf.8725

Grahf.8725

A-net said putting the best stuff in one content area was a mistake they don’t plan on doing again and they plan to resolve it sometime after the holidays. I figure once they do that fractals will be one option and the open world will be another instead of fractals being the only option.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

I rarely see anyone in Ore. The vast majority of players on my server are either in Wayfarer Foothills farming Frozen Maw chain or in Queensdale jumping from one champion to the next. Basically I see these two areas for the casuals whilst the rest are playing fractals or PvP/WvW.

Personally I think Anet need to do a sweep. Say for instance identify where the vast majority of players are and then buff areas outside of there for rewards. IE Alot of players in Wayfarer? Then put some effort into developing Snowden Drifts to coax people to that area.

That said Frozen Maw needs a nerf too. You get level 80 (often rares/exotics) on a chain that starts every 30 minutes.

EDIT: Oh and there is another large player base who jump from one dragon to the next.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Well apparently level 80 endgame in GW2 is supposed to be about a war against Risen where they are constantly pushing back and forth against us and the reward is supposed to be from completing the chains and defending.

However, rewards are very abysmal and Orr is not what it was hyped up to be. Malchor’s Leap for example is used for nothing but Spark farming and Orichalcum.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

they were meant to be epic zones were players all struggled together to push the pact npcs towards their goals and reclaim the temples/arah etc etc. they are mostly boring and unrewarding tho, besides the few chains ppl repeat at nauseam for money.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Well, I hope they do something to bring population back to these zones soon. Kind of disappointing to rush through mid level content because there are no other people around, and finally make it to the 70 – 80 areas only to see that those areas are dead as well. Though, in my experience so far they aren’t completely dead, there have been enough people around to do some events so far, but not a lot. This is in the straits of devastation, haven’t been to the other zones yet.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

Anet thinks farming is wrong so they nerf it.

Thus the end game zones have no people since they are doing more profitable things.

There are a ton of signet warriors that run back and forth on penitent path farming the risen. The risen don’t even get near the forts now, the Zerg rushes out to fight over tagging mobs for drops. Meanwhile most of the more involved DE’s go undone. I can’t blame the folks doing this, but it sure makes for a pretty pathetic zone if you want to do other things.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

A-net said putting the best stuff in one content area was a mistake they don’t plan on doing again and they plan to resolve it sometime after the holidays. I figure once they do that fractals will be one option and the open world will be another instead of fractals being the only option.

Hopefully this, but I do find that odd, you would think there would be a reasonable quick way to reverse something that you found was an ooops. I hope they do what you say.

For example in DDO if something became very wrong with a Instance, they’d put an out of order style message at the entrance until taken care of, the people ran other dungeons, no big. If Fractals was this damaging, worst case, simply don’t let people in. Or if it’s because of loot being better, really how long can it take to edit the loot tables for it? People swear they are messing with loot tables every patch game wide. So I am also a little skeptical about what they will really change here. To me they’ve could have made changes in a couple/few days and stopped the madness a long time ago.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: mavet.3047

mavet.3047

Well if A-net wants people to play them zones they have to do something about the reward for being there, atm it’s just a lot easier to run Fractals instead.

I believe that that’s ANet’s intention, herd everyone into the fractals leaving all the other zones desolate. But this wouldn’t be the first time that ANet screwed things up nor will it be the last....

Mors janua vitæ

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: graceangel.3618

graceangel.3618

Man. but what about people who don’t wanna run fractals? The ones who were having fun with the Orr events? While I was still on Denravi, in Straights, we did preist of Balt quite a lot.

When I got to Orr, I wanted to do more temple events, but usually everyone left after Melandru.

Now, I"m on Fort Aspenwood. Tonight, we had a great turnout in Orr for events. It was pretty nice, but once we got people there, the mega event chain for Melandru wouldn’t start. Guess it’s bugged or something.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Well, in Straits of Devestation last night, we had about 10-15 of us doing events and trying to figure out how to take the temple (with no luck I might add). But it was still fun.

I think I’ll give Malchor’s Leap a look tonight and see what that’s like.

Cheers.

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: HighCAT.5924

HighCAT.5924

Temple of Grenth event – tried it 2 times, failed both. 1st time I was yelled at for trying to kill him by 5 guildies who informed me that they’re farming here, so GTFO or stop trying to kill him. Second time – too few players showed up and when they got downed and no-one was able to res them they just stayed on the floor since “but wp is so far away”…. Facepalm

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

now that no one is in orr, anet, please drop a tactical nuke on that **** hole

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.