Overflow, overflow, overflow...

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

No comment from anyone at Arena-net… typical.

I don’t understand why they just ignore all the threads and issues… when you contact support they tell you to post here… you post here and it’s just black hole of text that vanishes into nothingness.

An official statement would be the least that they could do – you know, in the spirit of customer service…?

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: VoodooStreet.9726

VoodooStreet.9726

I just love the fact that we can’t guest and fill their WvW, but they can come to our server and keep us from PvE. One-sided much?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Toast.6459

Toast.6459

Missed my own world’s Claw (SoS) because of all the people guesting. Something needs to be done, it’s idiotic how players not exploiting the guest system are unable to do the large events because of a greedy group of players that thinks their entitled to farm every chest on every server on every character they have. Yes people who do it, you’re exploiting, guesting wasn’t intended for you to farm large events a hundred times a day.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: ley.8973

ley.8973

It is not just guesting, it is also the fact all the bosses are on predictable timer (say, 2 hours after the last kill, plus 30 minute spawn window). If you know the last kill time, it is very easy to predict the next spawn – and there are several cooperative web apps doing exactly that.

Overflows are not caused by people simply guesting at random. They are caused by people who know exactly when and where to guest.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Simple solution: make chests once per account per day
- everyone will be happy, there will be less overflows, and ecto price will go up
You’re welcome.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: EternalChild.7623

EternalChild.7623

I’m pretty sure the rewards will be nerfed back in 1-2 weeks time, when devs will see that these events are not becoming less popular. And why should they become less popular, when currently they are the most efficient way to get rare/exotic loot? You can spend 1 hour and a half doing lvl38 fractals, or 1 minute in Frozen Maw (actually just 1 hit on the shaman is enough) and you will get the same 2 rares on average.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Can a dev please respond to this? I have been denied the last four dragon events I have tried to do because of guesting and overflow

(edited by Amun Ra.6435)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

At least can the overflow servers be on the same timer as the main server, so we can complete the event on the server we get sent to?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Thuran.7624

Thuran.7624

So, i stood around for 20 mins waiting for the event to start, then when the pre-event spawns it causes the game to crash, i instantly log back in only to find ive been thrown to overflow, just making all of the wait kittening pointless!

Yes, I am certainly having fun in this game…..

(as an aside, on thursday there was barely anyone playing guild wars, so events flowed nicely , didnt die instantly and without lag and it was awesome!)

Give us account wide 1-chest-per-boss already!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Thraxas.6354

Thraxas.6354

Maybe put all guests automatically into overflow on every map til they’d been on a server for (6?) hours … this would leave the non-overflow for server home players.

+1 to would like to see a statement from Anet.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Draymos.5489

Draymos.5489

Get rid of guesting now! Please its quite annoying too many goldfarmers or people just camping every freaking dragon on all servers its quite annoying.
Put limits on this garbage mechanic now!!!! That is more than a request if you want people to stay in game.
I never had any lag in this game ever until this kitten guesting that you can’t do abilities or can’t get dragon because I put in in overflow in my own darn server. keep people off my server camping our world bosses period! If they want ot guest to get temple of baltizier fine. World bosses should be off limits quite honestly when there is overlow and too much lag.

> put guesters on overflow automatically period, not people on server but guests.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: AlecFair.1270

AlecFair.1270

Id say remove guesting period. If people complain about not being able to play with their friends tell them they should just transfer to the server. If they complain about costs, tell them should have done it when it was free. In fact allow free transfers for a week so those same people can go to their “Friends Server” that way we can actually be able to do world bosses without a problem of worrying about getting shoved into an overflow because of people guesting to farm rares and gold and not being able to because of too many people to even join your group.

That or kick guesters out as soon as a world boss event starts. Because I have not been able to fight a world boss for over a week now because of this and dont feel like sitting around for 2 hours before the guesters start to pour in just to even fight a stupid dragon.

