New Grenth, intentional or bugged?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

I had some strange behavior with the Corruption effect applied by the Shades. I know that 25 stacks of it causes you to be instantly downed, and that the “Entered Grenth’s Realm” buff makes it gain stacks faster. I had not done this event for a while before the recent changes, but I think the Corruption is removed when you are downed and rally, as well as wearing off in 60 sec.

Today, I had several instances of being insta-downed with only a few stacks of it on me. I had the buff to damage Shades, and was fighting a few. I had been fighting there for a while already, but this is when the problems started I was using ranged attacks on my engineer, so avoiding most of their attacks was easy. With only couple stacks of Corruption, I was instantly downed from near full HP, with nothing showing in my combat log that would have killed me. I was revived before being defeated, and before I could even get back the buff, I was instantly downed again. Combat log only showed 4-5 hits of 0 damage from Shades. This happened once or twice more, till I got downed while surrounded and ended up defeated.

After being defeated, I waypointed out and ran back. When I got back to the fight I pushed a few Shades away from Keeper Jonez and headed for the side room to get the buff again. There were a few shades almost on top of the ring/vortex, but I ran into it right by them. I’m not sure if I even managed to get the buff on me, but I was again hit by those 3-4 Shades for 0 damage and instantly downed. I had just ran back from a waypoint, so there is no way I had 25 stacks of Corruption. In fact, I had no stacks of Corruption, but the game was acting as if I had 25 stacks.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tim.9850

Tim.9850

Whoever was posting here claiming the area effect spells are not bad, has definitely not played it. Because it covers such a large area its literally impossible to avoid.

Then the game decides to drop you where ever it feels like, and insta kills you. There is NO skill in most of this fight. Its just like the Fire Elemental used to be, they just moved it to this mob.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

I missed the part where it’s unavoidable. The circles don’t overlap enough so as to cause major problems anymore

Depends on the size of the group. With many people there, Grenth covers the entire floor with vortexes, making it very likely for the group to be wiped.
With a small team the chance for each individual to be caught in a vortex is significantly smaller, making the event easier in absolute terms.

I predict this will be fixed, after Anet has “gone forward” a couple of months.

(edited by helladoom.4317)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kintari.4172

Kintari.4172

I missed the part where it’s unavoidable. The circles don’t overlap enough so as to cause major problems anymore

Depends on the size of the group. With many people there, Grenth covers the entire floor with vortexes, making it very likely for the group to be wiped.
With a small team the chance for each individual to be caught in a vortex is significantly smaller, making the event easier in absolute terms.

I predict this will be fixed, after Anet has “gone forward” a couple of months.

Even when the ‘entire floor’ is covered in vortices, if you have full endurance and pay attention, you can almost always avoid getting portalled. The problem is a lot of people waste their endurance dodging things that aren’t vortices, don’t have any sense of when the vortices are coming in the first place, and don’t make any attempt to top off their HP before vortices.

Kintari | Rintaki | Rin Taki | Kian Tir | Zahinn | Lith <<< Blackgate >>>

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: helladoom.4317

helladoom.4317

With the entire floor covered in vortexes how are you going to avoid ending a dodge roll inside a vortex?

Anyway, it looks like it did get fixed, though it took Anet less than a couple of months.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

Then you might consider rewarding better than blues and greens. Not just blues and greens with the odd rare and an infinitely small chance for an exotic and even smaller chance for a Precursor.

Ditto for the dragon encounters and other temple events.

Then they’d need to seriously buff the dragon encounters first. Right now they are pretty boring and faceroll. Yes, they buffed that aura/dot from Claw of Jormag to try to get people to actually protect and help the golems and not stand there just spamming attacks at claw, but the fight is still greatly missing something. The Orr fights are done a bit better. They need to redesign the other fights to be on that level at the very least. It would also be nice if each boss had the chance to drop its own unique reward.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sub Sink.4362

Sub Sink.4362

We are currently looking into the rewards for events like this. I will post more information on this as it becomes available. Risk vs Reward is most certainly something we are thinking about.

