Orr is completely, completely broken

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: BlueCheez.4873

BlueCheez.4873

1. About a third of the events are bugged. Preventing continuation of the event chain.

2. All events in Cursed Shore are in their “final event” stage. Everyone wears their “+magic find” items and just spam AoE at the “defend waypoint” event. No one ventures out of the waypoints. Why would you? All the events have been completed.

3. Anet claimed that orr would be challenging. I found it easier than lower level areas. And it’s not a scaling issue, I’ve completed many events with 2-3 people. With 500k karma vendors, do you seriously expect me to grind this content? Where’s the fun? Where’s the challenge? Why is this fun to repeat again? There’s no challenge, I can just push my autoattack and continue to not communicate with my zerging allies until I win.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dotimus.7096

Dotimus.7096

Yeah what I’ve noticed is people usually sit and wait for Grenth, Fiya (I think that’s her name), and Arah to come up and TP there to drop some AoE on the mobs. I ended up joining in on these because it seems to be the only reason to stay in Cursed Shore since there’s like 3 bugged skillpoints there that I can’t get to finish completion.

Dotimus Prime
High Grade Gaming
Guild Master

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Cawesome.1580

Cawesome.1580

Yeah the end game zones are looking bad, this is what we get for only being able to beta test the first 3 zones. It’s also why you see that those zones are so well done and the end game zones are just garbage. If they had broken the 80 levels into three tiers for each beta event it would’ve been fine imho.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DethLocke.6170

DethLocke.6170

I could not have said any of this better, so I’m just going to add to it. Orr is simply not finished. Every single area is broken, and screams it never received proper testing. End Game for Isle of Janthir server is spamming the southern force waypoint DE"s in Straits of Devastation. Yay.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: kaesebrezen.3104

kaesebrezen.3104

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

i was afraid end game content might be a mess. tbh, small price to pay for playing gw2 this summer. lucky for me, i wont get to endgame for at least another couple of weeks, maybe a month. sucks for the power levelers though, their experience may have been ruined. hopefully this is fixed by the time i get there =)

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: JonnyBigBoss.2071

JonnyBigBoss.2071

Agreed. The broken nature of Orr has made my early level 80 experience very poor.

JonnyBigBoss – 80 Engineer
Fort Aspenwood
The Ancient Order [TAO]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DethLocke.6170

DethLocke.6170

@nerva.7940

Even though i’m not happy about the state of the late game, I wouldnt say my experience is ruined at all. Its still an amazing game, and I only criticize with passion because I want this game to be the full potential they promised it would be, for everyone.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Solitaire.3680

Solitaire.3680

See, if the entire game was the “end game” and you could travel anywhere you wanted and experience your favorite zones it wouldn’t be such a huge deal if Orr needed fixing… but that everyone funnels there because its the easiest way to get karma and gold it causes big problems. I for one would rather not go there because I haven’t even made it to the 3rd zone and I hate the first 2 already they are dark and depressing and just ruin after ruin. The only place I enjoyed was the beach and fort trinity. Even if it was working as intended I don’t know that I would want to spend a lot of time there but I feel if I am ever to get enough gold for exotics then I don’t have a choice and it doesn’t make me optimistic about my future

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

See, if the entire game was the “end game” and you could travel anywhere you wanted and experience your favorite zones it wouldn’t be such a huge deal if Orr needed fixing… but that everyone funnels there because its the easiest way to get karma and gold it causes big problems. I for one would rather not go there because I haven’t even made it to the 3rd zone and I hate the first 2 already they are dark and depressing and just ruin after ruin. The only place I enjoyed was the beach and fort trinity. Even if it was working as intended I don’t know that I would want to spend a lot of time there but I feel if I am ever to get enough gold for exotics then I don’t have a choice and it doesn’t make me optimistic about my future

Er…Orr IS supposed to be nothing but undead-haunted ruins. I’m actually rather surprised that the northern parts of the Straits of Devastation are still so verdant.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Asum.4960

Asum.4960

I still think Orr should be at least dungeon difficulty, where you just can’t move without a organized group*.

Also Mobs desperately need AoE detection so they finally avoid these things.
If you want to have a mob stay in a AoE, you should have to work for it (cripple, freeze, knock down, stun..). AoE as autowin is just incredible boring, and leads automaticly to farmfests like we see now.