Tarnished Coast – Got mah Toast on. :V
Tizzle Mindwrack – Crazy Asura Lore Keeper of [AARM]

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Panda Shepard.1248

Panda Shepard.1248

How about we just kick everyone not participating in the event? Then all the campers can farm their chests.

This is so funny. I’m gonna laugh if they get rid of guesting and you guys are all still stuck in overflows just because of all the the “home server” campers. I wonder who’ll be the scapegoat then?

We didn’t have this problem until the loot changed. Guesting’s been around longer than this problem.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: yedi.2713

yedi.2713

Just got into my first chest event in a week, and it only took me over an hour of sitting around doing nothing waiting for Jormag to spawn. Second the boss starts up, game crashes. Log in, OVERFLOW.

Thank you ANET for this wonderful waste of time. I’m done with this trash heap.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: KINGRPG.3492

KINGRPG.3492

I think that the problem right now is everyone likes to transfer or guest to the top world. It is an imbalance (both PVE & WvW) when Anet changed the world from Full to Very High.

Sorry for my beginner English / http://www.kingrpg.net My Blog

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Demented Lemur.7861

Demented Lemur.7861

I think the best solution would be 1 chest for that specific event across all servers that way you dont have as many people guesting second possible solution would be to lower rare loot chance depending on how many chest you have already obtained if you have obtained 1 chest higher loot chance if youve obtained 4 lower loot chance than if you only obtained 1 chest and definately priortize home world players getting into non overflow

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Stratzvyda.3921

Stratzvyda.3921

The simplest solution is to simply have all dragon pre-events start at the same time, for all servers. Don’t need to change the frequency or do any weird guesting priorities just eliminate the incentive for guesting by not staggering the dragons. People in the server won’t be affected at all(except fewer people to fight dragons, but with rewards as they are i doubt that’d be serious)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

How about we just kick everyone not participating in the event? Then all the campers can farm their chests.

This is so funny. I’m gonna laugh if they get rid of guesting and you guys are all still stuck in overflows just because of all the the “home server” campers. I wonder who’ll be the scapegoat then?

We didn’t have this problem until the loot changed. Guesting’s been around longer than this problem.

This is absurd. No problems with overflows for events until guesting started. That is why these threads just popped up over the last few weeks.

Please respond in some way Anet, the account bound 1 time event per day suggestion is the best option to stop these farmers/exploiters. Guesting is meant to connect friends on different servers, not farm more events.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

No, seriously, it’s not guesting that’s causing this, it’s mainly your own server population ACTUALLY DOING THE EVENTS. A lot of people didn’t do the world bosses at all before the chest drops were upped, because unless, like me, you actually have fun doing the boss fights, the loot was not worth it at all before. Now that it is, a lot more people are doing these events, especially during prime time. Think: When’s the last time you actually got LA overflow? I haven’t been kicked into it at all during prime time since this change, where as from the time I got the game in November until then I was in LA overflow every single time. Did all those people quit, or are they waiting for SB/Maw/Teq whatever now? Couple that with them lowering the people/area cap to fight the lag problem and it turns out to be not as simple as shutting off guesting.

Mind you, the guesting doesn’t help, especially during prime time fights. Turning off guesting, however, will end up screwing people with limited amounts of time to play because they won’t be able to do the boss battles they want to do. The people who are guesting aren’t doing it just to mess up your day, they’re doing it because they have 2 hours to play and Shatterer doesn’t spawn on their server for another 3 hours.

The solution is not as simple as shutting down guesting, it’s really a bandwidth/hardware and possibly general engine problem. Or I guess drop the loot back to where it was before, but then you’ve just got me and 20 other people doing them and they become almost wasted content again.

Disclaimer: I have never used the guesting feature for any reason whatsoever and do not plan on using it in the future.