(3 months ago)
So how is that coming along?

Groups @ Greneth (After wipes, a failure, and multiple run backs) Rewards = Same as months ago and patches long past.
Groups @ Lyssa (After recent patch, new champ farmer and new champ 1 shotting gorilla) Rewards = The Same, though the event is MUCH harder and longer to complete.
Groups @ Jormag (After recent patch, takes so long to complete now and not more fun nobody even comes to help) Rewards = The Same, though the event is now a little harder and MUCH longer to complete.

There are more but those are the most prominent in my mind at the moment.

Those three events are something people ‘could’ enjoy but IMO… due to overzealous patching or attempts to stop farming… it’s done much more harm that good from the players stand point.

I miss feeling rewarded for a great struggle. I miss exploring across the world running into or finding a Champ you haven’t completed and with skill beating him on your own… WOW, exciting and what an accomplishment! OMG, no reward… really? Or 1 blue. Yes, it was fun… but the fun was greatly enhanced presuming that there would be a nice reward waiting for my 30min solo battle.

Anyhow… not to bash or take this off track… just something I’ve heard a lot of chatter about.

SKiN.

PS: I’d pay a subscription to be noticed, heard, or accommodated… and have fixes for known bugged\stuck world events (same day) – Not waiting months for a big patch.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

White – Salvage or sell to vendor unless contains ori.
Blue – Salvage or Sell to Vendor unless contains ori.
Green – Mystic Forge only for rares to make ectos (20% flat chance for rare from forge).
Yellow – Salvage for ectos only.
Orange – Sell to TP only. I have all exotic gear except my focus.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: XxTAFxX.6741

XxTAFxX.6741

Tbh it should have been the dragons that got a buff,not the temples.
grenth is impossible to complete now.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Draven.1542

Draven.1542

Let me play the devil’s advocate for all the ‘hardcore’ players in Tyria. You want harder end game and you whine on the forums to obtain your wishes. Much like any other MMO forum someone whines about it’s too hard or too easy. Well I’m here to point out a few things I find ironic in the debate between this divide for elitist jerks and casual gamers. Why is it you seek complex harder fights from open world events and more specifically temples with just high priests of gods?

I would presume if there was anything that should have ever been harder… It’s the loot train World Dragons. How is it that the dragons are easier to defeat and everyone shows up for them yet the mechanics are so generic that they reuse the same basic skills for all of the dragons? (i.e. Mass fear, wall spells and a variety of aoe damage types for being to close to the beast.) But you all would prefer to have the end game challenge be priests. Deceased humans smaller and definitely less powerful than any dragon spawn, a beast of vast magical power in epic proportions. Could you explain that for me elitist jerks? Could you explain how it makes sense that this being end game content should be harder than a world dragon to complete? The world dragons are the end game content.

The simple fact that anyone could believe this temple should be harder than the loot train all of you run every flippin’ day for rares and exotics from world dragons is hypocrisy in the highest caliber. You guys contradict yourselves at every turn preaching for challenge but, you’d probably complain that your loot train got ruined because they patch the dragons to be too difficult. I honestly think if Anet wants to take a reverse turn and start heading back to vanilla release date and make everything harder after patching everything to be more reasonable for all worlds… Well let just say that’s not very courteous customer appreciation.

We paid for the game and all parties should be happy with the end game results. Unfortunately only a few are impressed and since you’re elite and all that you probably don’t run them all that often anyways. Unless of course you’re holding a guildies hand for a new experience. Anyways have a wonderful day/evening ladies and gentlemen.

(edited by Draven.1542)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: TokenAmigo.6182

TokenAmigo.6182

Will there be a chance of getting better loot when or if we complete this event?

[SXC] Chicken Nugget Strap On 4lyf