*Before solo players cry, i played so far only alone. I have 2 80’s, and i never played in a party outside of dungeons. NEVER. There is just no need for it, and nobody seems to want it either.
If Orr would be group content, there still would be the whole rest of the world to just roam around on your own.
But Orr should be a hell. It’s a freaking mess, full of undead, and atm there just is no challenging open world content, while people then hit a brick wall when trying dungeons.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Yeah the end game zones are looking bad, this is what we get for only being able to beta test the first 3 zones. It’s also why you see that those zones are so well done and the end game zones are just garbage. If they had broken the 80 levels into three tiers for each beta event it would’ve been fine imho.

I’m sure they had a large internal team testing later zones, I disagree that the zones are garbage, but they are bugged.

The problem is that some of the events work on other servers and bug on others. This makes it hard to find the bugs!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: SideByEach.3614

SideByEach.3614

The only challenge to these zones have been the mobs themselves. The crazy high spawn rate, relentless pursuit, huge agro ranges and annoying ability spamming (bleeds, poisons, burns, pulls, movement impairing effects).

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Derpinator.2894

Derpinator.2894

Hmmm. I think Asum.4960 just hit me with a ton of bricks.

I love this game and the world. It’s gorgeous, but something has been nagging at me since the very first time I logged in and has continued to bug me at a subconscious level up until just now.

Now that I’m 80, other than the dungeons, it feels like I can go ANYWHERE in this game alone if I’m willing to just run past the mobs. And the only reason I didn’t feel this way leveling up was because I was still leveling and didn’t notice the extreme freedom of mobility.

I remember in other games (EQ for instance) there were, even at max level, entire zones where you had to have a group to move. Each mob, each pull was a true challenge and the rewards were excellent for pulling together to get to your destination.

THAT is what’s missing in this game. Truly challenging open world content.

<headdesk>

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Darkorical.9213

Darkorical.9213

While I do try to stray away from too much complaining I must say that I was greatly dissatisfied with the orr 70-80 zones the lack of hearts made me go O_o?! and the aggro range and sheer quantity of mobs made it overwhelming for me even tho I had recently been quoted as saying “Hey its not so bad they are only 5 levels above me”. I was serious about it too from 40-68 or so I was easilly killing things way above me. In the end I gave up on orr and went to level via crafting for the 74-80 levels. In the end I actually liked doing it that way and have since went back to orr to work on the zones but still feel that the whole zone is simply unfinished

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

This is really starting to annoy. Both Balathazar and Grenth temple chains appear busted on Yak’s Bend. Grenth is for sure, because there is a missing NPC supposed to complete an event and he is just missing. Yet the event does not fail or pass, mobs have just been zerging into the event for hours and hours while people sit there and farm them.

Balthazar has not progressed for hours either, even though all the surrounding events have been completed numerous times.

There are broken skill points all over the Orr zones.

So fine, go into World vs World for a while. Whoops, one of the Garrison Keep Lords is bugged in one of our borderlands, he simply cannot be damaged and reads invulnerable. Which led to the silliness of 50 attackers sitting in the garrison holding it for all purposes except we cannot actually cap it since the Keep Lord will not die.

Anet has a lot of work to do.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

Balthazar and Melandru temples are bugged on Sanctum of Rall. Grenth and Arahs are working though. I just wish that all of the zones were endgame zones, where
karma and loot are scaled to level. I know it wouldn’t work as an 80 would be unable to gather lower tiered trophies if this were the case but it would be great if the T6 trophies and Gathering nodes were in every zone, not just the level 80 zones. I would love to have more reasons to take my level 80 back to the lower level zones besides just karma and world completion.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hyral.4168

Hyral.4168

This is exactly what I came to find. Basically all this quote.

I still love this game, but something has to be done about the 55+ zone events. I’ve noticed this problem in Charr lands too, probably also relating to the beta inexperience.

It’s too much of a hindrance, and frustrating, to continuously find inert orange circles. About half the time, all they mean is nearby vendors won’t vend. I’ve seen one event on my own server in Ascalon that’s been going on for two days, at 7/8 waves of Ogres – this isn’t even in a high level area.

