Karma boosters not working

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Gravy.6702

Gravy.6702

what the deal karma has DR now and the boosters quit working as well. was in the straits today and doing events was getting x amount of xp and 356 karma and 1s 65c, figured id pop a 50% karma booster so now they way i figured i should be getting close to 500. not even close after use iam still getting 356 karma plus i can only use it for 30mins cuz of the DR on an item that last for an hour, whats the deal guys? do you not want anyone to play the game. is this the kind of business we have to expect from Anet how about a refund think ill see any kind of reimbursement for my money spent…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Luna.2197

Luna.2197

what the deal karma has DR now and the boosters quit working as well. was in the straits today and doing events was getting x amount of xp and 356 karma and 1s 65c, figured id pop a 50% karma booster so now they way i figured i should be getting close to 500. not even close after use iam still getting 356 karma plus i can only use it for 30mins cuz of the DR on an item that last for an hour, whats the deal guys? do you not want anyone to play the game. is this the kind of business we have to expect from Anet how about a refund think ill see any kind of reimbursement for my money spent…

I’m having the same issue, trying to farm karma for a major part of my legendary is just absurd now, if this is whats left for me i’m done.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sanadin.8317

sanadin.8317

They changed DR as of yesterday’s patch. No notice was given in the patch notes and no statement has been made by the company since. It’s incredibly unprofessional and there are thousands of players who are hurt and frustrated by this action. Hopefully A-net will step up and at least start explaining the rationale.

A large portion of the community doesn’t understand because they haven’t exhausted the content or don’t care about karma related items or think this only hurts bots. It’s not hurting bots at all, just players. Some of the most dedicated players and patrons Anet has.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

Its annoying that the game has no sub, because if it did we would have voted with our wallets by now…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Wildclaw.6073

Wildclaw.6073

A large portion of the community doesn’t understand

I knew from the start that grind achievers would be heavily disappointed by GW2, and look, one month passes, and you have a swarm of them complaining on the forums every time a dungeon gets made more difficult or reward farming is prevented.

GW2 is a game aimed at explorers, socializers, performance achievers and competitive killers. It was never meant for grief killers or grinding achievers.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: sanadin.8317

sanadin.8317

A large portion of the community doesn’t understand

I knew from the start that grind achievers would be heavily disappointed by GW2, and look, one month passes, and you have a swarm of them complaining on the forums every time a dungeon gets made more difficult or reward farming is prevented.

GW2 is a game aimed at explorers, socializers, performance achievers and competitive killers. It was never meant for grief killers or grinding achievers.

We can argue all day about who GW2 was designed for and why we think so, but the fact is there is strong encouragement for and against grinding in this game. It’s not at all as black and white as you portray it.

(edited by sanadin.8317)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Nice, wasted 2 karma boosters.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

The game was touted and supposed to be for a vareity of people. You cannot state that it wasn’t designed for gear grinders since the put a grind in here.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

I can confirm the same thing. Was trying another test to see if I could get karma DR to kick in. I had one karma booster from a chest. Popped it but I was still getting the same Karma amount. In Cursed Shore before DR, it is 378 per event. I am on JQ so I think we get some kind of WvW bonus. But why did the karma amount not change with the booster?

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sundial.9015

Sundial.9015

Magic Find booster has been useless since the first DR loot implementation, nothing new here.

Stop buying boosters, speak with your wallet.

Sundial, Necromancer – Aurora Catulus, Engineer – Kaine Illuma, Elementalist
WvW Captain – Horde of Miscreations, Borlis Pass Alliance

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: TwinkleToes.8719

TwinkleToes.8719

The karma boosters work, the bonus karma doesnt get added to the event rewards shown on your screen, but it gets added passively.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Morgoth.4573

Morgoth.4573

The karma boosters work, the bonus karma doesnt get added to the event rewards shown on your screen, but it gets added passively.

If this is true, it should be implied on either the booster or the in-game buff. Strange that it wasn’t thought of.

I should point out that last night doing events in cursed shore, I gained more yellow items than I had ever before I think. Yes I was wearing full MF set, but no boosts at all.

Also I didn’t run into any DR for the first time actually trying to farm up some karma. If Arenanet has twigged some knobs somewhere in the code, then big thumbs up!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

Pay attention to your character after an event happens, you’ll see you get 560 karma. It pops up in the middle of the screen. It doesn’t show up on the top right, for some odd reason, but they do work.

I do agree about the DR affecting them though, I believe it has to be a bug otherwise arenanet is losing money as nobody will buy the boosters.