Frozen Maw start conditions

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I was wondering, does the event-chain fail to start if the svanir and the grawls at the bonfire get killed?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nazgul.8274

Nazgul.8274

Doesn’t make any difference The event is on a timer and needs no conditions to be filled before the Grawl attack the homestead

in Dynamic Events

Rabe.2456

Has this been officially confirmed? Because there are a lot of people out there claiming that the event did not start properly.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Aren’t they invulnerable?

in Dynamic Events

Rabe.2456

No, at least not everytime.

Attachments:

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Yeah and last week you had to build the snow man army and defeat the grawl shaman to get it started. It’s an unnecessarily long wait since the change, people will make up all sorts of stuff to pass the time.
I have personally killed those Svanir and grawl and still had the event start, so no, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the Frozen Maw.

in Dynamic Events

Rabe.2456

What I asked for was a proof, but as nobody was willing to post any, I looked into it myself. :P

As you can see below, the bonfire starts just before the event starts. The enemies were all dead at this time. So the whole event really is on a timer and has no other starting conditions.

Attachments:

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

There ya go!

Now, the real question is how exactly Shadow Behemoth works.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

I believe that has been covered extensively.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Korsbaek.9803

Korsbaek.9803

unless there has been an official statement saying something we cant know with complete sure about anything tho it looks like they are not related to it

Commander Korsbaek lvl 80 Guardian
Ayano Yagami lvl 80 ele

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

I’m not going to search for it but a dev said that IF it doesn’t start during its new window that you can kill those grawl/svanir in the cave and it should start. It has absolutely no affect what-so-ever if the window is still active and you kill them.

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

I believe that has been covered extensively.

“Research for the event chain’s mechanics is still ongoing, see the talk page for details and additional research. Current data points to: "

Not exactly solid…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Not exactly solid…

You won’t get solid replies from dev on how the event triggers, but the event conditions listed look pretty accurate.

(edited by Geekfox.4267)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kilaelya.1420

Kilaelya.1420

The Maw spawn window since the update is a little ridiculous. The last time he was killed was 2.5 hours ago and I’m still waiting. I came here looking for what the pre reqs are… guess I’m gonna kill those mobs in the cave for a while.

Minara | Ranger | Beastgate | [vR]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The change to the timer ruined it. If only they could make the regular chest account bound and once a day then revert to the old timer. No long waits and you could run alts thru for some quick exp, as well as use it for getting your daily.

Now there are hordes of people waiting and waiting for their rare. So many the event is crushed under the number of people. Getting those people in and out of there would lessen the crush.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)