I had no idea there were events in Gendarran Fields.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

On the Tarnished Coast server, I spent about a week (and 10 levels) adventuring in Gendarran Fields and I can count the number of separate events I witnessed popping up on three fingers. Then the patch came (along with a server reset) and when I logged back in after the reset I couldn’t turn without running into an event, the majority of which I had never seen before.

Less than a day later, they’re all gone again (stuck, broken, not triggering, etc).

I’ve read the developer post regarding the beta environment versus the live environment and the potential problems that can crop up when events run over and over again.. but we’re talking about everything breaking in less than a day, and those beta weekends were running for longer than that.

This has to be fixed. I know that’s a no-brainer statement and everyone on the dev team is aware of this but, events are the meat of this game. Without them the PvE player is down to single-NPC quest hubs and random mob grinding to level. And a month after launch the problem with broken events is still here. Why doesn’t this seem to be getting the priority attention it deserves? And by that, I mean the “we can’t launch the game until this problem is licked” kind of attention, where it’s resolved in days instead of months.

I’m a big GW2 supporter and I really want this game to succeed, but having a zone full of broken events just looks sooo bad and isn’t helping with players impression of this game.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cortechs.3265

Cortechs.3265

Yeah, I just finished Gendarran Fields on Monday, and I believe I completed 3 events. I’m pretty sure I’m going to have less Karma than anyone once I get 80, considering most of my time is spent grinding mobs for XP since DEs rarely work. The game is less fun without them.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zii The Mad.2563

Zii The Mad.2563

Feels like the game has actually become more buggy after release.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: brokenserenity.4638

brokenserenity.4638

The event with the pirates attacking the supply cart crossing the bridge in gendarran fields has been broken since a few days after launch from reports ive heard from others in game, not sure if it’s been fixed then broken again over and over of just not been fixed yet but it’s constantly been at 2/3 waves defeated for as long as ive been popping back and forth between that zone and bloodtide for materials.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zzulu.5489

Zzulu.5489

Yeah the event system needs work. In some zones I get no events, in other zones I can’t take ten steps without running into events.

This other day I was in the Norn 40-50 zone and I had just finished a champion-event when only 5 minutes later the same event started again. Events in that zone were crazy and you could play for hours by just going from event to event. But yes, in other zones you’ll struggle to find anything to do beyond hearts for XP really…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sialor.7396

Sialor.7396

You must have been really unlucky. I’ve done at least six events there and that’s not counting anything related to the meta-event in the western half (that would be at least another six).

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mr Quinn.9815

Mr Quinn.9815

There are ‘dynamic’ events in this area ? wow! where ? I see some static shields with orange circles around them, every time I pass through, never actually done a ‘dynamic’ event in this area.

Piken Square

this notice was brought to you by a Misguided Misfit

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: BlackStarVegas.3258

BlackStarVegas.3258

@Mr Quinn

I agree with you.
I understand that the whole concept of dynemic events is a completely new thing,
and something that’s never done before..
But it currently feels very static, especially while everything seems to be on time schedule (especially the bigger events, such as the dragons).
I think that randomizing this time fixes a big portion of the issue.
However, it also feels to me, there’s not quite enough dynamic events per zone yet, and the variety between the different events is minor.
It’s either " kill x" or “collect z” or “protect y”.