I really, really hope Arenanet gets on this soon.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Grimgold.9035

Grimgold.9035

Yeah recently hit 72, and thought “Why not go to Orr, see what the end game is like”. That was the last time I played about a week ago. I’ve enjoyed GW2 and Orr is a neat concept (pure DE for content) that is a train wreck in it’s current implmentation. Goldfarmers and botters at every DE, bugs as far as the eye can see, and then there is the tagging issue, to wit bring an AoE or go home empty handed. The game isn’t ruined for me, but I just don’t feel like completing the grind in it’s current state. I’ll check back in a month and see how things are then.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Yukishiro.8792

Yukishiro.8792

Orr is awful right now. On JQ it is just 50+ players in every base spamming aoe skills for hours on end. One botter has been sitting there spamming skills for like the past 36 hours straight.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

2. All events in Cursed Shore are in their “final event” stage. Everyone wears their “+magic find” items and just spam AoE at the “defend waypoint” event. No one ventures out of the waypoints. Why would you? All the events have been completed.

That’s not true. There’s tons of events in the northwest, but if people were to farm those they’d quickly reach the dynamic event cap and get their rewards removed.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Joseph.3860

Joseph.3860

Atleast it can be fixed. Just hold in there all I bet withing 2 weeks Orr will be much better. Remember also that DEs are incredibly complicated, especially without the testing done in Starter Zones during DEs.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ZzwillezZ.5627

ZzwillezZ.5627

Read the wiki patch notes…. SOME DE’s are fixed and also the cinematic bugs are fixed… I don’t know if this includes Orr or not.. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates
Hope this included Orr

Anet fix this!! Please!! Gw2 is going down to the grave.. Add more stuff!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Aaron.4807

Aaron.4807

This is still a problem in Sanctum of Rall. I would LOVE to buy Temple of Balthazar armor but it is freaking bugged, along with almost all of the other temples and DEs on all three Orr maps.

Wrekks/Wrekts

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sorry.6741

Sorry.6741

This isnt so much about bugged events in particular, but about the state of them especially in Orr.
(as for bugged events, there are so many I know Arenanet are aware or they’d have to be completely blind to their own product so I wont talk about those)

I stopped doing events in Orr alltogether, excepting the cathedral event if it happens while Im there scrounging for ori. Can you blame me?
When I am near penitent or meddler camp fx. all I see is spam of AE at the entrance, wether they be bots or real people, they are killing the event mobs so fast the mobs are not even RENDERED, before they are dead. – If they dont spam, they dont get a tag on the mob, so no loot and no contribution. Yet it is so laughable this zerg, this devolution of the core intent to this fest of karma grind. Noone cares about the game deteriorating into a seizure inducing spam fest of spell effect spam. We only care about getting a hit in on the wave we may or may not see before the mobs are dead. The only indication being something sparkling on the ground to loot afterwards. This is 24/7 in these areas.

What a joke. Its so sad that this is what Orr is about. – When I came there during pre- it was still functioning. We didnt rush out to meet waves of mobs because we worried we wouldnt get a tag on the kill, we didnt have to. – The mobs even made it inside the perimeters sometimes. – Now its lost all meaning. – Im not blaming the players. Im blaming the event design. Its not apropriately scaled at all for the amount of players exposed to any given event. It needs to be much more tailored to the population of the zone total. – So if there are hundreds of players in any given Orr zone, let that show in the preassure on the camps. So if we lose the camp players need to attend to that area, and so on so forth. /sigh.

It isnt challenging. Orr is easy, there is no risk at all, there is nothing to stop me from feeling the grind, seeing the karma farm, and feeling the ease of it. Well except perhaps a seizure due to all the dazzling spell spam. Is that really what you envisioned for Orr?

(edited by Sorry.6741)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: nerva.7940

nerva.7940

about time Orr gets fixed…after all, it is the open world part of the “endgame”.

Ikiro – 80 Ranger
Umie – 80 Guardian
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgLbWtvtzdU0Ho0zto6VnTQ

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: shingui.4197

shingui.4197

I’ve pretty much quit my level 80 thief for now, until the orr zones get fixed (it’s rather funny and tragic. after the last patch the temple of balthazzar event started working for awhile…a good hour or so, then the southern invasion decided they didn’t want to send out their reinforcements any more, and just like that, zone broken again. Sad really.), this is because i’ve become somewhat of a completionist when it comes to zones in GW2. That meaning, i won’t leave a zone until i’ve atleast taken part in every meta event chain, to it’s completion, since some of these chains are excellent and great fun, and not being able to play them feels like i’m skipping content and leaving zones unfinished.

