Karma DR - Hitting it if I do 1 event every 15 minutes

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Xerical.9472

Xerical.9472

Prior to this patch I had come to the realization that the best loot/karma for my time spent was doing an event every 15 minutes (like Shelter Defense). As any additional time mass-killing mobs in chain events would result in a quick DR on Karma and an even quicker DR on loot.

Now… post patch. Loot seems to still be better for the first 10 minutes (got about 5 rares as soon as patch came up) and then 0 rares for the next hour+ clearing the entire Arah chain, Grenth, and Melandru. But greens/blues continue to come at least instead of grey’s or no loot. Waited 20 minutes afk near Shelter defense, killed 1 event, got 2 rares. BUT, a new problem I have never had. Doing JUST Shelter defense every 15 minutes gets me on Karma/Event DR. Like… SERIOUSLY?

Without heavily ranting/raging over this game mechanic… I just ask myself this. What do they plan on accomplishing by ruining the experience for the average player? All in an effort to stop the botter’s. After all, who needs to worry about botter’s if you lose average players population? Because with those players, goes the bots, goes the economy, goes the game.

How about remove DR completely and let the player choose what they want to spend their time doing. Use data analysts to find the botter’s.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Spegar.5708

Spegar.5708

I disagree with removing all DR completely as the botter is doing exactly what you’re doing in terms of farming (staying in the city and just farming that event that come up every 15 minutes), however, loot DR really need to go as me and my friend still got hit by it pretty badly yesterday…. Don’t think the nerf did anything to the time it takes as well, still took less than an hour for DR to hit us… After that it’s just porous bones after porous bones…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: PadmaN.7820

PadmaN.7820

Doing same event over and over makes DR kick in. You better run around and do diffrent ones. It takes me 40mins of event taging in Cursed Shore to get DR now ( 20mins before patch). After 40mins karma rewards are slowly starting to drop, by around 20 karma less, down to about 66% of base karma. However I never managed to get it lower than that. Even few mins of mining/gathering makes DR go off in no time.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

Actually I think the DR is based on a specific area. If you do DE within an area for a couple of times, you hit DR even on a DE you did for the first time in that day. I have experienced this in the starter zone where there are a lot of DEs around and I run through a vast area circling for the active DEs while I tried to complete all the Renown Hearts around. I will hit DR even on a event just doing second time or like the one mentioned above, even for the first time. I guess it is about 10 events in the same area and you start hitting DR. On the contrary I don’t hit DR for doing just the same event 3x without doing other event even I don’t even move out of the hub.

DR is fine as long as it works precisely against a BOT farming, but I am disappointed at the current system because it is not doing things right. How can someone hit DR when he is only trying to do as much DEs as he can while running around to complete the map? There are a lot of DEs in the start zone while ther eis hardly any active DE in the mid-level zone. We have no choice, do we? The current DR system is simply denying what it is supposed to recommend. And I do help a lot of lowbies with DE that you need to kill veteran or champion, getting DR is really not what I deserve. Don’t they even count how many types of DEs you are doing? Do they expect bot to autorun and do non-stopped DEs around half of the whole zone?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Yes, DR is hitting me after the second time doing the same event at least for the base rewards (karma, exp, money), the third time I actually got a rare. But then it was all blue stuff from then on. Prior to the update I could go 4 runs – I do cycles of events in an area, there’s about 5 or 6 of them that can be done in a chain and then the world event for the chest.

It’s getting annoying that the BOTS are WINNING the war against players enjoyment. I thought we were supposed to “Play the way we want to.” So what if I have an abundance of time right now and want to play my favorite area over and over and over, that’s “The way I play!”

Stop punishing me for how I like to play, all the while I’m also helping new players get acquainted with the events and mechanics of the game and I’m getting hurt.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cisza.9540

Cisza.9540

I’m doing Plinx/Broodmother/Arena/Camps Defense events (gives me 8-11k karma per hour, so I’d think like 25 events per hour, and a small DR (still 200-300 karma per event) kicks in after 40-50 mins. Then I just relog to my “TP character”, sort auctions, log back on my karma-farmer (takes maybe 10-15 mins) and DR is gone for another 40-50 mins. No big issue, I’d even say they overdid the nerf this patch (thou I was raging at previous DR system).

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nephele.5063

Nephele.5063

Changing areas, even changing zones, does not work to stop the DR on karma. A couple days ago I farmed Cursed Shore until DR started to kick in, then swapped to Straits of Devastation. I was immediately on DR.

I think the DR penalty is more stiff if you chain run a single DE, however it doesn’t seem to matter how much you change your route, the game does not want you to farm karma quickly.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I just don’t get ANet with the way they’re dealing with this “problem”.

They punish you with up to 5s transportation fee for one way if you decide to do events somewhere else but Orr.

Then you also get significantly less Karma for doing Events else where.

And less Gold on top of that.

Hell, I’d have to do 3 events in the Ice bear zone just to compensate for teleporting there.

ANet has their heads screwed on the wrong way the way they are dealing with this.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ravina Gray.4719

Ravina Gray.4719

Seriously… I have been at Cursed Shore 2-3 hours at a time and DR for Karma has not hit me once since the patch.. DR for loot kicks in after about 45 mins to an hour. But I move around…

What those against DR seem want is to be in one place move as little as possible and get rewarded – bots of course should be banned asap but real players shouldn’t be rewarded either for using the same tactics.

For 2 days in the 2-3 hours I’ve been in Cursed Shore on my server the temples have been contested the whole time because groups stay around the R&D or Shelter elsewhere in Cursed Shore you rarely see another player.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: raxx.8914

raxx.8914

The reason is, if you do the same event twice in a row you get less reward, you can change chars to an alt and do an event on it to avoid the DR, The reason shelter is so good is because of the 4 spawns, you have 50 ppl spread over 4 spawns instead of 50 ppl attacking 1 spawn, with my 200+ ping from aus i can’t get many tags in the 50 ppl events but i get lots at the shelter. There’s no where else like the shelter either.
They need to look into it, events with 50 ppl vs 8 noob mobs don’t work, if 50 ppl are in the area when they spawn, they should spawn as veterans. More level 80 zones would help too.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hologramx.6402

Hologramx.6402

I think this DR system is simply BROKEN. I was only leveling my alts to complete Renown Hearts and doing DEs on the way, then I got this DR start ticking on me. Okay I gave up and went to bed. 12 hours later I logged in again, did 2 events and the DR is still ticking and giving me less and less karma. WTH are they insisting you stop leveling and stop playing the game?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

I don’t get why people are still complaining about DR. I farmed for about 8 hours+ per day for the past 2 days or so, and never hit DR. Since the patch that relaxed the DR system I have never hit it once.

My only complaint at present is that certain commodities (vanilla and certain wood types) are far too rare, and need to be adjusted or, in the case of Vanilla, added to a karma vendor.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kathias.8532

Kathias.8532

today the karma DR was kicking my butt like crazy…first time after getting 6k karma (without booster), then after I took 15 minutes off it kicked in after another 5k etc etc. In my 3 hours of farming I’ve spent about 45 minutes just waiting…