Karka queen-hasn't been done in 268+ hours.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nuglenko.1523

Nuglenko.1523

So, i was wondering:

Has no one heard about how the meta event works, how you can make it spawn manually each hour-and the fact it gives two daily yellows instead of one…

..or no is doing it cause it is “too difficult” to gather 20 players?

I’ve been shouting on maps “hey, we need help to spawn the karka queen [waypoint[” but no one ever came.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

You should probably just try to have all the people who go to SC guest to one server and do it. At this point I’m pretty sure everyone and their mini knows about it.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

People know, but don’t do it anyway. Without a steady timer there isn’t a way to gather people up to do it. Whenever I go there and ask, all I get is silence. I haven’t heard of a single “event” where people have been forming for the Queen Karka, and likewise I have enough trouble getting people together for dungeons, let alone 4 times as many for this event.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

If no one is doing this event it should be removed completely, or be removed from automatic rotation (put an NPC somewhere that will start it instead).

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

Shatterer is hard enough to get help on, most just camp out and wait for someone else to do the pre-events. But at least there they can all be done by one person.

With the karka queen, 4 camps have to be cleared out at the same time. And because triggered the queen cause the camps to instantly become swamped by karka, nobody is willing to hold the northern camps as they are unlikely to get past Steampipe in time to tag the queen.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Simply put, its impossible to get the ball rolling. Not enough people coming there. The events are also pretty kitten hard and scale through the roof – even when there was 30 people at the central town they could wipe. The design does not favor small groups with berserker gear, lizard do confusion, karka and riders range you to death. Which basicly mean everyone stay well away.

Anets position is usually that events scale from 1 to 10+… Karka island scale from 10 to 50 or something.

in Dynamic Events

digiowl.9620

Nobodies going to waste their time with those events without 200% mf.

Look how loot starved the playerbase is. 200% mf, lets do some southsun. No mf, back to cof.

I hope Anet is watching and learning from this.

They are not. The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The entire Southsun Coast event chain is balanced around the giant zergs that were farming that place during the Southsun Coast event. Now that people have moved on, the events are no longer doable by the small amounts of people in the zone. They are not balanced for small amounts of people. Some of the karka veterans instantly down a lone player with their attacks, and they take forever to kill. Now imagine a small group of players trying to clear an outpost full of these veterans. It is impossible.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: OmniPotentes.4817

OmniPotentes.4817

This is what I wrote 19 days ago:
“I predict an exodus from the cove now that the event is over. The time it takes to activate the queen event and kill it is just not worth the effort.”

What do you know. Turns out I’m clairvoyant after all. Now about that precursor…..

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: gidorah.4960

gidorah.4960

This is what I wrote 19 days ago:
“I predict an exodus from the cove now that the event is over. The time it takes to activate the queen event and kill it is just not worth the effort.”

What do you know. Turns out I’m clairvoyant after all. Now about that precursor…..

i think everyone saw it coming since the first time they got insta downed at the event and couldnt run back.
the real question is are the people who designed it going to acknowledge how bad the event is and try to fix it.

in Dynamic Events

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

The event isn’t bad. It’s just not balanced for smaller groups of people. It needs to scale down better, and those veteran karka need to stop doing insta-kills. Some of them hit just way too hard. I have a necromancer fully specced in toughness, and still some of those karka one-shot me.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Yeah after doing the event a couple times and dying trying to get there a couple more I gave up on it. Two rares, a blue and a karka shell are not worth the trouble considering I usually pull an extra rare on most meta events anyhow. Whoever said it before was right: The only thing that made Southsun interesting and fun was the 200%MF and the Instigator events. Since those are gone the island isn’t fun OR rewarding enough to bother with it.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Look how loot starved the playerbase is. 200% mf, lets do some southsun. No mf, back to cof.

They are not. The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals.

Carnivals lol. Post of the month right here.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

ANet is trying to cater to players who say they want harder content. Pity that demographic does not seem to be actually using the content that was supposedly developed for them.

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

ANet is trying to cater to players who say they want harder content. Pity that demographic does not seem to be actually using the content that was supposedly developed for them.