(edited by rizzo.1079)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sousui.1635

Sousui.1635

It is not guesting, but clearly the population on everyones server did not double.. anet dropped the cap of players ikittenone down considerably without announcing it.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Sousui.1635

Sousui.1635

“n. a. z” is censored? good lord what for? .. urban dictionary … meh slang for ganster? I must be getting to old.

anyways that is supposed to say “in. a. zone”

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Dyvim.8293

Dyvim.8293

…Turning off guesting, however, will end up screwing people with limited amounts of time to play because they won’t be able to do the boss battles they want to do. The people who are guesting aren’t doing it just to mess up your day, they’re doing it because they have 2 hours to play and Shatterer doesn’t spawn on their server for another 3 hours.

The solution is not as simple as shutting down guesting, it’s really a bandwidth/hardware and possibly general engine problem. Or I guess drop the loot back to where it was before, but then you’ve just got me and 20 other people doing them and they become almost wasted content again.

Disclaimer: I have never used the guesting feature for any reason whatsoever and do not plan on using it in the future.

Turning it off would be a heckuva good start. Better you screw over guests than screw over people ON THEIR OWN SERVER. That is so obvious it shouldnt really need to be stated.

But yeah, the silence from anet on this is ridiculous. This is the first time they have really really lost my goodwill as a customer. I hope they fix it…I had hoped I had found a dev shop with a frakkin clue, at least the start of one, compared to BW, SOE, Cryptic, etc. Looks like I may have been wrong.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Wilmella.1048

Wilmella.1048

Please do something about the guesting on events… it is spoiling the experience of the game to have to go to an event so long before on your own home server just because people are guesting around to get the loot. I really hope you are looking in to this matter.

The people on the home server should get first in line… Im not a guesting player and I don’t want to stand and wait for 30min to be able to particiapte. This have startded lately before it was no problem and was working fine.

I don’t know exaclty how guesting works but couldnt there be a limit for how many time you can be a guest in the same day?

(edited by Wilmella.1048)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

Ye I can’t do most events now because of that. This whole overflow thing is stupid from t he very start, they should have just added multiple districts you can choose from like in GW1, with events happening at the same time. I mean why should for example shadow behemoth spawn in “regular” server but not in overflow? Yea the chests are rewarding now but no use if you can’t even participate now!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

Turning it off would be a heckuva good start. Better you screw over guests than screw over people ON THEIR OWN SERVER. That is so obvious it shouldnt really need to be stated..

I guess I should have stated this: Turning off guesting wouldn’t really help I don’t think. Seriously, next time you do an event in prime time see if you can find out how many guests there are. If it’s any more than 10-15 I"ll eat my hat.

I’m not saying you don’t have a right to complain, because it’s friggen annoying to not be able to do an event because of hitting overflow, but at least complain about the right thing: A.net, please up the max map population. This may very well actually be a case where “Throwing more hardware at it” really will help, if so, do it!

I mean why should for example shadow behemoth spawn in “regular” server but not in overflow?

Because overflow is a combination of players from many different servers. You have 1 overflow server for every x regular servers. Can’t synch the events from many different servers to the single overflow.

(edited by rizzo.1079)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Twelves.2013

Twelves.2013

I will not spend another dime on gems until they fix the overflow DE issues. If I can’t get priority to the events on my home server then the game is broken in my opinion. Guesting players should be removed from the zone if a home player is in the queue. I’m done with this game until they fix this exploit.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Abyssion.7386

Abyssion.7386

This is a critical issue and I am quite surprised that I cannot find a response from the game designers on this. To fix this, one of the following need to take place:
-Main servers need to be bigger to accommodate the players wanting to participate in the group events
-Guesters need to have last priority and pushed into overflow whenever another player from the home server arrives
-Or players waiting in overflow get chest rewards as well for the events they are waiting patiently for to participate in.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Don’t quite understand the problem. 1st of all over the last 4 weeks I have been put in to overflow the total of ….2 times!!!! Ouch! One was for the behe and the other for the claw. It happen last night (sat mar 17)
So all that were there continuied to play the claw when the event started and most stayed when their cue asked to them to stay or go. Jormag event started and we put him down. Obviously there were fewer players, but more than enough to kill him. Some of the comments from the people playing were ‘wow—I can actually see him; look at the claws; I can see all the effects; this is awesome!!’ and on and on. When the chest fell, comments like I never get this much stuff and other similar comments about the loot. During the battle when ever the cue message came up—-I didn’t choose to leave the overflow.