I’ll continue playing my ranger for the time being, hoping every day, that the Balthazzar event will finally be fixed so i can finally enjoy the zone to it’s fullest.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: biggs.4702

biggs.4702

Not to say these problems with Orr aren’t real or legit, cuz they are, but you DO know there’s an entire other 70 – 80 zone, right? One that doesn’t seem to have quite this many problems? It’s not like you have to quit the game or something.

The obstacle is the path.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: bobzebrick.5309

bobzebrick.5309

Yeah there is biggs but have you tried to do events in those areas too? They are almost as bad as Cursed Shore and most are blocked or very slow when I try. Temple of Balthazar for example hasn’t been working since launch as far as I know.

I go to Cursed Shore, Malchor Leap, Straits of Devastation and then Frostgorge occasionally for the Dragon event and all areas have their problems.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: MurderitoSupreme.8209

MurderitoSupreme.8209

Some things are just completely ridiculous, like at the Alter of Lies in Malchors Leap, you may have control of the point and want to buy something from the karma vendor but too bad, cause as soon as you way point there’s gonna be 10 guys all standing right there and you will never be able to even reach the steps without getting killed. Its stuff like that where I just sit back and think “really anet…..”. Things like that need to be fixed ASAFP!!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Turgon.8625

Turgon.8625

I find it interesting how Anet said they didn’t want the game to change wants you hit level 80 ‘The endgame starts at level 1’ philosophy’.

The game does change at level 80 – it turns into a reaction game outside outposts to see who can put their aoe down first to catch a kitten of health from the incoming waves of enemies. This is not the endgame I was expecting.

I remember in beta weekend 1 some of the centuar attacks in the first human zone being brutally over-tuned, it was great. I was kind of hoping for a similar or harder kind of difficulty to be in Orr.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

I find it interesting how Anet said they didn’t want the game to change wants you hit level 80 ‘The endgame starts at level 1’ philosophy’.

The game does change at level 80 – it turns into a reaction game outside outposts to see who can put their aoe down first to catch a kitten of health from the incoming waves of enemies. This is not the endgame I was expecting.

I remember in beta weekend 1 some of the centuar attacks in the first human zone being brutally over-tuned, it was great. I was kind of hoping for a similar or harder kind of difficulty to be in Orr.

Oh yeah, one of the Beta events had suitable difficulty. Forgot which one. I actually died frequently though. I didn’t get downed until 30% of the way through Kessex Hills, after I completely finished Queensdale, and I don’t grind out my levels either.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I just wish 80% of events were about more than spamming AoE into a group of mobs that dies in about 2 seconds.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Bluebizzer.1950

Bluebizzer.1950

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed when I got to Orr.

I can sort of understand why they made the rest of the game so easy (even though they said they weren’t going to just cave to all the whiners) but I don’t understand why Orr couldn’t have been made a challenge.

Before I got there, I had pictured it as being a big battle where we were constantly gaining and losing control of areas, sometimes having to retreat and re-group at a starting base camp etc. Needing to fight on multiple fronts at the same time and all that.

They seem to be all upset that people just sit around farming, and keep spending all their time trying to prevent it but really it’s their own fault, the whole zone is essentially setup and designed for just that.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lumines.3916

Lumines.3916

@Bluebizzer,

They do have that, sort of..just there’s no reason to really do it other than FARM FARM FARM. Straits has a few underwater events that no one ever does which is a chain where you have to defend submarine reinforcements that eventually give you a chance to settle on land, failing means retreating back to the water.

It’s just no one ever does it, to most people, there’s no reason to do so. The only events being done are the farm routes and the temple ones to buy their gear, that’s it.

If instead of just summoning lemmings to AoE death, “DYNAMIC SCALING” worked as advertised where mobs behaved differently or different ones (more vets/champs) spawned OR different mechanics unlocked relative to player #s, then it’d be a different story.

But yea, right now, it’s lets see who can tag fastest and karma zerg zerg..

in Dynamic Events

Turgon.8625

This zone would transform over night if these events were tweaked and suddenly became difficult.

They would just be so much more…..dynamic!

(sorry)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sepp.9025

Sepp.9025

What i don’t like about Orr:

- Too many Risen and fast respawn makes exploring Orr a pain
- Events in Orr is all about “tagging” mobs ASAP so that you can loot all, because they die in 3 seconds. (also discourages condition builds)

in Dynamic Events

Turgon.8625

3 seconds is a bit of an exaggeration don’t you think?

It’s more like under a second!