Unfortunately, like in dungeons, they made things ‘more annoying’ instead of ‘harder’. More rewards would help too, 2 rares, a blue and a karka shell is garbage compared to a rare, a good possibility of 2 rares, a decent possibility of 3 and a bunch of masterwork/fine stuff that you get on a regular world boss.

Oh also the fun, it’s just not there.

in Dynamic Events

digiowl.9620

I fear the game has at least its fair share of difficulty trolls. People showing up claiming that something is laughably easy, but that has never tried it. This simply to try goad the company into upping the difficulty to insane levels.

in Dynamic Events

rizzo.1079

I fear the game has at least its fair share of difficulty trolls. People showing up claiming that something is laughably easy, but that has never tried it. This simply to try goad the company into upping the difficulty to insane levels.

Wouldn’t be surprised…99% or so of the Diablo 3 community were difficulty trolls before release and as a consequence the later levels were more Dark Souls and less Diablo for quite a while.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

On my server, Desolation, this event hasn’t been done in days, and this makes me sad cuz i really enjoyed it. It-s just that all timers are horribly outdated. So maybe that’s why nobody does it. Southsun is empty again :/

in Dynamic Events

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Everyone is off playing the Living Story content. Only a handful of people drop in there occasionally, but the events in Southsun Coast are not balanced for small groups of people. The karka are too strong, and thus people leave the zone entirely. It is currently not very feasible to complete any events in this zone with just a small group. You need the kind of massive zergs that were there before.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Yeah you really have to wonder if this is the Reputation they want…. and why they haven’t done more to change it?? I guess they think this is only perceptions on the forum…

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

Karka queen meta require guild effort .Even with that scale its still because how the event placed.
4 Settlements got events pop up almost right after the queen show up. Steampipe steading where the queen 1st spawn also spawn armies of karkas. Everyone getting blocked off unless Camp Karka is uncontested.
Thus making defending Klei and Pride waypoint useless and make people missed out the queen event.
So queen karka have no place to invade and go to hiding rightaway after the first try.People waste an hour doing those overscaled events.
Especially at camp karka where karka hive defender got promoted to champion and got tons of HP.

in Dynamic Events

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Even if you get a whole guild together to free the camps, and finally get the Karka Queen to spawn… is it worth the effort? One rare item as a reward. Might as well be farming Cursed Shore.

in Dynamic Events

digiowl.9620

Two actually, but the effort required is much more than doubled…

I could understand the design if the camps formed a circle around the spawn location of the queen. But it seems that ANet thought the the queen would go undefeated 10 minutes outside Steampipe and so give the others a shot at her (or maybe 20, as i think Camp Karka is the next in line after Steampipe).

(edited by digiowl.9620)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

You could try the lfg website, looking for 20+ people to do Karka queen…

Otherwise just the odd guild may do it…

in Dynamic Events

ilr.9675

This whole zone is overtuned. I went in for 20 minutes to get the whole map uncovered, then left immediately. Everything was a joke in how OP it was. Some reef lizard thing did what combat chat told me was “Used Retreat” when I was mid-dodge and it just insta-killed me … it WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE. So effective that I immediately switched to my Ranger to try and find a Juevenille version of it for my new pet (which has now replaced my Raven {on Damage} on a permanent basis and also replaced the Polar bear {on Tanking} I used in Dungeons… HOW IRONIC IS THAT ON THE HEELS OF THIS RANGER PET NERF??)

Anyway… From what I could tell, it’s buggyness here was identical to what happens when you’re in the middle of a lunge while a Risen Noble is trying to Shadowstep you and it just loops the skill + damage 10x in a 1/4 of a second & you just die instantly. and the combat log supported this theory ….Great programming guys! Yeah don’t bother putting in any loop-breakers here, those are for Kitties and ppl with stack overflow phobias…. And what I saw the Karka mobs doing was even buggier than that so I didn’t even stick around long enough to understand half the stuff written here YOU people expect 50 other people to put up with for this stupid event to even get started.

