Jade Maw Chest is how a Chest should be done

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Heya,

Dragon Events, Temple Events and all the other DE’s that grant big fat golden chests at the end are really cool and a lot of fun. But those Chest drop crap 95% of the time which is not very motivating to do them.

I think the Jade Maw chest we get after finishing the bonus fractal (note: im not talking about the daily chest, im talking about the golden chest that drops cores etc.) is very well made and the loot it provides is not over the top, but rewarding (unlike Dragon chests for example).

IMO Dragons, Temples, etc. should provide a chest with the same loot table.

Opinions?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: earendil.1290

earendil.1290

Chest rewards are supposed to be proportional with the effort involved.

To get a Dragon chest, all you have to do is to be there for the last minute or do and do a bit of damage.

To get the jade maw chest you need to be part of a 5 person team that beat 4 fractals. About 40-50 minutes if all goes well.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Feandro.5264

Feandro.5264

I agree and disagree. The Dragon and Temple chests are lackluster, I get better loot from the LA jumping puzzles on average. They (being the Dragon/temple chests) need to be better than what they are, but making every temple and every dragon give something of akin to the Jade Maw is dangerous. I wouldn’t mind getting fewer drops from the chests if they were on average better. But getting 4 Blues and a green Medallion only discourages me from doing the events.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dasorine.1964

Dasorine.1964

I would wonder if they’d consider removing blues from chest tables, or making it worth while blues (such as t6 crafting mats at level 80)

4 greens actually comes out as a fairly nice reward, either for the 6-8 silver or chance to forge into a single rare etc.

But random blue gear and in general gems are vendor trash for the majority.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lord Rager.8543

Lord Rager.8543

Since most of these events have pre event, why not up the loot table if you took part in the pre events. that way players that did the pre events and then finished would get the best rewards and other that came at last min can get normal rewards.

Commander The Tallest Rager
Darkhaven Asuran Guardian
S O T D Warband [SotD]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cherokeewill.7504

Cherokeewill.7504

Since most of these events have pre-event, why not up the loot table if you took part in the pre events. that way players that did the pre events and then finished would get the best rewards and other that came at last min can get normal rewards.

Taking Shatterer’s pre-event as an example, if you have more then five people doing this event it takes forever. The number of siege weapon drops required increases but the spawn rate for the 10-15 ghosts that drop them remains the same. The pre-event would need to be scaled to the number of people present (more people = more ghosts/lower respawn timer) in order to make this worth everyone’s time. As it stands now, more people in this pre-event simply delays the Shatterers arrival.

Scaling reward to reflect contribution (DPS and HPS) might be an option but it would also lead to competition between players who might be inclined not to rez others in the event in the hope that their reward would be higher. It could also motivate some not to switch to adds that need to be kited, such as those explody ones in Tequatal’s event.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mighty Bless.8471

Mighty Bless.8471

I am sorry but on the last 5 chests i opened after defeating the maw i’ve got 1 rare….
Fotm lvl 10….
And last run i haven’t Received daily chest also…

Maybe i am just unlucky

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nepumuk.6071

Nepumuk.6071

Loot should be much more fun in this game in general. Especially chests from events, dragons, dungeons and jumping puzzles, should provide more shiny things than just salvage/vendor trash.
Why not buff them significantly, but only let you loot a chest per dragon/event/jp/etc. once a day? But of course reset them at a specific set time of the day and not just every 24 hours.

(edited by Nepumuk.6071)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ald.9418

Ald.9418

Chests would be a perfect place to increase the availability of lodestones.

Temples should guarantee them.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

There is one problem. Arenanet does not want us to have more rares/lodestones drop. They like their grindy gameplay because it keeps players online. What will you do when you finish up your legendary? Maybe you continue to play for few weeks or months and then you will feel like you beat the game and you will quit. They does not want that.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

The problem starts with the fact that the game is designed to revolve around loot/rewards.