Shatterer and Tequatl

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

Why would anyone do those dragon encounter after seeing them first time? Im not saying they are not fun, but im wondering what would motivate player to go out of its way to encounter them since chest is poor, karma and xp can be gained in better places…

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: cpg.7140

cpg.7140

The achievements perhaps? Although those are really just a matter of luck, I suppose.

Hobwash
[TAS] – The Asuran Squad
Devona’s Rest

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Rysinsun.7306

Rysinsun.7306

The same can be said about a lot of events unfortunately. The incentive to repeat these events simply is not there (chance of unique skin or mini pet for example) and as you say items, exp and karma can be farmed in better places. Shame really.

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

kRiza krimos.1637

The achievements perhaps? Although those are really just a matter of luck, I suppose.

Ok lets say there would be a reson to do them twice, for achievement sake. But then after that you can forget about them, no reason to come back.
At least when you go to Jormag you know there is a chance for lodestone, even a crazy small chance for pre-cursor, other dragons cant offer reward even close to that.
Shame, two nice dragons wasted…

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Starscream.6498

Starscream.6498

Mind you, Shaterrer is much more fun now that they made him a challenge.

1. HP pool increased, doesn’t go down in 5 minutes anymore.
2. Increased Crystal Prison trap frequency.
3. Increased amount of Branded on the field.
4. Increased frequency of the Branded Griffon Lieutenants landing on the mortars and disrupting the fireworks.
5. Brand new (not pun intended) crystal chain ability, he sends out crystals in 3-5 lines all teh way to the mortars and it impales you on a giant crystal and deals heavy damage if you get hit by it. Looks really cool.

And because all of these, the mortars tend to get destroyed more frequently, so it’s not just shooting them at him the entire fight, AND the healing crystals require ORGANIZATION, since there are more of those too, and you need to be prepared for them and take them down asap.

I absolutely adore the new Shaterrer. Honestly I don’t care about his loot anymore, I do Claw and him(since latest patch) just for the fun, getting good loot being a fortunate side effect.

I agree though, that, even though I visit it once in a while, Tequatl needs a bit of reworking. Emptying my rifle into it with the occasional megalaser is not that fun.

(edited by Starscream.6498)

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: General V Hdan.4031

General V Hdan.4031

Dude, slaying dragons is epic.

Claw of Jormag’s event’s sountrack changes to an epic one, the cold ground makes you(ur character) shiver with damage, take up your role guarding the cannons or breaking the ice shield or protecting the golems.

I still see many people dying at Sunless, which is quite interesting because the poison marks and bloaters are kinda obvious. But kind hearted people still ress them (I sometimes leave them to ress back at the WP cause the poison is just too strong to ress them)

Shatterer has been improved much from the first Shatterer, making it harder to down. Previously it could be down in 5 mins, and people will all kill it first when 2 dragons are in bound. Now, it’s harder. (refer to the gentleman starscream above’s nice description of the dragon)

I enjoy the 3 dragon fights because while waiting, there’s loads of crap and rubbish as well as gossips shared, plus the various people’s theories on this game like mf and etc etc etc (quite interesting)

In any case, the rewards may be so-so but so many people wait for these 3 dragons. I do hope they have more dragons at least, because it’s quite fun during dragon fights.

Lastly, if u think fighting dragons is still bullkitten, okay, the main thing is you have a chance of getting rares, in which 4 rares you combined MAY get you a precursor.

P.S: THERE"S SOMETHING IN THE WATER…..

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

Im not saying they are not fun…

If you think they are fun, shouldn’t that be enough reason in itself?

Its the same reason I often find myself in any lower level zone where I know there are events I enjoy.

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

kRiza krimos.1637

Im not saying they are not fun…

If you think they are fun, shouldn’t that be enough reason in itself?

Its the same reason I often find myself in any lower level zone where I know there are events I enjoy.

They were fun events first, maybe second and third time. They are not that much fun to spend 3s for WP just to kill them. Also, last time ive been at shatterer there was other guy trying to solo him before i joined him. That speaks alot about how much people are doing it…
Im saying, alot of things in game are also fun but more rewarding, werent dragons supposed to be that epic thing Anet was advertizing. From my previous experiences with all sorts of dragons i can say they all had stash of shineys worth risking your skin. These dragons barely have enough for bus ticket in their chests.

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

Lastly, if u think fighting dragons is still bullkitten, okay, the main thing is you have a chance of getting rares, in which 4 rares you combined MAY get you a precursor.

Someone got a precursor from Tequatl while I was mapping Sparkfly Fen.

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

Fun. That’s my main reason to play the dragon. When I log on I first check dragon timers. For a time limited player it’s the most epic content available. I kitten on rewards, the reason I play GW2 is because rewards are not relevant.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

the first time i did the dragons i thought, “wow, that’s epic! what a cool event!”

now i autoattack, go afk, and collect my blue trash loot for salvaging.

dragons should be a lot harder, and give much better loot, imo.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: mcarswell.3768

mcarswell.3768

i’m sure they were BSing. the dragons don’t even drop exotics, much less precursors.

Berner | Nitzerebb | Suna | Shivayanama
[TSFR] – Jade Quarry

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

i’m sure they were BSing. the dragons don’t even drop exotics, much less precursors.

Wrong get your facts straight, claw of jormag does, the other 2 dont.

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Zileve.2089

Zileve.2089

Well, world event chests seem to drop at least exotics now (Got a named Focus from the Caledon Forest world event), so I’d assume the dragons drop the same if not better now.

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Vinny.6924

Vinny.6924

Better rewards more interest.

Dungeons for example have great rewards which is why they are always full.

Commander Ahria – Warrior – Stormbluff Isle

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i was rely happy to see the dragons its very epic
bummer if there to many players it dies to fast

hope Anet wil make a system when more players are there they make the dragons stronger shatter can be dead in so 5 min when alot are there not rely a boss fight XD

sunless is epic to but again it dies to fast with to many players
and less jormag was ubber great had a good time even if am lvl 65

ok i die much but it was fun
maby they get stronger when more pll are there ad least we need to fight for it ^^

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I agree, Shatterer 2.0 is a blast. I run him regularly on my mesmer for the pure fun of it. And on my server, at least, the dragons still attract many, many players. It’s a social event of its own.

And Shatterer is still my top pick for best death animation in the game.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Shatterer and Tequatl

in Dynamic Events

Posted by: Rovus.5428

Rovus.5428

Tequatl is by far my favorite boss in the game, which is interesting considering Branded enemies are among my favorites and Risen are my most hated. The way he fears everyone away makes him seem so sinister compared to the rest.

“Subtus pennas meas, pinnas meas interitum”

Alatum Interitum