So the bottom line —we did the event, we had a better experience, no lag, we could actually see what was going on and,,,,,, the chest dropped and we got better/more loot on the overflow claw of jormag event!!!!
I’ll have to check out the others when the next rare ‘in my experience’ overflow happens.
BTW I always play during what I consider the peek times for my time zone.

(edited by Blude.6812)

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Nuvo.5014

Nuvo.5014

I think the problems here is not the guesting but something else. I been looking and its seem that the capacity of the maps was lowered, to fight the lag.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

This is absurd. No problems with overflows for events until guesting started. That is why these threads just popped up over the last few weeks.

You might be a point, if guesting hadn’t been added in January.

I don’t know exaclty how guesting works but couldnt there be a limit for how many time you can be a guest in the same day?

There already is one, and has been since it was introduced.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Shadamehr.1284

Shadamehr.1284

There’s also the problem of low levels (extremely low level) at high level events. They’re a selfish pain, farming for exotics at everyone’s expense, expecting everyone to rez them, even if standing in fire to do so, so they can profit ! They contribute nothing, attract adds to your charrzooka group on Jormag, when overflows are happening they’re basically taking the place of players the event is designed for. I mean whats the point ? The highest rare you’ll get is 39 and once in a while you may get a single exotic. We have a level 18 at that regularly turns up at the Tequatl, Shatterer and Jormag events, and tonight we had 40s at Jormag as well. Its getting beyond a joke. Get to 60, 70 or 80 and help out, it doesn’t take that much effort, don’t be spongers !!!

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Mooodster.3470

Mooodster.3470

The idea iv come to like is NO CHEST FOR GUESTS sense the guesting system was put in place to play with friends. While that seemed like a good idea i think it has been being abused by the (farmers) of meta events and for the non hardcore player who is not willing to show up 20-30 min b4 events such as Jormag or Shadow Behemoth this pretty much means u wont get to do them and that is taking away from there gaming experience. I like this idea case it would allow you to still play with your friends as intended but reduce or eliminate the overflow caused by guests coming to get chests..

Some of us don’t use guesting and it seems we are getting punished for not using that system

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Fyastarter.1564

Fyastarter.1564

I had a “funny” experience today. I was doing Frostgorge Sound with an alt, so i’d been on the map for about an hour.

The map channel was ablaze with the notion that the time window for Jormag’s claw was about to start.
True to this the performance in the entire zone startet to drop. Increased lags but still playable to a certain degree. Then all of a sudden the lags spiked and after a nice little slideshow of various images I got disconnected and found myself on the character screen with the error code i’m sadly familiar with these days. When I logged back in I was in the overflow.
Now since I was just there for map completion and not particularly for the dragon – though I wouldn’t have minded to take part since i was already there – I wasn’t overly annoyed. Just a bit.

Why does someone who’s been active on the map for about an hour get kicked because the map can’t handle the sudden influx of players due to the possible start of the dragon event in the near future and then land in the overflow? Seriously?

This is exactly what just happened to me…

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Kestrelle.8165

Kestrelle.8165

This is still happening in spite of the recent patch.

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

It was expected to continue……that was plainly obvious, via common sense, during high concurrency.

Serenity now~Insanity later

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

All they need to do to fix it and leave the intent behind guesting in place is make guesting require an invite from a server resident every time. No more overflows, and the people who want to play with their friends on other servers still can and the treasure hunters will have to stay on their own servers where they belong.

One of the best idea i read on this forum so far. I wish someone at Anet was listening..

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter