Please fix events before introducing of them

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Ackzabar.1693

Ackzabar.1693

I’m currently trying to do the Lost Shores event chain, but have got stuck on the Canach event. He won’t turn attackable, so it isn’t possible to complete the event. Then comes a mail telling me there is a karka attack in Kessex Hills, but when I go there I see no karka, nor any other players. After that I travel back to Canach, but he is still bugged, so I stop doing these event ’cause travelling around gets kind of expensive.

Apparently there are other Lost Shores events stuck like this, and since the release there have been a multitude of events that have been broken. Personally, I’m a casual player, and all these broken events take away a lot of fun from the game. I’d rather be doing them than farm dungeons.

Let’s face it, events aren’t currently working well enough to be a major part of the game. The Plinx farming made that quiet obvious. Why don’t you fix the game engine before introducing content that will be bugged anyway?

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: jal.1286

jal.1286

This makes me wonder what the hell all the beta events prior to release were for. This game is still not ready for release and they keep releasing more bugged garbage and expecting us to test it for them. Hey Arena Net, you should give your employees a little notice before you begin layoffs, it’s just the right thing to do and it’s getting close to christmas.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien, President of Arenanet

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: kagejuin.4713

kagejuin.4713

yeah, not just this event but events all over thw game world? make them fun, engaging and rewarding. please. I do not intend to farm ridiculous amounts of hours in thoe horrible sado masochistic things you want to call dungeons. Dungeons are supposed to be fun, team oriented and cool challenges.

for now… this game sucks at delivering what we want.

all it does is give farmers an upper hand and try and scam us regular players out of money with their stupid monhly events

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: DJZephyr.4921

DJZephyr.4921

Blizzard, Cryptic, even SOE had testing servers for their games- WoW, Star Trek Online, and Star Wars Galaxies respectively. Arenanet needs to take some lessons from these long-time game makers, and actually have people test stuff before releasing hordes of bugs into the live servers.

And its not just the bugs, either. It’s the nonsense gameplay decisions- like getting nearly insta-gibbed by mobs I can’t even/barely have a chance to attack. Yesterday, it was the horrid jumping puzzle in Lornar’s Pass- you fall almost to your death, and then one hit from a griffon ruins your run, either by killing you or destroying the stupidly fragile bomb you’re supposed to carry to the end. Today it’s the underground worms in one part of the new map- they hit you for nearly all your health, then you get locked in place so the next one can finish you for sure. And there’s plenty of other situations where players can get ganked sumtin’ fierce, or where the mobs are just ridiculously tough. I mean, seriously, does Anet hate its own customers or something?

Being insta’d is no fun in a DUNGEON, let alone in a world map. Don’t put this kinda crap in, Anet- we want CHALLENGES, not headaches.

Read the whole post or DO NOT REPLY.
Zeppillin (Eng), Neudel (Rngr)- Crystal Desert

(edited by DJZephyr.4921)