If they fix the bugs and all this one-shotting, then maybe I’ll give this zone another try…
Right I’d rather play a whole month of DarkSouls b/c atleast its artificial difficulty has proper telegraphing and escape mechanics that actually work.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ambrosia.2035

Ambrosia.2035

I went to GW2Stuff to check out the timers. It might not be exact, but it gives a pretty good estimate on when the last event was done. Some of these haven’t been triggered since the Dragon event went live on some of these servers. Everything is shown in hours except for Jade which did the event about 37 minutes ago.

Servers that have done the event 0-1-2 times since the Dragon event went live:

Borlis Pass 520
Devona’s Rest 521
Eredon Terrace 521
Ferguson’s Crossing 520
Gate of Madness 495
Henge of Denravi 495
Maguuma 426
Sorrow’s Furnace 510
Darkhaven 334
Sanctum of Rall 369

Servers that have done the event once every week or once every two weeks since the Dragon event went live:

Ehmry Bay 256
Kaineng 231
Stormbluff Isle 219
Northern Shiverpeaks 161
Yak’s Bend 137
Crystal Desert 102

Servers that “probably” do the event 1-2 times a week since the Dragon event went live:

Dragonbrand 86
Tarnished Coast 88

Servers that “probably” do the event every other day since the Dragon event went live:

Anvil Rock 52
Sea of Sorrows 58

Servers that do the event on a daily basis (most of the time):

Blackgate 15
Fort Aspenwood 18
Isle of Janthir 18
Jade Quarry 37 Min

So you have 4 servers that still actively hunt down the Queen. You have 4 servers that sort of do it when the oddball guild shows up or when enough people show up during the weekends. The rest of the servers are a lost cause. The chances of you catching an event that “might” spawn every 200+ hours is next to nil. ANET took quite some time to reintroduce us to the island. I hope they make adjustments so that people can go back to it; at least once a day. I’m not sure what would work. Would adding a third guaranteed rare do the trick? Would reducing the mob count/hp/respawn timer down by a certain % help? Maybe adding a MF NPC that would give a smaller buff might help bring people back. I hope ANET didn’t give up on the island. Maybe all the Queen needs is some lipstick while giving her a vuvuzela during her AOE attacks… that might do the trick.

Howdy (.)

in Dynamic Events

digiowl.9620

This whole zone is overtuned. I went in for 20 minutes to get the whole map uncovered, then left immediately. Everything was a joke in how OP it was. Some reef lizard thing did what combat chat told me was “Used Retreat” when I was mid-dodge and it just insta-killed me … it WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE.

Ah yes, the reef drake retreat. Best i can tell it does near instant damage, and leave a DOT field that also stack confusion. Never mind that it gets followed up by a pull that has enough range that even if you dodge backwards you still get pulled right back into said DOT field (this time on your back for a few seconds).

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: JakHammer.7094

JakHammer.7094

I am proud to be on Borlis Pass and part of one of the three server communities that top the list for refusing to do this time wasting event. I still go to Southsun now and then to gather and get quick dodge achievements and Never see a shout for the event.

I suppose that it is possible for a guild or group that has mastered this event to make it pay (it certainly was never Fun, at least for me.) A while back (300+ hours not done) I did a similar check to the one Ambrosia posted, and at that time I noticed a group of three servers that had very close and sequential completes. Looked like a strike team completed it and then guested to two more servers to me. A tuned force that could do the event efficiently sounds nice, but I would still think they could spend their time better.

Anyway, the obvious way to fix the event is simply to make it one guaranteed random exotic a day (or even per week,) per account, and a Karka shell. Instant repopulation of Southsun. Shoot make the event even harder (5 camps. 6 camps. The little island across the bridge at the top of Skipping Stones. Whatever.) if that is what you think players want, and it would still have groups lined up imo.

ANYTHING that gives the players a Decent Chance at Decent Loot will work.

But personally I would rather keep doing the bugged version of the Claw of Jormag (now fixed, thanks Anet) than ever go back to Southsun just for the current implementation of the Karka Queen.

(edited by JakHammer.7094)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Karka queen is not worth the effort.

Here are the prerequisites:
-You need a large enough zerg to take down all 4 camps at roughly the same time
-You need a large enough zerg to take down the Karka champion in the southwest camp
-You need a large enough zerg to kill the Queen in the allotted time

So the only way to do this event is to do a map call after another meta is finished. I see this often on IoJ. After Shatterer is killed, for example, people will call on map that “Queen is next”.

The problem is that this takes so much effort that it’s not worth the two guaranteed rares. If you play smart, you can get two guaranteed rares off other events that are active at the same time. For e.g., if Queen, FE and Golem were all available, I’d do the latter two.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

in Dynamic Events

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think they simply need to scale this event down, so that it is doable by smaller populations of players. The rewards for the event are decent, but the difficulty is out of balance right now.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Get rid of that Champion Karka in the southwest first, that’s probably the biggest thing putting people off.

Also:

Borlis Pass 520
Devona’s Rest 521
Eredon Terrace 521
Ferguson’s Crossing 520
Gate of Madness 495
Henge of Denravi 495
Maguuma 426
Sorrow’s Furnace 510
Darkhaven 334
Sanctum of Rall 369
Servers that have done the event once every week or once every two weeks since the Dragon event went live:
Ehmry Bay 256
Kaineng 231
Stormbluff Isle 219
Northern Shiverpeaks 161
Yak’s Bend 137
Crystal Desert 102
Servers that “probably” do the event 1-2 times a week since the Dragon event went live:
Dragonbrand 86
Tarnished Coast 88
Servers that “probably” do the event every other day since the Dragon event went live:
Anvil Rock 52
Sea of Sorrows 58
Blackgate 15
Fort Aspenwood 18
Isle of Janthir 18
Jade Quarry 37 Min

You did know gw2 is played outside of NA right?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Get rid of that Champion Karka in the southwest first, that’s probably the biggest thing putting people off.

Also:

Borlis Pass 520
Devona’s Rest 521
Eredon Terrace 521
Ferguson’s Crossing 520
Gate of Madness 495
Henge of Denravi 495
Maguuma 426
Sorrow’s Furnace 510
Darkhaven 334
Sanctum of Rall 369
Ehmry Bay 256
Kaineng 231
Stormbluff Isle 219
Northern Shiverpeaks 161
Yak’s Bend 137
Crystal Desert 102
Dragonbrand 86
Tarnished Coast 88
Anvil Rock 52
Sea of Sorrows 58
Blackgate 15
Fort Aspenwood 18
Isle of Janthir 18
Jade Quarry 37 Min

You did know gw2 is played outside of NA right?

Ah, one of the “He didn’t include EU, so I’m gonna complain” people…

Why don’t you make a quick list of the EU servers then?

A L T S
Skritt Happens

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

I have been giving this some thought, as i too like getting 2 extra yellows a day. I think the solution to the problem is to recuite all karka queeners to 1 server with guesting, and this server shall be known to all as the southsun headquarters.

Let me start off by saying i love guesting. It speeds daily events up massively, & if you haven’t been taking advatage of this feature your missing out. It’s easy & free. In char select screen, choose select world, pick server, and choose guest, then click confirm. You are now on this server untill you visit the char select screen again. you can guest to 2 server per 24 hours, and you can guest to these servers as much as you want for 24 hours. It’s probably one of the most underrated features in the game.

So i’ve done my share of guesting, and have visited all the servers (probably?). I’d like to choose Jade Quarry as the southsun headquarters, because this server has it’s stuff together. Being from Kaineng server, we lack enough participants for temple events, only a few get done in a timely manner, and some sit for 24 hours+ never getting completed. Nobody knows when ppl are completing them because it will be 4h after they’ve spawned, it’s just really hard to do temple events on kaineng for these reasons. Now, i’ve been doing alot of guesting and Jade Quarry is really good at zerking these temple events, about every temple seems to get a good size zerk within about 10 min. These ppl on this server are awsome with events, and that’s why i guest there everyday.

This server probably gets queen done close to daily (but not everyday), but if they had more partipants in the southsun area it would only help. Tell your friends to come, tell them about how awsome guesting is, and that Jade Quarry is the place, then as ppl watch gw2stuff.com for thier events, they will start to see how active Jade Quarry is with the karka queen. Soon it will snow ball and then all shall know to come to Jade Quarry to kick the queen’s teeth in.

(edited by Curse Drew.8679)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Veltoss.9135

Veltoss.9135

If no one is doing this event it should be removed completely, or be removed from automatic rotation (put an NPC somewhere that will start it instead).

I never understood this mentality of completely removing everything that isn’t perfect rather than improving it.. what do we gain exactly by removing it entirely?

Blackgate

in Dynamic Events

ilr.9675

I think they simply need to scale this event down, so that it is doable by smaller populations of players. The rewards for the event are decent, but the difficulty is out of balance right now.

Events were supposed to always Scale up…

“UP”…
not be so ridiculous to begin with that you’d even have to mention something like that
Shadow Behemouth, Jungle Wurm, Shatterer & Maw & probably whatever else…. really aren’t scaling right OTOH and so they’re on the other extreme of cheapening Rares a bit too much. (it’s probably the only thing keeping COF’s inflationary effects in check)

So either way… Anet needs to work on its Scaling a bit more here…
(And force the Zerg to actually TeamSplit & deal with the Minions as well like they have to do against Jormag & preist of Lyssa)

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Dynamic Events

digiowl.9620

On that note, i seem to recall a dev posting regarding the jungle wurm saying that at the time it was scaling capped to 10 people. This was before it was patched to not take AOE damage before it was above ground btw, and he stated he would look into raising the cap on that world boss.

Either someone do not understand the concept of open world mmo at ANet, or they thought way more people would spend their time in SPVP than PVE or WVW.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DeadlySynz.3471

DeadlySynz.3471

The problem isn’t just finding enough people to do the event, it’s the hoards of karkas that surround the area wiping people if their not already sitting around the karka queen blocking the path. I’ve seen many karka queen events fail because they just couldn’t get through. I also can’t even begin to count how many times I way pointed there and got insta-killed by karkas camping the way point lol.

If there are enough people, I think the karkas and those windrider things that pop out via events by the karka queen are far more profitable to farm than the queen herself. Much like Jormag is at the moment, the Karka queen just isn’t worth the time.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

why would I waste my time in spvp, you make no money

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Petrus Petraeus.7368

Petrus Petraeus.7368

Well apart from balancing these large meta events and reconsidering the time versus reward frame, I do think that events like the Karka Queen one could be a cool way moving forward. To me, meta events aren’t really what I expected them to be before launch. They are very linear and hardly require any coördination and they’re mostly based on timers and a some blocking events, but hardly anything that really requires guilds to do different events at the same time or in a certain succession of some sorts to get to something really cool. The event system itself has a huge potential and could really bring something to the table for large coördinated group content in the open world, and even though the Karka Queen needs a thorough look and though not all meta events need to nor even should be this way, I do hope that ANet considers adding more complex, guild effort requiring but also more rewarding meta events in future zones.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sola.7250

Sola.7250

They should just nuke SouthSun Cove altogether and start over. No one goes there and the events don’t scale to the number of players, most can’t be solo’ed any more.

in Dynamic Events

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I think Southsun Cove is a beautiful zone. It sure is pretty. But it just needs some fixes:

• It needs to be rebalanced for smaller groups of players
  • Karka need to be toned down in general (insta-kill charge and barrage attacks)
  • And it still has some performance issues in comparison to other zones.

Also, I still would very much see them linking Southsun Coast to adjacent zones in some way.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Oranisagu.3706

Oranisagu.3706

in the time it takes to get the queen out and give up her whopping 2 rares, you can do a good 4 other worldevents. ie golem, dredge commi, ogre, fire ele and shatterer all take little time and are very reliable to get (all timed or having a long pre-event or being able to start whenever you want). each of those events gives you at least 1 rare, can be soloed with enough time (except shatterer due to healing) and you’ll die a lot less.
why WOULD anyone even try the queen now? it’s a waste of time and resources. if you ever want a legendary you need to grind for it, not chasing after impossible events (I know, it’s still possible, just no longer probable on most servers)